• Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
Chewing Grass

Tesla - when will it go up in smoke

Is this what's known as a cross-threader:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6744013/Tesla-burst-flames-fatal-Florida-crash-catches-fire-THREE-TIMES-tow-yard.html

Omar Awan killed in Tesla car crash/conflagration. He's also known as the IT chap employed by the Democrats who is supposed to have hacked the DNC computers and given/sold information to the Pakistan government.

7 minutes ago, DocH said:

Is this what's known as a cross-threader:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6744013/Tesla-burst-flames-fatal-Florida-crash-catches-fire-THREE-TIMES-tow-yard.html

Omar Awan killed in Tesla car crash/conflagration. He's also known as the IT chap employed by the Democrats who is supposed to have hacked the DNC computers and given/sold information to the Pakistan government.

The people commenting on the DM article are a bunch of morons - hysterically shouting about how "dangerous" a battery pack is, and how Tesla should do more to keep it safe. I'm not sure how Tesla is supposed to stop a battery pack from breaching when it's slammed at 90mph into a tree, but hey, what the hell do I know...

2 minutes ago, DeepLurker said:

The people commenting on the DM article are a bunch of morons - hysterically shouting about how "dangerous" a battery pack is, and how Tesla should do more to keep it safe. I'm not sure how Tesla is supposed to stop a battery pack from breaching when it's slammed at 90mph into a tree, but hey, what the hell do I know...

I was just pointing out the Tesla Fire aspect and the Q/Democrat hacking aspect.

26 minutes ago, DeepLurker said:

Straight 5's on NTSB safety tests largely thanks to much extended crumple zones, standard topple test didn't even work the COG so low, fire risk on very heavy impacts aside overall probably still one of the safest cars on the road.

On the other front if I were TR and won the lottery don't think I'd be dashing down  to the nearest Tesla dealership, going online to buy one. Assume everything computerised is compromised in some way and the trail of bodies behind the Clintons is simply staggering.

Shifting sales online, axing showrooms and lowering the price to $35,000/£26,000 will create another problem, you may order one, but you will have to wait a long, long time for it to be delivered.

Great for Tesla while the novelty lasts but if you want to go electric sales will go to others.

Then there is the problem of battery supply and demand.

3 hours ago, Chewing Grass said:

Shifting sales online, axing showrooms and lowering the price to $35,000/£26,000 will create another problem, you may order one, but you will have to wait a long, long time for it to be delivered.

Great for Tesla while the novelty lasts but if you want to go electric sales will go to others.

whos got a letterbox big enough as well, cant see the post office being to keen to take it back to the depot so you can go and get it at the weekend.

5 hours ago, Chewing Grass said:

Unfortunately we'll unlikely see dollar parity on pricing. There are some issues in tells supply chain, not least their activity in the the s/h market / approved sales channel, they have some real shortcomings there. Overall though if they can knock them out at $35K sales should be good enough to meet targets, over demand is nothing to worry about, you might a few sales but that is certainly the healthy side of the equation to be on. Battery supplynand demand, I think they've thought about this for longer time that every other manufacturer, so benefit of doubt till they fail to deliver. Maxwell purchase might pull them further ahead of the pack in terms of battery tech.