• Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

JackieO

Fucking RSPCA...

An elderly relative's brother died recently aged 81.

He had no contact with the family for years and lived alone.

His house was filthy with crap piled in every room, totally dysfunctional which would take a long time to physically plow through and sort.

Someone makes a complaint to the RSPCA that there are cats in the house.

No sign of any cats when the reli sorts through stuff.

RSPCA on the day before the brothers funeral makes contact threatening to get a warrant to break into the house.

I advised relative to put large bowls of dry cat food and water out for the "cats" and tell the RSPCA the "cats" have access to food and water, which they did.

The fucking RSPCA are still hassling the 76yo and their 80yo spouse FFS

16 minutes ago, Dipsy said:

I hate the RSPCA. I have a clause in my will that leaves funds to ensure any pets I have at my death are taking care off, I have specifically excluded the RSPCA from being involved. My will writer said this was quite a common occurrence.

I had means to mistrust the RSPCA before but this bullying of elderly people is unforgivable especially when they are so recently bereaved. >:(

Edited by JackieO

I know there's a lot of anti-RSCPA feeling on here, but I have no issue with the volunteers who work for them. I imagine it's a tough and largely unrewarding thing to do, seeing animal abuse every day and not even being paid for it. Consider yourself lucky that you don't get to see the worst side of human nature (animal abuse) that often.

A lot of the negativity with the RSCPA/RSPB etc seems to stem from the upper echelons of management rather than the volunteers - it's important to separate the two. They probably despise the way that their charity is run as much as anyone. Also, I doubt the lowly call centre volunteer even considered a will, to be honest.

2 minutes ago, JackieO said:

I had means to mistrust the RSPCA before but this bullying of elderly people is unforgivable especially so when they are so recently bereaved. >:(

Disgusting, I'd have the Police on them for harassment.

28 minutes ago, Dipsy said:

I hate the RSPCA. I have a clause in my will that leaves funds to ensure any pets I have at my death are taking care off, I have specifically excluded the RSPCA from being involved. My will writer said this was quite a common occurrence.

The RSPCA and National Trust, I loathe them both, the former has no clue how to treat animals and the latter has no clue about the countryside.

The RSPCA Assured food label is the biggest con out, well along with MSC certified fish. As information for the bunny huggers, the RSPCA sanction the shooting of seals on their Assured salmon farms xD

I think "to prevent fish suffering" actually means 'to maximise profits'

Edited by Hopeful

1 minute ago, Hopeful said:

Yep those would be the salmon farms where the fish are riddled with lice and don't have decent space to move so you end up with pesticide coated flabby farmed salmon - another food item I no longer eat.

3 minutes ago, Hopeful said:

The RSPCA and National Trust, I loathe them both, the former has no clue how to treat animals and the latter has no clue about the countryside.

The RSPCA Assured food label is the biggest con out, well along with MSC certified fish. As information for the the bunny huggers, the RSPCA sanction the shooting of seals on their Assured salmon farms xD

cunts. I didn't know that.

2 minutes ago, Dipsy said:

Yep those would be the salmon farms where the fish are riddled with lice and don't have decent space to move so you end up with pesticide coated flabby farmed salmon - another food item I no longer eat.

Yep, the very farms that have denuded the UK southwest coast of wrasse

Scottish Salmon farming 'risk' to wild wrasse

Edited by Hopeful

In correspondents they called called themselves officers or the like...

When in reality the RSPCA is just a charity with no powers at all but who dress like and speak like they have authority

1 minute ago, JackieO said:

In correspondents they called called themselves officers or the like...

When in reality the RSPCA is just a charity with no powers at all but who dress like and speak like they have authority

a12.jpg

I hope this was your response.

10 minutes ago, Hopeful said:

The RSPCA Assured food label is the biggest con out, well along with MSC certified fish. As information for the bunny huggers, the RSPCA sanction the shooting of seals on their Assured salmon farms xD

Agreed, but what do you think of their Assured eggs? IMO it's equally a load of bollocks.

3 minutes ago, Dipsy said:

Yep, I watched a documentary about Norwegian farmed fish, among the world's most toxic foods. The level of fish detritus and waste builds sediment metres thick on the fjord beds just beanth where the fish are penned. Fish treated routinely with delicing agents (that require operatives to wear full body suits and masks due to the level of toxicity) and antibiotics/other medicines to keep them alive in such close proximity. I immediately stopped buying and was disappointed I can buy literally nothing in Aldi anymore as all of their fish is "responsibly sourced" which is a byword for fish kept like battery hens. This fesh penning will hopefully get the same attention as caged chickens did and more options for consumers.

