• Welcome to DOSBODS

     

    DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

    Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

     

Sign in to follow this  
stokiescum

clean air zones

Recommended Posts

well we are geting a few red routes in stoke this is surpost to be to clean up air quality,ones in the next street to me.if that does not improve air quality the next steps a caz aparently(clean air zone) and the council claim they cant stop the goverment doing this and imposing charges to drivers.so what cars are likley to avoid this tax and how much is it likley to be ? aparently derby,leeds,nottingham and sevral other cities are geting the same treatment.they are talking about october for the next lot of tests this will fuck up nealy all of the local shops has no one will dare stop for anything.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, stokiescum said:

well we are geting a few red routes in stoke this is surpost to be to clean up air quality,ones in the next street to me.if that does not improve air quality the next steps a caz aparently(clean air zone) and the council claim they cant stop the goverment doing this and imposing charges to drivers.so what cars are likley to avoid this tax and how much is it likley to be ? aparently derby,leeds,nottingham and sevral other cities are geting the same treatment.they are talking about october for the next lot of tests this will fuck up nealy all of the local shops has no one will dare stop for anything.

All been trialed in London.  We have had congestion zones, low emission zones, red routes. Resident parking schemes. The latest wheeze is ‘mini holland’. My mate has an electrical shop, selling cable and stuff to sparkies. He walked away from it six months ago as the sparkies cannot reach his shop in their vans. 

Im convinced these things are introduced to make life as miserable as possible. Just fucking stop importing people would be a start in solving it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, stokiescum said:

well we are geting a few red routes in stoke this is surpost to be to clean up air quality,ones in the next street to me.if that does not improve air quality the next steps a caz aparently(clean air zone) and the council claim they cant stop the goverment doing this and imposing charges to drivers.so what cars are likley to avoid this tax and how much is it likley to be ? aparently derby,leeds,nottingham and sevral other cities are geting the same treatment.they are talking about october for the next lot of tests this will fuck up nealy all of the local shops has no one will dare stop for anything.

Any diesel truck or van fist.

Leeds has a congestion charge in place.

Expect a lot of other congestion riddled places to get it.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, spygirl said:

Any diesel truck or van fist.

Leeds has a congestion charge in place.

Expect a lot of other congestion riddled places to get it.

 

well defra are looking at the a50/500 no news on that yet but it passes straight through the midle of the city has our council were to daft to think of a ring road,if they go after that its the main route from the m6 to the m1 in the midlands they will nail tens of thousands a day

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, One percent said:

All been trialed in London.  We have had congestion zones, low emission zones, red routes. Resident parking schemes. The latest wheeze is ‘mini holland’. My mate has an electrical shop, selling cable and stuff to sparkies. He walked away from it six months ago as the sparkies cannot reach his shop in their vans. 

Im convinced these things are introduced to make life as miserable as possible. Just fucking stop importing people would be a start in solving it. 

Can get plenty of cable in one of these:

WorkCycles-Cargobike-delivery.JPG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, stokiescum said:

so what cars are likley to avoid this tax and how much is it likley to be ?

TFL (Transport For London) has a website which you can enter a Reg Number and it shows the cost (if any) for that vehicle.

I'm guessing something similar will be available for your area soon.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.