• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

spygirl

Macron - how long before wheels fall off

12 hours ago, Hopeful said:

He's a decent guy, and not taking anything away from him, but the police aren't in any way fighting in that clip but are offering just tacit resistence. Look at the pepper spray, it falls either too short or is directed at the ground, it's just symbolic. Those police didn't want to fight those protestors. (They'll all have yellow jackets in their cars).

They are cops and it`s a legal requirement :D

Posted (edited)
16 hours ago, Ina said:

Yet again the yellow vest protests were massive in France yesterday.  See TMT’s pictures upthread showing Paris, Caen, Toulon and Bordeaux.  Totally unreported in the UK MSM and only fully reported on ZH and RT.  The Establishment must be petrified of copy cat civil unrest here.  We are not at tipping point yet and I don’t know what the trigger will be but I think it will come.

According to twitter there is a D Notice in force, not sure if I believe it nor not 

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DwO095tWsAAHgog.jpg:large

Edited by ad_ceng

1 hour ago, ad_ceng said:

According to twitter there is a D Notice in force, not sure if I believe it nor not 

If this link is true, then we really have reached revolutionary times. And The Establishments know it.

The French Revolution, which I re-read up on yesterday, started off a chain of worldwide events that shaped the world to this day. The next (or is it current) one will likely be the same.

8 hours ago, ad_ceng said:

I can certainly believe it based on the So-Called BBC website over the weekend. I don't watch any TV so no idea about that, but I specifically looked on the So-Called BBC site a few times, and all I could find was one little article about the yellow jacket's "leader", buried about 2/3 down the Europe section of the site. Absolutely nothing about the protests, and nothing at all about France on any of the main pages.

Aside from that, I'd actually be surprised if there wasn't a D notice in effect - a popular uprising just a few miles across the channel, as we go into January when the average Joe realises how shit his job is, how much debt we're in, and just how many more people there seem to be on his commute to his shitty job these days.

8 hours ago, ad_ceng said:

I would be surprised if that were the case. However what other explanation can there be for the almost total lack of coverage on the broadcast media. I don't purchase newspapers any more so can't say whether they are not reporting events in France. A search result on t'internet reveals an article in the Telegraph on 3rd Jan, other reports are dated Nov 18 from other publications.

Well colour me surprised.

34 minutes ago, Fully Detached said:

I can certainly believe it based on the So-Called BBC website over the weekend. I don't watch any TV so no idea about that, but I specifically looked on the So-Called BBC site a few times, and all I could find was one little article about the yellow jacket's "leader", buried about 2/3 down the Europe section of the site. Absolutely nothing about the protests, and nothing at all about France on any of the main pages.

Aside from that, I'd actually be surprised if there wasn't a D notice in effect - a popular uprising just a few miles across the channel, as we go into January when the average Joe realises how shit his job is, how much debt we're in, and just how many more people there seem to be on his commute to his shitty job these days.

I can believe it as well. For the last few weeks I've checked on the So-Called BBC for any news on it - nothing, buried or very limited details. I've tried BBC search which turns up bugger all.

It's the sort of stuff that should be on the homepage (it certainly would be if it was Trump or Syria). People being blinded, beaten and having their hands blown off and its all hushed up. Remind me who the facists are?

They know they are in trouble and will do everything they can to surpress it.

It's a war already - a media war.

36 minutes ago, Fully Detached said:

4 minutes ago, sleepwello'nights said:

I would be surprised if that were the case. However what other explanation can there be for the almost total lack of coverage on the broadcast media. I don't purchase newspapers any more so can't say whether they are not reporting events in France. A search result on t'internet reveals an article in the Telegraph on 3rd Jan, other reports are dated Nov 18 from other publications.

Well colour me surprised.

I thought it was being well covered but I tend to read Russia Today more than any other news media; now it's been highlughted I have noticed an absence of reporting in the British media which may well be co-ordinated.

This is the Saturday just gone:

In total, some 50,000 people demonstrated across France on Saturday, according to Interior Minister Christophe Castaner. It is a rise in numbers as compared to the previous Yellow Vests rallies on December 29.

French authorities deployed 3,600 officers, including riot police, to oversee the rallies nationwide. Police in Paris refrained from deploying the water cannon and armored vehicles that were seen at previous marches.

https://www.rt.com/news/448144-yellow-vests-demonstration-paris/

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-46771363

French Gilets Jaunes: Ministry broken into amid fresh protests

Protesters build a barricade in Paris on 5 January 20109Image copyrightEPA Image captionBarricades, bins and motorcycles were burned during the protests

A French government spokesman was evacuated from his office as violence broke out during "yellow vests" protests in Paris and other cities.

