DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

IGNORED

Sasda off

spygirl

Another highly paid genius CEO proves yet again that the company iswasting its money.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-47303166

Anyone with any clue would know that the comp authority would not let the lerger happen.

Anyone wwho'd seen ASDA figures would realise that Walmart are flipping a dog.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-43959687

We're in the money my arse.

Now Salisbury starts gutting its store portfolio. Before it goes bust.

Bought some heavily discounted single malt in neither Asda nor Sainsbury’s the other day but TESCOS

it was a 43% number winter gold or some such, bit harsh to my palate and could understand why it’s been heavily discounted 

37 minutes ago, Wig said:

Bought some heavily discounted single malt in neither Asda nor Sainsbury’s the other day but TESCOS

it was a 43% number winter gold or some such, bit harsh to my palate and could understand why it’s been heavily discounted 

Tesco operate a pretty hefty malt discount cycle.

There are some huge reductions on certain brands around christmas.

There's some cunt/cunts who hovers up all the stock before Ive noticed. All I ever see is 'Was 45, now 28' and an empty shelf.

7 hours ago, spygirl said:

Tesco operate a pretty hefty malt discount cycle.

There are some huge reductions on certain brands around christmas.

There's some cunt/cunts who hovers up all the stock before Ive noticed. All I ever see is 'Was 45, now 28' and an empty shelf.

Yeah that winter number I picked up was something like that 43-28 

I refrained from

buyimg the lot as I’d never tried it and am glad I did as I probably wouldn’t go for it again

jura was on offer in ASDA and that stuff is decent to my palate

Gordie Lastchance
10 hours ago, Wig said:

I got a bottle of Dalwhinnie Winter's Gold when it was on special in the past.

Only AFTER I'd finished it, did I read on the box that it's supposed to be served from the freezer.

Try doing it that way and see how you get on.

And please let us know once you've done your taste test!

15 hours ago, spygirl said:

Another highly paid genius CEO proves yet again that the company iswasting its money.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-47303166

'Customers could see higher prices and less choice if the two grocers combined, the Competition and Markets Authority (CMA) said.

It said it could block the deal or force the sale of a large number of stores or even one of the brand names.

The CMA's Mr McIntosh said: "We have provisionally found that, should the two merge, shoppers could face higher prices, reduced quality and choice, and a poorer overall shopping experience across the UK.

"We also have concerns that prices could rise at a large number of their petrol stations."'

And Sainsbury's were saying customers would see lower prices and more choice.Who to beleive????

8 hours ago, sancho panza said:

'Customers could see higher prices and less choice if the two grocers combined, the Competition and Markets Authority (CMA) said.

It said it could block the deal or force the sale of a large number of stores or even one of the brand names.

The CMA's Mr McIntosh said: "We have provisionally found that, should the two merge, shoppers could face higher prices, reduced quality and choice, and a poorer overall shopping experience across the UK.

"We also have concerns that prices could rise at a large number of their petrol stations."'

And Sainsbury's were saying customers would see lower prices and more choice.Who to beleive????

I think the Comp people just say high prices as the throw away.

I dont know - there is a lot of competition.

All I know the Comp Auth have a number of trade that a company is allowed to have/reach. Sasdfa breach it so - so No.

Sainsbury of today is not he Sainsbury of 10 years ago. Its mainly owned by idiot ME PE types.

I reckon Sainsbury is going to be gutted. No place for it.

1 hour ago, spygirl said:

I think the Comp people just say high prices as the throw away.

I dont know - there is a lot of competition.

All I know the Comp Auth have a number of trade that a company is allowed to have/reach. Sasdfa breach it so - so No.

Sainsbury of today is not he Sainsbury of 10 years ago. Its mainly owned by idiot ME PE types.

I reckon Sainsbury is going to be gutted. No place for it.

I think Asda has the bigger issue.The demogrpahic of Sainsbury's is much liikethe Tory membership-old and aging-however,they're unlikely to shop down the chain and go to Asda/Aldi/Lidl.I think Sians will struggle over the longer timeline but I think Asda has an immediate problem and your theory re walmart offloading while they can still get something for it is bang on.

Asdas shoppers are quite comfortable rubbing shoudlers at Aldi

On 20/02/2019 at 20:34, Gordie Lastchance said:

Only AFTER I'd finished it, did I read on the box that it's supposed to be served from the freezer.

