• Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
spunko

March To Leave Brexit thread

Let's have a separate thread for this. Are any Dosbodders planning to go? 

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6756955/Nigel-Farage-lead-march-London-protest-against-betrayal-Brexit.html

I'll probably be going to the final day in London or possibly the one before in Buckinghamshire. Bit of a trek but I'm sure it'll be fairly big now that the MSM are mentioning it. 

We were never going to be allowed to leave so I see it has a waste of petrol even if 500,000 turn up the So-Called BBC will claim it’s a damp squid and only 50,000 gammons showed up

Should tie in nicely with the walking boot recommendations thread..      :Passusabeer:

I would be quite tempted to do a leg or two,  shame it doesn't run a bit closer to where I'm based.   Beats tough mudding any day of the week  :D

Posted (edited)
17 minutes ago, stokiescum said:

We were never going to be allowed to leave so I see it has a waste of petrol even if 500,000 turn up the So-Called BBC will claim it’s a damp squid and only 50,000 gammons showed up

I'm afraid that I agree on one point. A peaceful march is pointless to the outcome if TPTB's determined outcome is to Remain.

Peaceful protest on the streets by the general public is now pointless in this country. A fact proven several times.

A march will be allowed by the TBTB to simply, 'Let people feel they have protested'

I won't bother protesting peacefully again. Now, I'm living in the UK as if I'm living on an allotment in remotest Arkansas. I'm in my own little world and the rest of the UK is 'happening' and I care not a jot about it; it's other people's misery.

I still think we are heading for No Deal and, if that happens, I might come off my allotment.

Edited by Hopeful

4 minutes ago, Hopeful said:

I'm afraid that I agree on one point. A peaceful march is pointless to the outcome if TPTB's determined outcome is to Remain.

I disagree..

This is Farage's way of getting back into the political ring..   making this as much of a success as possible (as opposed to an embarrassing non-event) will determine how seriously he is taken both as a voice and a threat by the media and his political peers.

Since Farage effectively delivered us the Brexit vote in the first place,  I wouldn't want to underestimate his influence given a high enough level of public support.

5 minutes ago, stokiescum said:

I've been thinking about the observation made that nu-labour seemed to sweep the legacy of the Jarrow Marchers under the carpet, like an embarrassing family faux pas from the distant past - best forgotten.

I'm wondering whether it was just part and parcel of saying to the great unwashed masses, "We don't care how many of you think an illegal war in the Gulf is a bad idea. It's what Tony's and W's bosses want, so we have to do it!" Heaven forbid that parliament do anything to remind people that there was a time when politicians with more integrity took notice of those who took the trouble to demonstrate the breadth of opposition to an unjust policy...

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, Libspero said:

I disagree..

This is Farage's way of getting back into the political ring..   making this as much of a success as possible (as opposed to an embarrassing non-event) will determine how seriously he is taken both as a voice and a threat by the media and his political peers.

Since Farage effectively delivered us the Brexit vote in the first place,  I wouldn't want to underestimate his influence given a high enough level of public support.

I’ve not seen any news for a few days is this March in London or at several places and when is it more to the point bloody phone won’t enlarge the map is it following the old great north road

Edited by stokiescum

28 minutes ago, stokiescum said:

Remember the poll tax riots. That changed policy. Even if the march turns into a riot thats a good thing in my book. Then the scumbags in westminster might think twice.

1 minute ago, Green Devil said:

Remember the poll tax riots. That changed policy. Even if the march turns into a riot thats a good thing in my book. Then the scumbags in westminster might think twice.

I was there we then went to Glasgow but they didn’t riot

Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, Libspero said:

I disagree..

If there was an election between now and march 29th I'd agree that the march could influence the electorate and so serve a purpose

But as there is nothing between now and the Leave date, I feel that a peaceful march is as meaningful as any of the Countryside marches (250k and 400k) or the Iraq war March (750k) (all police estimates) and so, basically, pointless.

