• Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

SpectrumFX

Dissenter, free speech comments for any URL on the web

This could be interesting.

GAB have launched a new product called dissenter that provides free speech comment threads on any URL.

https://dissenter.com

Here's the text from their launch email:

Gab.com is pleased to officially launch its sister product, Dissenter.

Dissenter is the comment section of the Internet.

Dissenter creates a free speech comment section for any URL on the web. Users can access comment threads on a URL by searching for the link on Dissenter's web app at dissenter.com. Alternatively, if users install the free and open-source Dissenter browser extension, users can see comments being made on any URL they navigate to displayed in a sidebar in their browser.

Dissenter.com thus extends Gab's reach, and its free speech platform, across the entire internet. Anyone with a Gab.com account can access Dissenter, and utilize it to express themselves on any content on the internet in any way they see fit, as long as their chosen form of expression is legal in the United States.

Dissenter has become a necessary tool due to rampant corporate censorship of ordinary internet users, whether that takes the form of YouTube demonetizing millions of videos and removing comment sections, Facebook and Instagram banning British activist Tommy Robinson, whose real name is Stephen Yaxley-Lennon, whose real name is Stephen Yaxley-Lennon for his political opinions, or Netflix banning comedy shows at the behest of Saudi princes.

A free, open-source utility that allows people to dissent from orthodoxy and express what they are really thinking, without fear of reprisal, is essential in order to wrest control of the Internet and public discourse from Silicon Valley tech giants.

Gab.com and dissenter.comlead the way in keeping the Internet free. All people are welcome to use our products to express themselves freely.

Finally, Gab no longer requires an invite code to join. Tell a friend. :)

Andrew Torba 
Thank you

Edited by SpectrumFX

11 minutes ago, Reck B said:

Fucking hell.

i had this idea 3years ago when I started to see news articles not allowing comments.

i should have learned to code.

ALERT! ALERT! ALERT!

HATE CRIME DETECTED!

SUSPEND FROM TWATTER ETC ETC

Just now, Napoleon Dynamite said:

Hope people start using this with Rightmove.

Christ that's a good idea....

11 hours ago, Reck B said:

Fucking hell.

i had this idea 3years ago when I started to see news articles not allowing comments.

i should have learned to code.

There have been systems like it for 20 years but they come and go.

19 minutes ago, Libspero said:

Anyone managed to install it on an android platform?

Firefox let me install the add on, and I now have a drop down in the menu called "dissenter extension".

When I select it I get a new window with the dissenter comments for the URL, but it's only in the top left quarter of my screen 'till I zoom in.

So it kind of works. Can anybody do any better than that?

:)

9 minutes ago, SpectrumFX said:

Firefox let me install the add on, and I now have a drop down in the menu called "dissenter extension".

When I select it I get a new window with the dissenter comments for the URL, but it's only in the top left quarter of my screen 'till I zoom in.

So it kind of works. Can anybody do any better than that?

:)

Great..  thanks :Passusabeer:

Had to install firefox but works great.

3 minutes ago, Chewing Grass said:

I have just left my mark like a dog cocking its leg.

I am using the pseudonym of the owner of the Trenwith mine in 1911.

Are you Lord Mandelslime of Fondleboys? xD

28 minutes ago, Long time lurking said:

Been playing about with dissenter this morning ,i think it`s going to be huge 

One good point from Styx is that Gab should ally with other online services so that internet users can use Dissenter without having to be on Gab.

Many people still won't go on Gab because it is supposedly a "Nazi" site. Which sadly is a justifiable accusation at the present time. I am on there myself and am exasperated by the constant racial epithets. It is too much like a bunch of 13 year olds who have been told they can say whatever they want to... N-bomb, n-bomb, n-bomb. So I don't post anything as it doesn't seem to be a proper discourse. There needs to be a critical mass of adults in order to drown out the idiots and at the present time it simply is not there. It feels like a chicken and egg situation where ordinary folk won't go on there because on the predominance of the idiots, and the idiots are predominant because of the lack of ordinary people.

Hence why I have my fingers and toes crossed for Dissenter.

2 hours ago, billfunk said:

One good point from Styx is that Gab should ally with other online services so that internet users can use Dissenter without having to be on Gab.

Many people still won't go on Gab because it is supposedly a "Nazi" site. Which sadly is a justifiable accusation at the present time. I am on there myself and am exasperated by the constant racial epithets. It is too much like a bunch of 13 year olds who have been told they can say whatever they want to... N-bomb, n-bomb, n-bomb. So I don't post anything as it doesn't seem to be a proper discourse. There needs to be a critical mass of adults in order to drown out the idiots and at the present time it simply is not there. It feels like a chicken and egg situation where ordinary folk won't go on there because on the predominance of the idiots, and the idiots are predominant because of the lack of ordinary people.

Hence why I have my fingers and toes crossed for Dissenter.

I agree with all that it`s/was a place for all of carls mates ,but you don`t have to "use" Gab to use it`s dissenter extension all you need to do is open an account and forget about it