• Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
Dave Bloke

Spurlos

I’m standing on the plateau du lac Fourchu, 2000 meters above the alpine town of Grenoble. The autumn sun hangs low in the sky casting a dull, yellowish light. I zip up my coat against the chill breeze. Soon winter snows will cover the ground, and its secrets, until the warm early summer temperatures arrive again next May. The wind brings the occasional ghostly shouts and cries of children playing somewhere down the valley. In front of me is a sign.

Léo Balley, missing since July 1996. If you have any information please contact the police.

Leo%20Bally_thumb%5B5%5D2.jpg

The innocent face of a young boy stares back. It is over 20 years since Léo  disappeared. Without a trace. Seemingly vanishing into thin air. He was on a camping trip with his dad and three friends. The friends had gone to fetch water from a waterfall when Léo decided to turn back to the campsite where his dad was planting the tent. Tired. He was never seen again.

The plateau is a rolling terrain of small hills and lakes, marshes and towards the edge, waterfalls and gorges. Easy to imagine a young boy wandering off and falling into a lake or over a cliff. And yet an extensive search by police and public over a number of weeks revealed no trace of the 6 year old.

Léo  is one of the so called “Isère Missing”, a collection of mysterious disappearances of young children between 1983 and 1996. In 2008 the cases were reopened and the murders of Isère Sarah Siad (1991) and Saïda Berch (1996) solved due to advances in DNA testing. Unfortunately the French authorities are all too quick to destroy evidence and close missing person cases so having evidence to reopen cold cases is somewhat rare. After an initial search the police soon lose interest in these difficult to solve cases.

It is estimated that 50,000 children go missing each year in France. The figure is increasing. Sometimes they are just run-aways, the children are traced shortly afterwards. But around 11,000 cases are not found from one year to another.

French based Brit, Jonathan Oliver has been searching for his daughter Cécile since June 1997. Cécile had decided to remain at home to revise for the French Bac while her family went on a week-end break. She’d called her dad a little after 5pm, she had organized a small party with friends the night before and was concerned she hadn’t okayed it with her mum. Afterwards she’d gone for a walk along the side of the new autoroute that was being built along the Maurienne valley. She was seen for the last time at 18h45.

In 2008 the police closed the autoroute for several days to examine the area with ground penetrating radar.

16163067.jpg

Sometimes there is false hope. In February 2004 the French Police stopped a young man walking through a village at the foot of the Taillefer, not far from where Léo Balley had vanished 8 years previously. Clothed in a parker  jacket and baseball cap they asked his name “Léo… Léo Balley” came the reply. Shocked the police decided to take the young man to Grenoble. He seemed scared, refused to take off his coat or cap. He claimed he’d been held in a house with other children. Convincing. The young man responded perfectly to questioning. He accepted to take a DNA test, probably believing the police didn’t have any of Léo’s real DNA. When the results arrived the police realized they had an impostor. He must have learned everything about the real Léo from newspaper articles and the web. In fact the fake Léo, Frédéric Bourdin was 30 years old. His Interpol file showed he used at least 18 aliases, he spoke a number of languages fluently. Warrants were out for his arrest in Britain, Ireland and Switzerland. He’d served 6 years in a Texas prison after trying to impersonate a missing child. He’d lived 4 months with the parents.

Sometimes le Plod are their own worst enemies. English student Joanna Parrish went missing in May 1990 in Auxerre after arranging to meet a man who wanted English lessons. Her naked body was found the following day in the River Yonne. She had been raped, beaten and strangled. Le Plod had stomped all over the murder scene. Destroying any forensic evidence. Police also managed to lose DNA samples. In 2018 “The Beast of the Ardennes” serial killer Michel Fourniret confessed to killing Parish. Forniret has been linked to a Northern Paedophile ring. Sources close to the Balley case have also made allegations of a high level paedophile ring. Certainly in the case of the Isere Missing there are examples of files and evidence going missing or destroyed. As if someone is being protected at a high level.

26814896_2051721861511193_22153926362023

In July 2017 Nordahl Lelandais lured 8 year old Maëlys away from a wedding ceremony, assaulted and killed her before dumping her body in the Chartreuse mountains. After a long and difficult investigation the Police were able to crack Lelandais who led them to where he'd dumped her body. They also linked Lelandais to the death of Arthur Noyer in 2017 whose skull was found in Montmelian some months later. Following his arrest the police reviewed 900 unresolved murders and disappearances in the region. There are currently 40 cases under close investigation.

So what happens to The Missing? Raped, murdered and buried under motorway construction? Held in paedo shotgun shacks? sold to the white slave trade? Who knows. Certainly not the French Police.

https://www.nouvelobs.com/faits-divers/20170719.OBS2295/de-ma-fille-cecile-disparue-il-y-a-20-ans-il-ne-me-reste-que-des-souvenirs.html

Edited by Dave Bloke

Certainly not the French Police?

Oh I think there will be people in the French police who know exactly who is responsible for some of these. Or at least, who is covering them up. 

Nepotism and covering up for mates and/or family is engrained in the French culture. Years back a French flatmate in Paris was done for speeding and being over the limit, he arrived furious, made a few phone calls to connected people, the charge was cancelled. As he was an arty political type I asked if he thought this was a good thing that it was possible to do what he’d done. He said oh well I wasn’t driving dangerously... (I’d been in his car, he drove like a maniac)

7 minutes ago, swiss_democracy_for_all said:

Oh I think there will be people in the French police who know exactly who is responsible for some of these. Or at least, who is covering them up. 

