• Welcome to DOSBODS

     

    DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

    Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

     

spygirl

David Lammy - Stupid cunt

Recommended Posts

Ah, okay.  I didn't realise.

What he's saying is that it is quite acceptable to make assumptions of the capability of an individual to undertake a task based on their skin colour.  And, possibly, based on their ethnicity as well.

That's cleared up quite a few problems.  I presume he'll be proposing amendments to the racial equality laws at some point.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, spunko said:

I think he's right, sadly. As long as Europeans see Africa as a basket case and keep on giving it handouts they'll never pull themselves out of it. Likewise we should not allow people to run away from their countries of origin they should be encouraged to stay and build a better country for themselves and their fellow citizens. We're all being patronising by allowing such unfettered immigration into our country.

Boot them out or offer them to the chance to freely go back, and let them sort their own mess out.

Bloody hell, I thought I was going to be bucking the trend on this one...

When I read what he said I found myself agreeing with him. The way in which the West is trying to help Africa develop is outdated and has now been shown to be almost certainly counter productive. Not only that but I know he would find plenty of agreement here about the tired old trope of the white celebrity saviour (Geldof, Bono etc.) feigning compassion.

Where he is wrong is to direct his outburst at Stacy Dooley, when there are many other, much worthier recipients of his ire.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Roger_Mellie said:

Bloody hell, I thought I was going to be bucking the trend on this one...

When I read what he said I found myself agreeing with him. The way in which the West is trying to help Africa develop is outdated and has now been shown to be almost certainly counter productive. Not only that but I know he would find plenty of agreement here about the tired old trope of the white celebrity saviour (Geldof, Bono etc.) feigning compassion.

Where he is wrong is to direct his outburst at Stacy Dooley, when there are many other, much worthier recipients of his ire.

But he and others bang on about white saviours, not western saviours.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Roger_Mellie said:

Bloody hell, I thought I was going to be bucking the trend on this one...

When I read what he said I found myself agreeing with him. The way in which the West is trying to help Africa develop is outdated and has now been shown to be almost certainly counter productive. Not only that but I know he would find plenty of agreement here about the tired old trope of the white celebrity saviour (Geldof, Bono etc.) feigning compassion.

Where he is wrong is to direct his outburst at Stacy Dooley, when there are many other, much worthier recipients of his ire.

Yes I agree too.

 

Lamy is a thick cunt but in this  case he has a point.  We need to stop throwing money at Africa and trying to shape what it does or doesn't do.  We should trade (on fairer terms) with them and that's it.   If we don't allow them to develop naturally then all we are doing is distorting their development and in most cases holding it back.  Nobody came to England back in the 18th Century and showed us how to industrialise, we just got on and did it, making all sorts of mistakes along the way. Our development evolved and the fittest companies/methods/people survived and prospered.  Inefficient methods of production were out-competed and failed.  Society developed in step with the industrialisation and we've come out into the 20th/21st Century with a modern economy.  Africa is just going to have to evolve and shape it's economy itself.

If you do stuff for people all the time they just become reliant on you and won't bother doing it for themselves.

Edited by the gardener

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, spunko said:

d7fd0509a6e429ae2c85cdfc1e5d4f8ed9ee089bd12715215c460e47ddec906d.png

 

....Actually I think he's right, sadly. As long as Europeans see Africa as a basket case and keep on giving it handouts they'll never pull themselves out of it. Likewise we should not allow people to run away from their countries of origin they should be encouraged to stay and build a better country for themselves and their fellow citizens. We're all being patronising by allowing such unfettered immigration into our country.

Boot them out or offer them the chance/money to freely go back, and let them sort their own mess out.

We could send Lammy and Abbot over there to run Africa ....

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, spunko said:

d7fd0509a6e429ae2c85cdfc1e5d4f8ed9ee089bd12715215c460e47ddec906d.png

 

....Actually I think he's right, sadly. As long as Europeans see Africa as a basket case and keep on giving it handouts they'll never pull themselves out of it. Likewise we should not allow people to run away from their countries of origin they should be encouraged to stay and build a better country for themselves and their fellow citizens. We're all being patronising by allowing such unfettered immigration into our country.

Boot them out or offer them the chance/money to freely go back, and let them sort their own mess out.

hear hear

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, the gardener said:

Yes I agree too.

 

Lamy is a thick cunt but in this  case he has a point.  We need to stop throwing money at Africa and trying to shape what it does or doesn't do.  We should trade (on fairer terms) with them and that's it.   If we don't allow them to develop naturally then all we are doing is distorting their development and in most cases holding it back.  Nobody came to England back in the 18th Century and showed us how to industrialise, we just got on and did it, making all sorts of mistakes along the way. Our development evolved and the fittest companies/methods/people survived and prospered.  Inefficient methods of production were out-competed and failed.  Society developed in step with the industrialisation and we've come out into the 20th/21st Century with a modern economy.  Africa is just going to have to evolve and shape it's economy itself.

If you do stuff for people all the time they just become reliant on you and won't bother doing it for themselves.

 

I'm not sure that Lammy realises the good point we think he is making, tbh

Would David Lammy have been as worried about this image of an Ethiopean child (1988 Comic Relief)

history_rnd_FIRST_RND_1988_v3.jpg?itok=wODsc96j

 

Or does Lammy need to forget colonial times, move on, become colour blind, and embrace multiculturalism ?

Edited by Hopeful

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Comic Relief was only ever about rich celebs virtue signalling. Unfortunately, the road to hell is paved with good intentions. The fact that Africa's population has been allowed to balloon from 200m in the 1950's to over 1.1 billion today is just plain retarded. It's was either planned for western population replacement or complete incompetence mixed in with 'white guilt'. When I look back on that Michael Burke news piece (that turned Ethiopia into Geldof's bank account)  I find myself thinking "Tough shit. Your population grew beyond what the land was capable of feeding." It's harsh but that's the reality of it.

I really would just leave Africa to it's own devices. We have enough of our own problems to sort out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I always think there is something slightly irksome about a person like Lammy who uses the cock-ups of their own country as a stick to batter people with in the nation that has: A) Been generous enough to accept them and, B ) Enabled them to become successful.

And we're the wankers?

While I agree that we should be keeping our noses out of Africa, is Lammy honestly trying to tell me that if white people had never existed and that Africa had done it's thing without external influence, then it would be some kind of black utopia? A place of harmony and industry?

Sorry Dave, Shangri-la never existed. Neither does, or would, his Wakanda.

 

Edited by Sgt Hartman

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, TheNoSnowMan said:

Really? She's got a face that looks like it was developed in a wind tunnel...

She's fine.  Not a million miles from Alice Roberts although she (Alice) can take a hike after going all SJW.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.