• Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
One percent

Taking a gun to a knife fight. Ratcheting it up to a new level

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6729001/Man-stabbed-Tube-train-east-London-station-brave-passenger-trips-suspect.html

A 16-year-old schoolboy was shot in front of horrified commuters at a rail station in east London hours after another teenager was stabbed to death in Birmingham.

In east London, an altercation between the victim and two male suspects began on board a Hammersmith and City Line train out of London on Wednesday night.

It then spilled on to the platform at Barking station, at which point the victim was shot in the stomach and the two suspects fled, police said.

11 hours ago, One percent said:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6729001/Man-stabbed-Tube-train-east-London-station-brave-passenger-trips-suspect.html

A 16-year-old schoolboy was shot in front of horrified commuters at a rail station in east London hours after another teenager was stabbed to death in Birmingham.

In east London, an altercation between the victim and two male suspects began on board a Hammersmith and City Line train out of London on Wednesday night.

It then spilled on to the platform at Barking station, at which point the victim was shot in the stomach and the two suspects fled, police said.

Next phase begins.

As mentioned grenades are next.  They're bought 'in bulk' in Sweden from Albania or somewhere.  Supposedly, grenades are actually a lot cheaper than guns and thrown in as 'tasters' or 'incentives' for those buying guns.  Like Creme Eggs.

3 minutes ago, ElKapitan84 said:

As mentioned grenades are next.  They're bought 'in bulk' in Sweden from Albania or somewhere.  Supposedly, grenades are actually a lot cheaper than guns and thrown in as 'tasters' or 'incentives' for those buying guns.  Like Creme Eggs.

Do they have the word “Easter” written on them though?

People seem to think that gun-crime in the UK is limited by our strict gun-control.  This is sort-of true, but not for the reasons people think; there isn't much gun crime in the UK because there isn't any point -- victims very seldom have guns.  Note, this isn't to do with the criminals, particularly -- we've got ourselves into a situation where they can get guns readily enough, but it isn't worth the hassle.

However, there is a secondary need; criminal-on-criminal crime.  In this regard we are living in a time of rapidly escalating need -- once everyone has a knife you have to have a gun to stay ahead.  And once your 'enemy' has a gun, well, you've got to get a gun.  This would have been 'fine' 20 years ago, as you couldn't get guns in the UK, but in the meantime we've managed to import thousands and thousands of people that know where to get guns, how to import them, and how to use them.

Finally, once the crims have all got guns -- might as well use them for other activities.

The authorities are, IMO, being fantastically naive in trusting that gun-control will limit the proliferation of gun crime.

[well, I think actual feet-on-ground police officers (of all ranks) understand the position, but the politicians and senior police-officers find it convenient to ensure that the general public isn't informed in these matters]

Edited by dgul

34 minutes ago, ElKapitan84 said:

As mentioned grenades are next.  They're bought 'in bulk' in Sweden from Albania or somewhere.  Supposedly, grenades are a ctually a lot cheaper than guns and thrown in as 'tasters' or 'incentives' for those buying guns.  Like Creme Eggs.

Fortunately, being in the EU, we are protected from this sort of thing and can sleep safely in our beds at night secure in the knowledge that the bureaucrats of Brussels stand watch over us. Witness the hard line being taken over the NI/Ireland border where rigorous and severe measures will be taken to prevent any trespassing ruminants walking to the other side of their border-straddling field.

No, we need have no fear of Albanian grenades on our streets. Albania is not in the EU (yet) so all lorries crossing the border are thoroughly inspected.

Edited by the gardener

29 minutes ago, the gardener said:

Fortunately, being in the EU, we are protected from this sort of thing and can sleep safely in our beds at night secure in the knowledge that the bureaucrats of Brussels stand watch over us. Witness the hard line being taken over the NI/Ireland border where rigorous and severe measures will be taken to prevent any trespassing ruminants walking to the other side of their border-straddling field.

No, we need have no fear of Albanian grenades on our streets. Albania is not in the EU (yet) so all lorries crossing the border are thoroughly inspected.

Surely it depends on whether the grenades have a CE mark (or equivalent) showing they are safe for import into the EU?

List of grenade attacks in Sweden to April 2017.

They are reasonably uncommon up to 2014 but in 2015 and 2016 there were far too many to cut and paste onto here; thirty or forty each year.