Benjamin Griveaux said he and his team had had to escape through a back door after a construction vehicle was used to ram the building's entrance.

There were clashes between police and protesters on what was the first protest of the new year.

President Emmanuel Macron condemned the violence, urging "debate and dialogue".

What began as a protest about a fuel tax back in November has escalated into widespread anger at rising living costs.

The march in Paris began peacefully but scuffles broke out in the afternoon, with protesters throwing projectiles at riot police who responded with tear gas.

Motorcycles and bins were set ablaze, and a river boat caught fire.

Mr Griveaux said around a dozen individuals - some wearing black, some in yellow vests - used a small construction vehicle they found in the street to break through the door into the government compound. They also broke some windows and damaged some cars.

Police vehicles parked outside the government spokesman's ministry on 5 January 2019Image copyrightAFP Image captionThe door to Mr Griveaux's offices was rammed

He and his team were led through a back entrance and took refuge in a hotel nearby.

President Macron tweeted his condemnation, saying France's "guardians, its representatives, its symbols" were being attacked.

image.gif.ed072b854daaad56bcf1fcfa499cce4b.gifImage copyrightAFP Image captionProtests were also held in La Rochelle (pictured), Bordeaux and Nantes among others

Interior Minister Christophe Castaner said some 50,000 people had protested across France on Saturday - higher than last week but smaller than the 280,000 who turned out in November.

The protest began as a grassroots French provincial movement with people donning high-visibility jackets, which by law must be carried by every vehicle in France.

The movement, which became known as the "gilets jaunes" (yellow vests), broadened to include issues involving families' struggle to make ends meet, with calls for higher wages, lower taxes, better pensions and easier university entry requirements.

Big protests in central Paris in November turned violent.

Mr Macron made a raft of economic concessions in December to appease the protesters. But he struck a defiant tone in his new year address to the nation, saying the government would push on with its reform programme, and would "make no allowances in guaranteeing public order."

Earlier this week, Eric Drouet, one of the leading public figures in the protests, was arrested for a second time on suspicion of organising an unofficial protest in Paris. His arrest prompted one political leader to call it an "abuse of power" by the government. He was released the following day.

Nothing on the So-Called BBC world home page today. A search for "France" on their site brings up a number of articles about Chefs, predominantly English, "France Protests" brings up the article you posted and a few others latest dated 5th Jan.

2 minutes ago, sarahbell said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-46771363

French Gilets Jaunes: Ministry broken into amid fresh protests

Protesters build a barricade in Paris on 5 January 20109Image copyrightEPA Image captionBarricades, bins and motorcycles were burned during the protests

A French government spokesman was evacuated from his office as violence broke out during "yellow vests" protests in Paris and other cities.

Benjamin Griveaux said he and his team had had to escape through a back door after a construction vehicle was used to ram the building's entrance.

There were clashes between police and protesters on what was the first protest of the new year.

President Emmanuel Macron condemned the violence, urging "debate and dialogue".

What began as a protest about a fuel tax back in November has escalated into widespread anger at rising living costs.

The march in Paris began peacefully but scuffles broke out in the afternoon, with protesters throwing projectiles at riot police who responded with tear gas.

Motorcycles and bins were set ablaze, and a river boat caught fire.

Mr Griveaux said around a dozen individuals - some wearing black, some in yellow vests - used a small construction vehicle they found in the street to break through the door into the government compound. They also broke some windows and damaged some cars.

Police vehicles parked outside the government spokesman's ministry on 5 January 2019Image copyrightAFP Image captionThe door to Mr Griveaux's offices was rammed

He and his team were led through a back entrance and took refuge in a hotel nearby.

President Macron tweeted his condemnation, saying France's "guardians, its representatives, its symbols" were being attacked.

image.gif.ed072b854daaad56bcf1fcfa499cce4b.gifImage copyrightAFP Image captionProtests were also held in La Rochelle (pictured), Bordeaux and Nantes among others

Interior Minister Christophe Castaner said some 50,000 people had protested across France on Saturday - higher than last week but smaller than the 280,000 who turned out in November.

The protest began as a grassroots French provincial movement with people donning high-visibility jackets, which by law must be carried by every vehicle in France.

The movement, which became known as the "gilets jaunes" (yellow vests), broadened to include issues involving families' struggle to make ends meet, with calls for higher wages, lower taxes, better pensions and easier university entry requirements.