3 minutes ago, Green Devil said:

Edited by Hopeful

4 minutes ago, stokiescum said:

I’ve not seen any news for a few days is this March in London or at several places and when is it more to the point bloody phone won’t enlarge the map is it following the old great north road

From the link:

• Leave Means Leave campaign organising the protest which begins on March 16
  • Mr Farage will lead march from Sunderland which is due in London on March 29
  • The march will visit towns including Hartlepool, Pontefract and Doncaster

$

Tempted by one of the first two legs. The first will be fairly scenic. Later legs prone to proFascist disruption and  violence. 

Who knows it might indeed turn out to be pointless for ensuring the 29 March date but not necessarily for the medium to long term and I'm sure that the fight for Real Leave will continue for the foreseeable future if the referendum vote to Leave is effectively reneged on.  Effectively reneged on meaning that Britain gets either May's deal (Faux Leave - Worse Than Remain - WTR) or Article 50 extension.  

If enough numbers turn out it'll be a historical rallying event to symbolise and encourage the fight for British independence - very like the symbolic encouragement from remembering the Jarrow March for many people for many decades afterwards.

Posted (edited)
36 minutes ago, spunko said:

I wish the march extended to Dover. Ending with citizens patrolling the beaches for gimmegrant dinghies.

It's already happening, sort of. https://www.kentonline.co.uk/folkestone/news/i-feel-like-this-is-dangerously-close-to-vigilantism-199583/

Sounds as if what they are doing along the coast is reasonable if the authorities aren't doing their job.

vigilante

a member of a self-appointed group of citizens who undertake law enforcement in their community without legal authority, typically because the legal agencies are thought to be inadequate

Edited by twocents

11 minutes ago, twocents said:

Who knows it might indeed turn out to be pointless for ensuring the 29 March date but not necessarily for the medium to long term and I'm sure that the fight for Real Leave will continue for the foreseeable future if the referendum vote to Leave is effectively reneged on.  Effectively reneged on meaning that Britain gets either May's deal (Faux Leave - Worse Than Remain - WTR) or Article 50 extension.  

If enough numbers turn out it'll be a historical rallying event to symbolise and encourage the fight for British independence - very like the symbolic encouragement from remembering the Jarrow March for many people for many decades afterwards.

I'll be on the penultimate stage and maybe the last one too.

5 hours ago, Libspero said:

From the link:

• Leave Means Leave campaign organising the protest which begins on March 16
  • Mr Farage will lead march from Sunderland which is due in London on March 29
  • The march will visit towns including Hartlepool, Pontefract and Doncaster

$

Look! Corby, and Wellingborough are included! I don't like the name Towcester. I prefer the old name, Lactodorum.

If the 29 March date is reneged on I will look forward to future elections and video footage of the Leave March being used by parties in favour of independence in political broadcasts to highlight and demonstrate the treachery of the mainstream parties that is the LibLabCon.

I'd like to stay in the EU.   I like the idea of living in Greece or Spain and not worry about healthcare.

I'd prefer to be governed by Europe than these absolute bastards over here. I don't see a beautiful horizon....just a crappy existence of diminishing wages and environmental destruction.

I don't trust the elite, and by leaving Europe they will continue to degrade the country. They're absolute cnuts....imho.

I might be wrong...but I don't trust them.

2 minutes ago, Wahoo said:

I'd like to stay in the EU.   I like the idea of living in Greece or Spain and not worry about healthcare.

I'd prefer to be governed by Europe than these absolute bastards over here. I don't see a beautiful horizon....just a crappy existence of diminishing wages and environmental destruction.

I don't trust the elite, and by leaving Europe they will continue to degrade the country. They're absolute cnuts....imho.

The EU is a morally good idea, badly implemented, politically manipulated, democratically challenged and above all corrupt.

Trouble is people unquestioningly look at it through rose tinted glasses without thinking deeper.

That is the EU's success, it plays on peoples emotional weaknesses.

1 minute ago, Chewing Grass said:

The EU is a morally good idea, badly implemented, politically manipulated, democratically challenged and above all corrupt.

Trouble is people unquestioningly look at it through rose tinted glasses without thinking deeper.

Good points....emotional weakness is probably correct....but healthcare is impossible when you retire

1 minute ago, Chewing Grass said:

Chewy, what grass are you imbibing?  o.O

6 minutes ago, Wahoo said:

That’s the thing remainders will be happy to see democracy overturned what next the eec bans all referendums over leavening in any country aready in