• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

spygirl

Macron - how long before wheels fall off

3 hours ago, The Masked Tulip said:

My twitter field this morning is lots of abuse from Macron supporters. Some French lady last night said that the yellow vests were only a small percentage of the French population. I suggested that those who stormed the Bastille were initially a small percentage but how did that turn out.

So this morning I get lots of abuse from Macron supporters.

I feel a sense of pride.

How do they explain his dire performance in the opinion polls  ?

43 minutes ago, Virgil Caine said:

How do they explain his dire performance in the opinion polls  ?

what they would say publically on twitter, and who they would vote for in private are entirely different questions.

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, The Masked Tulip said:

My twitter field this morning is lots of abuse from Macron supporters. Some French lady last night said that the yellow vests were only a small percentage of the French population. I suggested that those who stormed the Bastille were initially a small percentage but how did that turn out.

So this morning I get lots of abuse from Macron supporters.

I feel a sense of pride.

The opinion polls give the GJs a 70% approval rating. The mad French cat lady is wrong.

back to Jean-Baptiste Drouet (see above), he's the guy who arrested Louis XVI when he fled Paris. Drouet had to leave France at the restoration in 1830 as we was accused of Regicide - a capitial crime. The fact that a leading GJ is a namesake has not been lost on Macron who doesn't want "another fucking Drouet" to chop the head of a king.

Edited by Dave Bloke

13 minutes ago, Stunley Andwin said:

Acte VIII looks to be another violent day of protest. Absolute carnage on this footbridge in Paris.

And look at this absolute madman

The bottom one - that bloke is ex forces or similar.  He knows how to fight and has no fear of getting in close and personal.  The policeman - fully tooled up - in contrast, has no fucking idea, is not comfortable with close quarters fighting, and if this was to get more serious would be dead.

I love the french working class.

Posted (edited)
33 minutes ago, Stunley Andwin said:

Acte VIII looks to be another violent day of protest. Absolute carnage on this footbridge in Paris.

It looks like it won't end until Macron is gone and policies reverse - even then whoever takes over will have to be very careful .

Edited by twocents

Posted (edited)
44 minutes ago, Stunley Andwin said:

The heart of those police is not in the fight. Macron is lost. The police are just turning up and doing the minimum to stop a disciplinary.

Edited by Hopeful

Just now, Hopeful said:

The heart of the police is not in the fight. Macron is lost

I do not understand why the protestors do not target the police more with chants and with banners - pointing out that they and their families are also going to suffer more and more under Macron's mass immigration / no borders plans.

32 minutes ago, The Masked Tulip said:

I do not understand why the protestors do not target the police more with chants and with banners - pointing out that they and their families are also going to suffer more and more under Macron's mass immigration / no borders plans.

Probably because deep down they know that they need the Police because of the RoP situation

Of the couple of Paris feeds that I'm seeing there seem to be absolutely enormous numbers of plod all over the place, very few yellow vests, and a staggering amount of Christmas decorations that need to be taken down before the end of tomorrow.

Posted (edited)
45 minutes ago, Fully Detached said:

Of the couple of Paris feeds that I'm seeing there seem to be absolutely enormous numbers of plod all over the place, very few yellow vests, and a staggering amount of Christmas decorations that need to be taken down before the end of tomorrow.

I have noticed they tend not to worry about the Jan 6th deadline for Xmas decorations round here! (French countryside - small villages.)  Was shocked the 1st year but used to it now. They sometimes leave them hanging around for months after NY  - lots of Father Christmased, reindeer and (faux) gift-wrapped cuboid presents.

Fortunately, the many (permanent) statues of Mary and Jesus and the cross usually keep a dignified distance from these rather gaudy seasonal additions, as they are usually located at road intersections or on bends, to remind passers-by of the faith and/or to be on the spot to aid prayer in the event of any serious road accidents?!

Edited by whocares

14 minutes ago, whocares said:

I have noticed they tend not to worry about the Jan 6th deadline for Xmas decorations round here! (French countryside - small villages.)  Was shocked the 1st year but used to it now. They sometimes leave them hanging around for months after NY  - lots of Father Christmased, reindeer and lots of (faux) gift-wrapped cuboid presents seem.

Fortunately, the many (permanent) statues of Mary and Jesus and the cross usually keep a dignified distance from these rather gaudy seasonal additions, as they are usually located at road intersections or on bends, to remind passers-by of the faith and/or to be on the spot to aid prayer in the event of any serious road accidents?!

It's a shocking rejection of convention. No wonder people are rioting.

6 minutes ago, The Masked Tulip said:

It's bad for Paris, but they looked a bit like those wrestlers on TV who are pretending to hurt one another rather than really meaning to do any harm? You know, a bit like a theatrical battle scene?  (Hope it stays that way.)