• Welcome to DOSBODS

    Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

spygirl

Macron - how long before wheels fall off

Recommended Posts

Ive just seen terry do a Monty Burnseque mexican wave with Macron.

Ive heard all the Macron is great, everythings going his way, France to be reformed etc etc.

Ive been hearing this sort of stuff fir 20 years, since i started following french politics when i was going out with a french girl who assured me that now juppe amstrad was in power, frances economy would be unleased.

How long? End of summer, xmas?

Can he poll lower the hollande?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He's more intelligent (IMO) and competent than Hollande so should last longer. It'll be interesting to see what happens when he starts doing things that a substantial number of French people don't like(this is inevitable). If there are no riots/demonstrations, or maybe even if there are, but he doesn't back down, it'll be a first in my lifetime.

The normal pattern is : Get into power, start on reform programme, riots start, conclude that the country is ungovernable and settle for platitudes and nest-feathering.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The French electorate are clearly clamouring for an ex-Rothschild Bilderberger to protect their parochial way of life they all value so much, so all will be well.

Edited by blobloblob

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I got the feeling the Frenchies I knew in the sticks fucking hated the Parisians. Coolest bloke was Swiss married to French lady, he was a diamond. But christ when they have a grudge they'll take it to the grave and become a village outcast and that is it, you might as well move out straight away.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, onlyme said:

I got the feeling the Frenchies I knew in the sticks fucking hated the Parisians. Coolest bloke was Swiss married to French lady, he was a diamond. But christ when they have a grudge they'll take it to the grave and become a village outcast and that is it, you might as well move out straight away.

Generally true. A "foreign" family is more likely to be accepted into a small village than a family of Parisians. Not sure where muslims fit on the scale though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, SpectrumFX said:

I don't think that there are any wheels to fall off.

He's just going to sit there. Smiling. Practicing his handshake.

:wanker:

 

 

Yep, he's the French Obama - talk about change but actually do nothing of any substance , just more of the same.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In the French parliamentary elections Macron's party "En Marche" has won around 360 seats, an absolute majority but less than the predictions of 400-440 seats by pollsters. Many of the big names of the outgoing PS regime (apart from Macron) have gone.

More shocking, turnout of only 43%. It seems the French don't give a fuck about how they are governed now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/13/2017 at 23:23, blobloblob said:

The French electorate are clearly clamouring for an ex-Rothschild Bilderberger to protect their parochial way of life they all value so much, so all will be well.

The French will just adore the bail-ins.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, davidg said:

In the French parliamentary elections Macron's party "En Marche" has won around 360 seats, an absolute majority but less than the predictions of 400-440 seats by pollsters. Many of the big names of the outgoing PS regime (apart from Macron) have gone.

More shocking, turnout of only 43%. It seems the French don't give a fuck about how they are governed now.

Yesterday on bbc radio they were saying that the majority of them have no experience in government -  that'll be a plus for them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, blobloblob said:

That's a very depressingly low turnout.

Yes, must be almost unprecedented in European parliamentary elections. 42.5% of people voted, less than half voted Macron and yet he has an absolute majority in the parliament, this probably doesn't give him a huge mandate for radical change.

With all the scandals surrounding Macron's new team it was probably a case of a "plague on all your houses".

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So to answer the question, the wheels have already come off with the loss of 4 ministers. First big name is Francois Bayrou, of the Modem party who were in coalition with En-Marche. Bayrou was supposed to be preparing a law on "Public Morals" outlining what politicians could and could not do. He's followed by two other ministers of his party Marielle de Sarnez and Sylvia Goulard. The are embroiled in an affair of taking EU money and spending it on their own Modem party. The thing is, the smug stutterer Bayrou had been creating a shitstorm before the Presidential vote accusing Marine le Pen of this. The FN complained that the Modem were doing much the same.

Only it turns out that the Modem were doing it on an industrial scale with lots of assistants saying they were forced to work for the party rather than on EU affairs against their will and judgement.

Bayrou was seen as the kingmaker in the Presidential elections, before he backed Macron he was languishing in 4th place in the polls.

Now this is not the first time Bayrou has played this role, his backing of Hollande in 2012 is seen as swinging the vote in the favour of Captain Pedalo.

In both cases Bayrou has failed to reap the rewards. In 2012 the Socialists stood a candidate against him in his constituency and unseated him. In 2017 the Macronists have urged the president to do a Machiavellian purge of the Modem ministers as they no longer need the coalition partners to govern.

Also gone, promoted upstairs, is Richard Ferrand, who was pocketing public money on an almost industrial scale.

So 4 ministers gone in the first Month. It took the hated Sarkozy a full parliamentary term to lose the same number of ministers in scandals.

Meanwhile we still don't know much about Macron's programme, he is currently pushing a law through parliament to increase surveillance of honest, law abiding citizens. There is a Labour Law to follow to Uberize the economy sometime in the summer when everyone is on holiday.

