• Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

One percent

Eat dog now while you still can

Read this whilst listening to lbc and their report on banning food adverts on public transport in London. Fiddling while Rome burns 

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/columnists/article-6740781/DOMINIC-LAWSON-Brexits-dogs-dinner-MPs-trying-make-eating-dog-meat-illegal.html

Bill proposed by the Conservative MP Bill Wiggin, seeking to make eating dogs a criminal offence in this country. MPs have also raised it with the Prime Minister directly (as if she didn’t have enough on her, um, plate).

there are no recorded instances — none, zero — of anyone eating dog meat in this country. At least not deliberately.

It is already illegal to sell dog meat. It is already illegal to slaughter dogs for the purpose of consumption.

the question is, why?  Who are they planning to import next?  Probably Chinese, they have an inexhaustible supply of people 

1 minute ago, One percent said:

Read this whilst listening to lbc and their report on banning food adverts on public transport in London. Fiddling while Rome burns 

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/columnists/article-6740781/DOMINIC-LAWSON-Brexits-dogs-dinner-MPs-trying-make-eating-dog-meat-illegal.html

Bill proposed by the Conservative MP Bill Wiggin, seeking to make eating dogs a criminal offence in this country. MPs have also raised it with the Prime Minister directly (as if she didn’t have enough on her, um, plate).

there are no recorded instances — none, zero — of anyone eating dog meat in this country. At least not deliberately.

It is already illegal to sell dog meat. It is already illegal to slaughter dogs for the purpose of consumption.

the question is, why?  Who are they planning to import next?  Probably Chinese, they have an inexhaustible supply of people 

Chinese bloke at work says dog is very tasty.

While the Chinese will eat anything, it's the Koreans who are more in to dog meat.

1 minute ago, ashestoashes said:

I'm feeding my dogs up ready for the post brexit famine

You will make a fortune. Meat and cheese going up by thirty percent 

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6739445/Food-prices-rocket-No-Deal-Michael-Gove-acknowledges.html

mind, not because of Brexit, just the greedy bastards have spotted an opportunity 

15 minutes ago, gilf said:

Chinese bloke at work says dog is very tasty.

While the Chinese will eat anything, it's the Koreans who are more in to dog meat.

Animals who are carnivores are always going to be tastier than those who are herbivores.

It's incredibly inefficient to farm them as conversion of energy to herbivore meat is about 100:1 and then to carnivore meat another 100:1 so 10,000:1 from the original food source.

Hence carnivores not forming part of agricultural food raising.

40 minutes ago, One percent said:

I live on the outskirts of Harrow, which is ground zero for importation. Chinese immigration has already gone into overdrive - that's been the most noticeable increase after Syrian/Somalian immigration, and *white flight is almost complete. I just hang around to add a bit of diversity.

*should be renamed Anglo-flight.

46 minutes ago, Frank Hovis said:

Animals who are carnivores are always going to be tastier than those who are herbivores.

It's incredibly inefficient to farm them as conversion of energy to herbivore meat is about 100:1 and then to carnivore meat another 100:1 so 10,000:1 from the original food source.

Hence carnivores not forming part of agricultural food raising.

Why?

Apart from guinea-pig and pig and wild boar(all omnivore), alligator and snake (which were nice) I can't remember knowingly eating any carnivores, but can't see why they would be more tasty. Nothing much beats Argentinian grass-fed beef IMO, the various fattier cuts for me like rib-eye.

8 minutes ago, swiss_democracy_for_all said:

Why?

Apart from guinea-pig and pig and wild boar(all omnivore), alligator and snake (which were nice) I can't remember knowingly eating any carnivores, but can't see why they would be more tasty. Nothing much beats Argentinian grass-fed beef IMO, the various fattier cuts for me like rib-eye.

All the trace elements and compounds are concentrated within the carnivore.

Hence why DDT was so harmful to raptors but not to ordinary birds; it's the concentration as you go higher up the food chain.

42 minutes ago, maynardgravy said:

I live on the outskirts of Harrow, which is ground zero for importation. Chinese immigration has already gone into overdrive

That's because they get in the taxi at Heathrow Airport and say "Harro" to the driver.

2 minutes ago, Frank Hovis said:

All the trace elements and compounds are concentrated within the carnivore.

Hence why DDT was so harmful to raptors but not to ordinary birds; it's the concentration as you go higher up the food chain.

Ah ok I see what you mean but am not sure this translates to taste. 

2 hours ago, One percent said:

the question is, why?

Why? it's obvious virtue signalling.

And how dare you object to this law, you must have something to hide, perhaps you eat dogs?

9 minutes ago, Dipsy said:

Aren't carnivores more prone to parasites,  I've always thought the conventional wisdom is that carnivores taste rank.

Carnivores are perfectly edible, just ludicrously inefficient to farm, so can never be more than novelty food.

"Time = money" + "on Thursday MPs spent an afternoon arguing that the Government should ban the consumption of dog meat." = :PissedOff: 

I see 2 3 options, it's either a displacement activity (so they don't have to think about difficult stuff, y'know that annoying Brexit thing that proles keep pestering us about), or it's pre-emptive legislation ( is eating dog part of the cultural enrichment we can look forward to?). KISS principle - maybe I'm looking to deep and it was simply another example of the insanity within the Government of this country?

It’s because they’ve pretty much run out of sensible laws. Really the HoC needs running down to a skeleton operation just to keep things ticking over. Instead they waste time on things that are all ready covered by existing laws just to give themselves a sense of purpose.

Look forward to some new laws to make it illegal to kill left handed people, followed by one to protect ambidextrous people (right handers are privileged so fuck ‘em).

14 minutes ago, Andersen said:

"Time = money" + "on Thursday MPs spent an afternoon arguing that the Government should ban the consumption of dog meat." = :PissedOff: 

I see 2 3 options, it's either a displacement activity (so they don't have to think about difficult stuff, y'know that annoying Brexit thing that proles keep pestering us about), or it's pre-emptive legislation ( is eating dog part of the cultural enrichment we can look forward to?). KISS principle - maybe I'm looking to deep and it was simply another example of the insanity within the Government of this country?

hard to see a future for dogs in an islamic world. That's what happens when you emulate your 7th century goat-herding superhero. Good job he wasn't into violence or pedophilia, phew!!!