• Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
spygirl

Shezza + WW1 4Ever!!!!

6 minutes ago, Anglepoise said:

It's written into the wet concrete.

Yes, that's what I thougnt. Still, it will get covered in moss. Young people like to write their names everywhere. That is all.

3 minutes ago, spunko said:

I was thinking the other day, you don't see as many chavs now as you did 10 years ago. They used to be everywhere. Is it the same in other parts of the country?

Well, I reckon that's true. Maybe the style has changed, and the word "chav" is indeed derogatory.

7 minutes ago, MrPin said:

Yes, that's what I thougnt. Still, it will get covered in moss. Young people like to write their names everywhere. That is all.

I have written my name into the haunching for my garden path. It will hopefully be uncovered in 100 years when I'm long gone. :Old:

1 minute ago, spunko said:

I have written my name into the haunching for my garden path. It will hopefully be uncovered in 100 years when I'm long gone. :Old:

Masons used to leave their name or a small carving in obscure parts of churches.

Just now, MrPin said:

Masons used to leave their name or a small carving in obscure parts of churches.

I was told by the estate agent that I'd find all sorts of historical artifacts when I bought my house. Almost 3 years later and all I've found is a shady newspaper cutting from 1969 advertising local "pretty girls" looking for intimate fun, hidden behind the fire. Bastards led me on!

11 minutes ago, spunko said:

I was told by the estate agent that I'd find all sorts of historical artifacts when I bought my house. Almost 3 years later and all I've found is a shady newspaper cutting from 1969 advertising local "pretty girls" looking for intimate fun, hidden behind the fire. Bastards led me on!

The "pretty girls" services are probably more convenient to solicit now that they are all in the same care home too :D

18 minutes ago, spunko said:

When we ripped out some built in cupboards we found this O.o
20181104_150713.thumb.jpg.4abe809df6618fa546ffc2a28ff4ac71.jpg

27 minutes ago, swiss_democracy_for_all said:

Subducing would not seem to be the typical male response (assuming it was a male, of course) when confronted by a naked 18yo girl - I'm going to guess that wasn't what the person meant. 

A euphemism for coitus interruptus, perhaps?

1 hour ago, spunko said:

I was thinking the other day, you don't see as many chavs now as you did 10 years ago. They used to be everywhere. Is it the same in other parts of the country?

I've been wondering that myself. I suspect it's a demographic change - fewer of them are being born and the ones that are still around are being 'diluted' by immigrants so they are not able to form such large gangs etc as before. The numbers will drop even more now that child benefit has been capped at two children. 

1 hour ago, Austin Allegro said:

I've been wondering that myself.

The crafty buggers don't wear tracksuits anymore, so they're harder to make out in a crowd.

2 hours ago, spunko said:

I removed a large fitted wardrobe from the main bedroom in our house and found two grumble mags from 1974. Due to the way the wardrobe was constructed and fixed to the wall you’d have to remove the entire thing to get access to them. 

1 minute ago, assetrichcashpoor said:

I removed a large fitted wardrobe from the main bedroom in our house and found two grumble mags from 1974. Due to the way the wardrobe was constructed and fixed to the wall you’d have to remove the entire thing to get access to them. 

Still, got to be careful that mum doesn't find them.

Etching your name in new concrete under a park bench is just mindless vandalism IMO.

If you have narcissistic tendencies and want to see your name somewhere the option is there to fund a bench in a nice place for people to sit with a plaque on it showing your name. I certainly appreciate various benches around my town from that availablility.

Mindless vandalism of various types has always occurred in my rural town. Graffiti on public buildings, scratching personal cars etc.

Recent annoyance from locals is about a massive and long standing “field of hope” plantation at the river bank (cancer research IIRC).

It doesn’t really matter though why or who planted the very large, beautiful and currently blossoming display but the mindless vandalism complaints are about people picking the flowers then throwing them around discarding them.

I could be sympathetic to people who just wanted a small bunch of daffodils in a vase and picked a few for that purpose and because a bit of picking the flowers helps the bulbs to multiply, IMO. Seeing the daffodils picked, thrown away and trampled on is just mindless vandalism.