Edited by davidg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, davidg said:

So to answer the question, the wheels have already come off with the loss of 4 ministers. First big name is Francois Bayrou, of the Modem party who were in coalition with En-Marche. Bayrou was supposed to be preparing a law on "Public Morals" outlining what politicians could and could not do. He's followed by two other ministers of his party Marielle de Sarnez and Sylvia Goulard. The are embroiled in an affair of taking EU money and spending it on their own Modem party. The thing is, the smug stutterer Bayrou had been creating a shitstorm before the Presidential vote accusing Marine le Pen of this. The FN complained that the Modem were doing much the same.

Not sure that I'd count it as a failure for Macron - it sounds more like a perfectly-executed "night of the long knives".

Get another party on side; offer their aging leader something that will get his name in the history books and flatter his vanity - "The Bayrou Law on cleaning up political finances".

All this time, withhold all the dirt that you already have on his party and their embezzling of EU funds.

After the election - well, if you still need these allies in order to govern, then the damning evidence stays hidden. On the other hand, if you get an absolute majority - then you bring out the damning evidence and ditch your former allies.

I can't say that I'm going to shed too many tears over Bayrou getting kicked - he's been mayor of Pau for years. I visit the place a few times a year, and it's noticeable that the town centre is dying - Bayrou was happy to sign the authorisations to build several massive shopping malls outside the town, and at the same time got rid of almost all the remaining free parking in the centre, with predictable results.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nice little bit here explaining that Macron doesn't talk to journalists because his thought processes are too complex.

Explaining why he would not be speaking to reporters, an Elysee source told Le Monde that while the French president does not “balk” at the thought of talking to journalists, his “complex thought process” didn't lend itself to interviews with journalists.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Chewing Grass said:

Nice little bit here explaining that Macron doesn't talk to journalists because his thought processes are too complex.

Explaining why he would not be speaking to reporters, an Elysee source told Le Monde that while the French president does not “balk” at the thought of talking to journalists, his “complex thought process” didn't lend itself to interviews with journalists.

 

Ah yes, comples processes.

Reminds me of some oxbridge types ive worked with.

On paper they are impressive - good a levels, this and that at Uni.

In reality they were a fucking knightmare. Everything was over complicated. Nothing was stable; everything changed all the time. Nothing was ever finished. They do stuff, then throw it away.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Chewing Grass said:

Nice little bit here explaining that Macron doesn't talk to journalists because his thought processes are too complex.

Explaining why he would not be speaking to reporters, an Elysee source told Le Monde that while the French president does not “balk” at the thought of talking to journalists, his “complex thought process” didn't lend itself to interviews with journalists.

 

Brilliant! I can't do a significant part of my job because my thought processes are too complex. Seems at the moment the froggies are so desperate for a saviour they'll swallow anything.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Macron has discovered an 8 billion black hole in the budget, that's in addition to all the other money they owe. The government has just announced it's freezing civil service pay - although it's been suggested they may have to follow the Fillon plan (half a million layoffs) which Macron roundly rejected before the election.

48 minutes ago, Chewing Grass said:

Explaining why he would not be speaking to reporters, an Elysee source told Le Monde that while the French president does not “balk” at the thought of talking to journalists, his “complex thought process” didn't lend itself to interviews with journalists.

 

His lisp doesn't help much either.

Whenever I've met people who can't explain things clearly and in simple terms it is generally because they are too stupid.

Edited by davidg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, davidg said:

Macron has discovered an 8 billion black hole in the budget, that's in addition to all the other money they owe. The government has just announced it's freezing civil service pay - although it's been suggested they may have to follow the Fillon plan (half a million layoffs) which Macron roundly rejected before the election.

His lisp doesn't help much either.

Yoursssee sssacksse.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, davidg said:

Macron has discovered an 8 billion black hole in the budget, that's in addition to all the other money they owe. The government has just announced it's freezing civil service pay - although it's been suggested they may have to follow the Fillon plan (half a million layoffs) which Macron roundly rejected before the election.

His lisp doesn't help much either.

Whenever I've met people who can't explain things clearly and in simple terms it is generally because they are too stupid.

Exactly my thoughts on reading it.  Thoughts are too complex my arse. In other words, he can't string a coherent sentence together. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 30/06/2017 at 21:40, Chewing Grass said:

Nice little bit here explaining that Macron doesn't talk to journalists because his thought processes are too complex.

He can't do basic maths in his head.

 

On 30/06/2017 at 22:38, spygirl said:

Yoursssee sssacksse.

You sound like Gollum

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Similar Content

    • By Dave Bloke
      One of the ideas being floated around at the moment to tackle the Gilets Jaunes crisis is an immediate hike in the NMW - say 20 to 30% but from TOS I remember the argument that it is a bit of a zero sum game and all this does is push up costs but with the added issue that NMW jobs would begin to pay something close to what I earn as a Senior SW developer, so why would I continue to take responsibility for what I do and not seek an easier NMW job.
      Any thoughts
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.