• Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
Great Guy

Tough Mudder?

This sounds one of those fads that people living in cities turn to every now and then. Then someone will get badly injured and before you know it people will be yawning when you mention that you are going to do it.

If you want to check soaked and covered in mud just move to the countryside and go for long walks. Just take a selfie if you need a photo to stick up on FB.

https://toughmudder.co.uk/

Just now, Bedrag Justesen said:

Tell them to fuck off.

Don't be so hasty, the men who I see participating in Tough Mudder elevate themselves to alpha status and while not scientific they are tending to do better with the opposite sex and work.

Tough Mudder. Two words I can't wait to never hear again.

"Hey mate, fancy paying £150 to be verbally abused  and screamed at for a few hours by some dubiously non-specific "ex army" personnel while you crawl through mud and almost have a heart attack?"

"Only £150 you say? Where do I sign up?".

41 minutes ago, spunko said:

Tough Mudder. Two words I can't wait to never hear again.

"Hey mate, fancy paying £150 to be verbally abused  and screamed at for a few hours by some dubiously non-specific "ex army" personnel while you crawl through mud and almost have a heart attack?"

"Only £150 you say? Where do I sign up?".

Fuck me! It sounds grim. I got paid to go to shitholes. It didn't cost me.

Edited by MrPin

Tip, forget the 'race' aspect of the event and cruise round with the wimmins in their wet t-shirts and clingy lycra covered in body enhansing mud so you can lend them a hand by joining their 'team'.

If a nicer team comes along you can also jump ship as a freelance cruiser.

1 hour ago, Great Guy said:

Some people at work plan to do it and I've been asked to take part.

I cant make my mind up, half of me says it could be OK, the other half of me thinks it's quite a shit idea.

Any thoughts?

Is this an "Away Day"

If so, working will be much more enjoyable, especially as all the 'right-on' idiots in the workplace will be elsewhere Tough Mudding

Find any excuse not to spend time with people you don't want to spend time with.

The only Away Day I'd take part in would be something like a contact sport, a bit like 1st XI vs Teachers at rugby. Teams would be The sane vs SJWs and even though the sane would be outnumbered, the SJWs would be no match

You have a few options : see @Chewing Grass above (photos or it didn't happen)

Leeds / Reading / Glasto festivals (tip : rain is warmer at Reading/Galsto), photos...

Go to the pub, wait to hear all about it if*/when they get back (* a lass I worked with was off work for 3 months - we found out after a while she had broken her collarbone playing rounder with girl guides. I don't think it was an euphemism...)

Never fancied it myself. Running is an individual thing imo.

Most folk do these type of events to get the t shirt and the bandana.

Up to them. But it's the Facebook of sporting / test yourself type events imo. 

Better than sitting on their arses though so hey ho. 

i saw a guy lifting weights in the gym wearing an orange tough mudder headband,

he got a mat and took all the dumbells outside the weights area so all the cardio bunny chicks could see him.

Proper Alpha he was

:wanker:

3 hours ago, Great Guy said:

Some people at work plan to do it and I've been asked to take part.

I cant make my mind up, half of me says it could be OK, the other half of me thinks it's quite a shit idea.

Any thoughts?

The what now?

2 hours ago, The Masked Tulip said:

This sounds one of those fads that people living in cities turn to every now and then. Then someone will get badly injured and before you know it people will be yawning when you mention that you are going to do it.

If you want to check soaked and covered in mud just move to the countryside and go for long walks. Just take a selfie if you need a photo to stick up on FB.

https://toughmudder.co.uk/

OK, so I clicked on it.

At the same time as being utterly shit, it's also probably prime hunting ground for brainless office totty. (for either gender). But only if you're prepared to game it a bit and act a bit of a cunt, and there will be many competitors on the prowl.

So I guess it depends on how you want to look at it.

58 minutes ago, WorkingPoor said:

i saw a guy lifting weights in the gym wearing an orange tough mudder headband,

he got a mat and took all the dumbells outside the weights area so all the cardio bunny chicks could see him.

Proper bellend he was

:wanker:

Efa.

27 minutes ago, swiss_democracy_for_all said:

OK, so I clicked on it.

At the same time as being utterly shit, it's also probably prime hunting ground for brainless office totty. (for either gender). But only if you're prepared to game it a bit and act a bit of a cunt, and there will be many competitors on the prowl.

So I guess it depends on how you want to look at it.

It's certainly not what I would have wanted to do with the people in my old office. My boss was a useless fat bastard so he would have been found facedown in a shitpile about 20 metres from the start after a massive coronary. 

I prefer paintball, at least it gave me the opportunity to shoot my line manager in the face.

1 minute ago, Sgt Hartman said:

It's certainly not what I would have wanted to do with the people in my old office. My boss was a useless fat bastard so he would have been found facedown in a shitpile about 20 metres from the start after a massive coronary. 

I prefer paintball, at least it gave me the opportunity to shoot my line manager in the face.

I was thinking of brainless totty from other offices rather than the OP's own office, as entanglements at work usually end badly.

Would your boss have had a bootprint resembling yours on the back of his head?