• Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
spygirl

Rumpole of the BurgerKing

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-47372265

Could barristers earn more working in McDonald's?

So, whats your point?

If you want to earn money then youve got to sell something - product or service - to a customer with money to buy it.

Most criminals tend to idiots - at least the ones that are caught are

(Got to put this in here - https://www.gazettelive.co.uk/news/teesside-news/get-out-here-you-big-15890173)

Its why most rich lawery/barristery types tend to deal with companies and rich individuals, not Wayne from the sink estate.

As far as work and effort, most criminal trails tend to go along the lines 'Mid lud, my client has [recently joined the army/has a young child/been promised a job].

I blame Ally McBeal.

It is a complex field, so the comparison is pointless.

Eg, the barrister is more likely to be after experience (ie the work is an investment* as well as labour);  The barrister is more likely to get some satisfaction from their work (even if not with every case).  Also, there are some fixed costs, so it usually makes sense to try to maximise 'time in office' to spread the fixed costs out.

[* working in McD actually has a negative investment for most people -- you might get the wages now, but that time is not available for gaining experience, training, qualifications.  This can be a significant factor for the young.]

14 minutes ago, stokiescum said:

I would give it a go for free defending them.    Malud the defendants claim your a rampant child molester and double dare you to jail them in double figures

Dramatic scenes erupted in the courtroom as Stephen Dismore, Lewis Riley, and Andrew Woodier were jailed for 11-and-a-half years each.

A man stormed from the public gallery protesting "all of you are donkey kongs", one woman left the court shouting "you've ruined three families' lives" while another was heard chanting "retrial".

Woodier, 38, said "thank you judge" and was heard to shout "woo!" after he was led from the dock.

13 minutes ago, dgul said:

It is a complex field, so the comparison is pointless.

Eg, the barrister is more likely to be after experience (ie the work is an investment* as well as labour);  The barrister is more likely to get some satisfaction from their work (even if not with every case).  Also, there are some fixed costs, so it usually makes sense to try to maximise 'time in office' to spread the fixed costs out.

[* working in McD actually has a negative investment for most people -- you might get the wages now, but that time is not available for gaining experience, training, qualifications.  This can be a significant factor for the young.]

You don't understand. Middle class professionals are supposed to be paid far more than working class people. That's why the floodgates were opened to low skilled mass migration from the third world. 

If working class people start earning too much then the entire social order will be turned upside down. Who knows where that will lead!

He is making a massive assumption that people in low paid jobs get full pay for every hour they work.

For every one of his contrived "working all" night examples I'm sure you could find a few thousand low skill works pulling the same sort of hours on zero pay. I know when I worked in retail management that was very much the case, I'd be working on what was already below current minimum wage and working 60+ hours a week, no paid over time.

Edited by gilf

31 minutes ago, spygirl said:

If you want to earn money then youve got to sell something - product or service - to a customer with money to buy it.

School collecting for charity in town today by selling cupcakes.

Yuk. Nobody knows the hygiene rating for the teachers and parents that made them, or their kitchens.

What was the charity ?

The school itself.

Cuts mean teachers are buying pens and pencils.

When I was stopped I didn't give them any money. Mrs Bucket looked quite put out.

I said to her, you know the problem don't you ? " She replied Tory government cuts. "

No, the problem is teachers are being paid too much for what they do, and school administrators are paid far too much. That's why you are standing outside the bus station begging.

Schools are making teachers redundant. Replacing them with teaching assistants and temporary staff booked through an agency being paid £90 per day, without the pension and ten weeks paid holiday.

Teachers have made themselves too expensive.

More importantly...

What does the secret barista have to say about this?

...channeling the barista's familiar spirit right now...

Of course, I am absolutely livid that the So-Called BBC have missed the point completely. I unequivocally state that we need to inflate the legal aid budget to soar to such unparalleled dizzying heights so that every brain-dead chav[1] with a grudge who wants to launch a frivolous lawsuit (providing, of course that it is not one aimed at undermining the esteemed legal profession - of which I am a highly respected, but woefully underpaid member) can do so while ensuring that learned counsel are appropriately recompensed so that they can hold their heads up high and live with dignity - did I ever tell you that we need to pay lawyers more?

Unless, of course it's that dreadful Tommy Robinson, whose real name is Stephen Yaxley-Lennon.

Edited by unregistered_guest