As the bus driver's son would say it is now part and parcel of living in vibrant enriched Sweden.

https://vikinglifeblog.wordpress.com/2017/04/11/list-of-grenade-attacks-in-sweden-last-attack-11-april/

The likely effect of one of those thrown into a tube carriage suggests that security staff and metal detectors at tube stations would be a good idea.

2 minutes ago, Frank Hovis said:

The likely effect of one of those thrown into a tube carriage suggests that security staff and metal detectors at tube stations would be a good idea.

Won't happen though, the queues to get into some tube stations (Victoria) are already at the 20-30 minute wait at peak times some mornings. Better to chuck the grenade into the queue.

4 minutes ago, Frank Hovis said:

List of grenade attacks in Sweden to April 2017.

They are reasonably uncommon up to 2014 but in 2015 and 2016 there were far too many to cut and paste onto here; thirty or forty each year.

As the bus driver's son would say it is now part and parcel of living in vibrant enriched Sweden.

https://vikinglifeblog.wordpress.com/2017/04/11/list-of-grenade-attacks-in-sweden-last-attack-11-april/

Watching some of those Abba videos from the 70's shot in Sweden - no pun - of Swedish school kids listening to them I do wonder how many of the kids grew up to become the people who have destroyed Sweden.

Just now, Dipsy said:

Won't happen though, the queues to get into some tube stations (Victoria) are already at the 20-30 minute wait at peak times some mornings. Better to chuck the grenade into the queue.

:o

Really?

Wow, it has changed in twenty years.  I used to hear tales of the Northern Line from a colleague who lived in Clapham South but it was just that line and it was never that bad.

1 minute ago, The Masked Tulip said:

Watching some of those Abba videos from the 70's shot in Sweden - no pun - of Swedish school kids listening to them I do wonder how many of the kids grew up to become the people who have destroyed Sweden.

It's a catastrophe.

A happy prosperous nation takes the conscious decision to spend forty years deliberately destroying that happiness and prosperity.

It's as though they were ashamed of it.

2 minutes ago, Frank Hovis said:

It's a catastrophe.

A happy prosperous nation takes the conscious decision to spend forty years deliberately destroying that happiness and prosperity.

Because they had it so good they simply had no idea how bad it could be. The projection of their own values and culture onto far more violent and backward cultures is fascinating. We see the exact same thing here with our middle classes, many of them in UK broadcasting, who project their ideals onto the usual suspects but who refuse to see the British child 2 miles down the road lucky to get one meal per day.

1 minute ago, Frank Hovis said:

Really?

Wow, it has changed in twenty years.  I used to hear tales of the Northern Line from a colleague who lived in Clapham South but it was just that line and it was never that bad.

I actively avoid Victoria tube station at rush hour where possible. You start the queue (I say queue, it's more a mass of people) in the train station concourse and then slowly make your way down the stairs into the underground station and then wait to go through the ticket barriers. When I do go up to London I tend to walk from whichever mainline station I'm at to my destination, facing towards the traffic in case a hire car of peace decides to accidentally mount the pavement. 

Grenades next.  Clearly they're already increasingly with guns. 

Brought in from places like Albania but likely also having been smuggled in during NGO people smuggling taxi boat operations smuggling in people unchecked, unregistered and uncontrolled likely with all sorts of armaments and who knows what else.  NGOs reportedly funded by Soros.

Edited by twocents

16 minutes ago, lid said:

https://mobile.twitter.com/MPSFirearms/status/1098181321032110080

Dunno how to embed tweets but they're finding RPGs in bushes in London now.

Funnily enough this wasn't on the news

I expect there's no room left to store them in their basements.  They'll probably be full of RPG's, anti tank missiles and such stuff like as was reported in Sweden.

1 hour ago, Dipsy said:

You start the queue (I say queue, it's more a mass of people) in the train station concourse and then slowly make your way down the stairs into the underground station and then wait to go through the ticket barriers. 

We're becoming more like our continental cousins all the time. Emulating their behaviour. It used to be a British habit that was derided throughout the world; our orderly habit of queuing politely in line. Now more and more frequently its just a melee, like in France. 

1 minute ago, sleepwello'nights said:

We're becoming more like our continental cousins all the time. Emulating their behaviour. It used to be a British habit that was derided throughout the world; our orderly habit of queuing politely in line. Now more and more frequently its just a melee, like in France. 

Probably because the majority in the queue aren't British anyway!

3 hours ago, Frank Hovis said:

Really?

It's a catastrophe.

Victoria Line is horrendous.

I am glad my office moved so I only have to use a surface train now.