No sht maybe I’ll give it another spin in that case thanks for the heads up 

On 20/02/2019 at 20:34, Gordie Lastchance said:

Biggest mistake I made for years drinking Malt was thinking `the correct way` was neat. A Scotsman educated this Sassanach in a bothy one day by adding a few drops of spring water...what a difference!...all the strength, 100% more flavour, and none of the `fire`...try it and you won't look back.

22 hours ago, sancho panza said:

I think Asda has the bigger issue.The demogrpahic of Sainsbury's is much liikethe Tory membership-old and aging-however,they're unlikely to shop down the chain and go to Asda/Aldi/Lidl.I think Sians will struggle over the longer timeline but I think Asda has an immediate problem and your theory re walmart offloading while they can still get something for it is bang on.

Asdas shoppers are quite comfortable rubbing shoudlers at Aldi

Yeah both Walmart (Asda) and John Lewis (Waitrose) need to get out and Sainsbury’s needs to change (still unsure about the Argos purchase ). I’m still unsure if Amazon want in. My gut says Amazon would go for Morrisons as Walmart firstly would not sell Amazon and unsure of the Asda brand value. 

On 20/02/2019 at 10:24, Wig said:

xD

Winter's Gold was one of mine! Possibly not the best whisky I've ever made, but fairly drinkable for the (discounted) price... 

Shatner's Bassoon
1 hour ago, Craig said:

xD

Winter's Gold was one of mine! Possibly not the best whisky I've ever made, but fairly drinkable for the (discounted) price... 

Well, this is awkward xD

2 hours ago, Craig said:

xD

What do you mean one of yours? You some sort of single malt broker bruv?

9 hours ago, MrXxx said:

Biggest mistake I made for years drinking Malt was thinking `the correct way` was neat. A Scotsman educated this Sassanach in a bothy one day by adding a few drops of spring water...what a difference!...all the strength, 100% more flavour, and none of the `fire`...try it and you won't look back.

Well I've learned something there.

I'm not much of a whisky drinker but I always drink it neat thinking that is how it should be drunk.  I will try some water with it next time.

Democorruptcy
11 hours ago, MrXxx said:

Ditto that.

I was educated when they put some water in my free sample, at the end of the Glenfiddich distillery tour in Dufftown.

If ever there was something which embodied the whisky world we're trying to move away from, it'd be that video. Drink it however the f*** you like, neat, with a small amount of ice, with a mixer, in a cocktail if you so desire, but don't ever let anyone tell you how to drink your whisky.

Only thing I would agree on there is that Whyte and Mackay should indeed be thrown straight out of the glass to be replaced with a decent whisky!

I'm Scottish but I can't stand whisky.  I've been given a glass of some stuff that apparently cost a few hundred quid a bottle and I thought it tasted like a mixture of cigarette ash, vinegar and bleach.  It's been a few years since I've tried any whisky and as I've always tried to drink it neat, perhaps I was doing it wrong and maybe he's on to something?  I do find those videos quite entertaining though

Gordie Lastchance
On 22/02/2019 at 06:59, MrXxx said:

I'm a Jock and I drank malts neat for probably three decades - until about a year ago. That's when I started adding filtered water and that's the only way I drink my whisky now. I don't know if it's because my tastes have changed, but I really enjoy my whisky this way.

About 15 years ago, I went on a tour of Glenkinchie Distillery at Pencaitland, near Edinburgh. At the end, the drams were served up by a lovely tour guide who schooled us on tasting notes and how adding water affects a whisky. I will never forget how she told us to look at the "oils" in the glass when the water was poured in. If you've never done it, add a drop of water and look at how the whisky subtly changes texture (you might need to hold it up to a light to do this). Apparently, water also releases flavours.

Even after this, though, I continued to drink my dram without adding anything to it. Whatever it was that made me start adding water to my whisky a year ago, I'm glad I did.

On 22/02/2019 at 19:56, Lipid said:

If you liked that, you'll love this:  This is a much longer and version:

I wouldn't use blended to clean my toilet, let alone cleaning my glass...or even worse drinking it!

On 24/02/2019 at 12:27, Wig said:

Yeah I like it with a splash of water, feels like tap water is probably missing the point though @Craig?

Depends where you live. Up here the tap water's as good as you would get in a bottle. I'd suggest the harder waters of southern regions might not complement the whisky as well.

Yet to be convinced as to the merit of buying bottles of Speyside water to dilute a Speyside whisky and so on, but it's a good marketing angle I guess.

Archived