Nepotism and covering up for mates and/or family is engrained in the French culture. Years back a French flatmate in Paris was done for speeding and being over the limit, he arrived furious, made a few phone calls to connected people, the charge was cancelled. As he was an arty political type I asked if he thought this was a good thing that it was possible to do what he’d done. He said oh well I wasn’t driving dangerously... (I’d been in his car, he drove like a maniac)

That basically was the plot of the TV series The Missing.

29 minutes ago, swiss_democracy_for_all said:

I think I recall reading somewhere France has a particularly dire rate for murders getting solved.Worst in Europe IIRC. 

According to the NCA 80,000 children go missing in the UK each year. I can't find how many then stay missing though. NCA also thinks that 7 out of 10 missing children don't get reported to the police, so I wonder whether they are the ones that tend to come back after an argument. I reckons 10's of thousands of children in the UK don't get found and for the same reasons as in France.

2 minutes ago, Dipsy said:

According to the NCA 80,000 children go missing in the UK each year. I can't find how many then stay missing though. NCA also thinks that 7 out of 10 missing children don't get reported to the police, so I wonder whether they are the ones that tend to come back after an argument. I reckons 10's of thousands of children in the UK don't get found and for the same reasons as in France.

11,000 a year is like one in every 50 kids, presuming it accrues year over year...

seems a little unlikely to me, unless there are millions of families out there who don't kick up much fuss about 'oh, Timmy gone. Its been six years now. Still, time to cook dinner'

3 minutes ago, Dipsy said:

Wouldn't we be seeing mass protests of parents? With that number there would not be a town or city with no loads of missing kids. I am pretty sure that would make the school gate gossip at the very least.

3 minutes ago, Dipsy said:

I can’t understand this. Kids are the easiest to track, they are all in the system. In schools. So, if one goes missing, surely the parents/careers are number one suspect?  

21 minutes ago, One percent said:

I can’t understand this. Kids are the easiest to track, they are all in the system. In schools. So, if one goes missing, surely the parents/careers are number one suspect?  

Well, for one demographic, its followed up with all the zeal you'd expect. ie, about the same as FGM is followed up....

Another of the neverending gifts from muslims bestowed upon us. 

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/mystery-of-bradfords-missing-children-were-they-forced-into-marriages-abroad-777684.html

250 might not sound that much. But of one gender, in one year, in one city.

The schools census of 2006 says there were 9255 Pakistani enrolled in 11-18 education in Jan of that year in Bradford education authority. Assume just under half, around 4500 are girls, and around 1750 are girls aged 13-16, that means around 1 out of every 7 Pakistani descent school girl in Bradford gets shipped off to Pakistan, never to be seen again. 

Edited by PatronizingGit

3 minutes ago, PatronizingGit said:

Well, for one demographic, its followed up with all the zeal you'd expect. ie, about the same as FGM is followed up....

Another of the neverending gifts from muslims bestowed upon us. 

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/mystery-of-bradfords-missing-children-were-they-forced-into-marriages-abroad-777684.html

250 might not sound that much. But of one gender, in one year, in one city.

The schools census of 2006 says there were 9255 Pakistani enrolled in 11-18 education in Jan of that year in Bradford education authority. Assume just under half, around 4500 are girls, and around 1750 are girls aged 13-16, that means around 1 out of every 7 Pakistani descent school girl in Bradford gets shipped off to Pakistan, never to be seen again. 

Jeeze the appeasement is strong here isn’t it. 

The establishment just does not care about the individual does it. 

12 minutes ago, One percent said:

Jeeze the appeasement is strong here isn’t it. 

The establishment just does not care about the individual does it. 

it's a sensitive issue that might harm community relations if investigated too vigorously

25 minutes ago, Dipsy said:

http://www.nationalcrimeagency.gov.uk/publications/696-missing-persons-data-report-2014-2015/file  this isn't the most up to date. For some reason I can't download that.

Lots of data there, but doesn't really tell me what I think is the most pertinent information. I think the most relevant piece of information is how many people go missing never to be found?

The report centres on missing persons incidents. It then shows how many people are "missing" for more than 7 days, which is about 5% of the total number of incidents, 2,500 people. How many of those are located after 7 days?. 

I was in a serious(head on) RTC in 1993 just south of Paris. I broke my Femur and my girlfriend (now wife) was in a coma for some time. My father saw through the closing ranks and cover up straight away. There was nothing we could do. We were fortunate that we were well insured otherwise the repatriation would have been ruinous.

On 19/02/2019 at 20:32, Dave Bloke said:

Sometimes le Plod are their own worst enemies. English student Joanna Parrish went missing in May 1990 in Auxerre after arranging to meet a man who wanted English lessons. Her naked body was found the following day in the River Yonne. She had been raped, beaten and strangled. Le Plod had stomped all over the murder scene. Destroying any forensic evidence. Police also managed to lose DNA samples. In 2018 “The Beast of the Ardennes” serial killer Michel Fourniret confessed to killing Parish. Forniret has been linked to a Northern Paedophile ring. 

Micherl Fourniret, a notorious psychopathic paedophile is back in the frame tonight for the high profile disappearance of Estelle Mouzin. Estelle dissapeared without a trace in the east Paris region in 2003. 9 year old Estelle was walking home from school. It was dark. She was seen for the last time outside a bakers 750 meters from her home.  Police have long suspected Fourniret. He owned a van matching the description of a vehicle seen in the area but the public prosecutor didn't think he could drive the distance from his home in the Ardenees given the bad weather despite having been in the area 3 weeks previously. Today his wife, who provided an alibi,  has asked to speak to the prosecutor with important information about Estelle.

Last March Fourniret told "le plod" they would have to "dig deep" to find Estelle. A cursory inspection of his ex wife's garden failed to turn up any remains but Fourniret had buried victims up 4 meters deep.

Edited by Dave Bloke