@SillyBilly I don't shop in ALDI but I only buy non-farmed fish like cod, mackerel, anchovies, sardines, herring and Atlantic prawns. I am sure they must sell these in ALDIs? Maybe not wild Alaskan salmon though.

Can't find non-farmed trout for love nor money.

Just now, spunko said:

Agreed, but what do you think of their Assured eggs? IMO it's equally a load of bollocks.

It's all a load of bollocks because 'Assured' is a money earner for the RSPCA

https://www.berspcaassured.org.uk/media/1261/rspca-assured-application-form-poultry-interactive.pdf

There is no need for money to change hands at all, it could be an award rather than an accredition you can buy

43 minutes ago, Dipsy said:

Nobody wants to die knowing that their beloved pet dog is going to get taken away by the RSPCA and put down. 

3 minutes ago, spunko said:

@SillyBilly I don't shop in ALDI but I only buy non-farmed fish like cod, mackerel, anchovies, sardines, herring and Atlantic prawns. I am sure they must sell these in ALDIs? Maybe not wild Alaskan salmon though.

The selection is pretty poor in ALDI, they do have some non-farmed but not the types of fish I like. I've not bought in the last few weeks since I discovered this (I was ironically buying more fish for my diet to eat more healthily/reduce red meat intake). I keep meaning to find a local fishmonger but haven't go around to it. These days I am taking more of an interest in what goes into my food rather than price so I intend to start sourcing my meat from the local farmshop and the fish from a fishmongers and do the rest in ALDI. At the end of the day I can afford to do this so doesn't make sense to be buying stuff pumped full of preservatives and laced with medicines and antibiotics.

26 minutes ago, spunko said:

I know there's a lot of anti-RSCPA feeling on here, but I have no issue with the volunteers who work for them. I imagine it's a tough and largely unrewarding thing to do, seeing animal abuse every day and not even being paid for it. Consider yourself lucky that you don't get to see the worst side of human nature (animal abuse) that often.

A lot of the negativity with the RSCPA/RSPB etc seems to stem from the upper echelons of management rather than the volunteers - it's important to separate the two. They probably despise the way that their charity is run as much as anyone. Also, I doubt the lowly call centre volunteer even considered a will, to be honest.

It's the same with so many big charities that get taken over by the careerist charity admin type people. It's all part of the long march through the institutions I guess and is primarily why I'm very careful to give money only to charities that I can see in action and that aren't obviously run for political rather than charitable reasons. 

35 minutes ago, Dipsy said:

I find this really interestong, something I didn't know about. Do you have a link?

1 hour ago, Dipsy said:

Someone I know has a long history of rescuing birds, dogs, and cats. They have a similar attitude - a folder of clear instructions about where their animals should go - page1 starts with "Under no circumstances call RSPCA or RSPB".  

RSPCA confiscate 11 healthy Arab horses - "cull" (kill) them - and continue to charge the owners for thier upkeep  https://forums.horseandhound.co.uk/threads/rspca-shoots-11-healthy-horses-but-claimed-keep-fees-for-months.708789/

whisleblower claims RSPCA kill confiscated animals if they have no available kennels  https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2254729/RSPCA-destroys-HALF-animals-rescues--thousands-completely-healthy.html  

RSPB kills 100s of birds on it's nature reserves  https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2013/jun/13/rspb-hypocrisy-killing-birds 

RSPB start a national media campaign after a protected bird is killed (then it's seen alive the following year)  https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/02/04/rspb-embarrassed-rare-bird-suggested-had-illegally-dispatched/ 

I have seen an article where RSPB were successfully prosecuted for killing some healthy breeding birds they had conficated from a breeder (crows? pidgeons?)  but I can't find the link now... 

Why all the endless hate towards the RSPCA on this forum? It gets very tedious after a while. Might it be due to a lot of posters in this forum being supporters of barbaric field sports? Or is it just a general hatred towards animals you all have?

For the record, I think the RSPCA do a great job in difficult situations and I'm glad such an organisation exists. 

1 hour ago, spunko said:

Well said, that man :)