• Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Soft lad

Peter Kreeft - clever guy

Posted (edited)

I listened to "The Great Divorce" by CS Lewis on YouTube the other day.. a lovely and thought provoking short novel.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rzpyRL3gto8

I've also just added Ken Wilbur to my reading list too after watching Rebel Wisdom's great interview the other day. His theory of Integral Thinking makes a lot of sense.

https://youtu.be/bDjCnFvz11A

The idea is that individuals, and humanity as a whole, grow mentally, "spiritually" and emotionally by integrating previous thought patterns with new, more advanced paradigms that contain the previous levels, rather than simply replace them.  When we fail to integrate the previous knowledge, and instead think our current level is all there is, we get stuck. So for example the Enlightenment, leading to Modernity, became stultified without integrating earlier religious knowledge, and Post-Modernity, as exemplified by the SJW phenomenon, cannot help us grow without integrating the the science of Modernity, and the religious / mythical aspects of previous levels of development.

With regard to Christianity, this way of thinking creates a place for it in our current thinking, and offers a new perspective with which to consider the ideas and wisdom contained in the bible. 

Edited by MvR

11 minutes ago, Soft lad said:

this is a hardcore one

Great, thanks!.. that's tonight's bedtime listening sorted! :)

Posted (edited)
On 01/03/2019 at 02:01, MvR said:

I listened to "The Great Divorce" by CS Lewis on YouTube the other day.. a lovely and thought provoking short novel.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rzpyRL3gto8

I've also just added Ken Wilbur to my reading list too after watching Rebel Wisdom's great interview the other day. His theory of Integral Thinking makes a lot of sense.

https://youtu.be/bDjCnFvz11A

The idea is that individuals, and humanity as a whole, grow mentally, "spiritually" and emotionally by integrating previous thought patterns with new, more advanced paradigms that contain the previous levels, rather than simply replace them.  When we fail to integrate the previous knowledge, and instead think our current level is all there is, we get stuck. So for example the Enlightenment, leading to Modernity, became stultified without integrating earlier religious knowledge, and Post-Modernity, as exemplified by the SJW phenomenon, cannot help us grow without integrating the the science of Modernity, and the religious / mythical aspects of previous levels of development.

With regard to Christianity, this way of thinking creates a place for it in our current thinking, and offers a new perspective with which to consider the ideas and wisdom contained in the bible. 

That’s wishful thinking I don’t beleive many people are inheratly evil and most of us are constrained not by the law but society’s values on the whole    A good example would be the Africans I work with they simply think homosexuality is fucked up and most can’t grasp why society has let there minority group weild such power

Edited by stokiescum