Big protests in central Paris in November turned violent.

Mr Macron made a raft of economic concessions in December to appease the protesters. But he struck a defiant tone in his new year address to the nation, saying the government would push on with its reform programme, and would "make no allowances in guaranteeing public order."

Earlier this week, Eric Drouet, one of the leading public figures in the protests, was arrested for a second time on suspicion of organising an unofficial protest in Paris. His arrest prompted one political leader to call it an "abuse of power" by the government. He was released the following day.

I found that but:

it wasn't on the homepage

It wasn't on the news page

It wasn't on the Europe page

The only way I could find it was from the search function.

The reporting has, in my opinion a slight bias towards favoring Macron. His condemnation of the protestors is mentioned more than once and appears early on. The arrest of Drouet was at the bottom. No mention of the injuries sustained by protestors.

4 minutes ago, sarahbell said:

So no D Notice then, but I just checked again and it's buried right down in the So-Called BBC Europe web page, they're certainly making an effort not to draw too much attention to it.

I'd say that using a construction vehicle to break down the doors of a ministry and the resulting evacuation of the minister inside was a fairly significant escalation though. So much so that a river boat seemingly burst into flames in sympathy :D

17 minutes ago, sleepwello'nights said:

Nothing on the So-Called BBC world home page today. A search for "France" on their site brings up a number of articles about Chefs, predominantly English, "France Protests" brings up the article you posted and a few others latest dated 5th Jan.

Search for Gilets Jaunes seems to get results. I was previously searching using keywords like 'france' and 'protests' and not getting anything although it now seems it does give some results.

Perhaps no D notice and just regular BBC bias?

Or rather, there is a D notice but only restricting reporting on certain aspects, such as the injuries to protestors? I would expect a man getting his hand blown off to be pretty big news?

13 minutes ago, Fully Detached said:

So no D Notice then, but I just checked again and it's buried right down in the So-Called BBC Europe web page, they're certainly making an effort not to draw too much attention to it.

I'd say that using a construction vehicle to break down the doors of a ministry and the resulting evacuation of the minister inside was a fairly significant escalation though. So much so that a river boat seemingly burst into flames in sympathy :D

D-notices are often misunderstood. They are advisory and the advice is usually heeded.

If the Twitter link is correct it says "not allowed to report [gilets jeunes] incidents on the main page"

here is the wiki for D-notices.

30 minutes ago, Fully Detached said:

and the photos have no yellow jackets in. More zombie twat apocalypse than anything else.

14 minutes ago, Hopeful said:

D-notices are often misunderstood. They are advisory and the advice is usually heeded.

If the Twitter link is correct it says "not allowed to report [gilets jeunes] incidents on the main page"

here is the wiki for D-notices.

I've not seen anything to suggest the twitter link is not correct.

I've not seen it reported on the homepage (as per the tweet), this was being noticed before the d notice tweet.

I had previously noticed that search using the word France was not returning results, although it seems to now - again ties in with the tweet

I have also not seen the injuries reported on, again ties in with the tweet.

I think that tweet is nonsense.

I have never heard of a board, that apparently lights up, that has a number of pre-determined options to follow dependent upon what news possibility happens. If such a thing did exist I doubt that it would be public and nor would a crack sqaud of the social media team be put in charge.

But you never know. Things are getting crazy. Social media teams within media organisations are empires these days. Anticipating the news and having pre-determined reporting styles ready smacks more of 1984 than a democracy.

13 hours ago, whocares said:

Worrying that as we are tax payers here now in France, we might have to flee if the taxes go up hugely to pay for the resulting mass unemployment and city centre repairs.  (Cos selling our house will be even less easy in that situation!) 

Taxes are going up. Again. To pay for Macrons recent giveaway they are looking for 10 billion and it won't be Macrons banker mates paying

More on the boxer fella:

Christophe Dettinger, 36, was pictured lashing out at officers on a River Seine bridge during anti-government protests on Saturday afternoon.

Extraordinary videos capture the savagery, showing Dettinger using his fists and feet against the police.

On Sunday, he was on the run after investigating sources in the French capital confirmed he was the boxer who won France's Light Heavyweight title in October 2007.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6562097/Yellow-Vest-activists-clash-officers-graffiti-walls-burn-cars.html?ito=video_player_click

Posted (edited)
17 minutes ago, Anglepoise said:

More on the boxer fella:

Christophe Dettinger, 36, was pictured lashing out at officers on a River Seine bridge during anti-government protests on Saturday afternoon.

Extraordinary videos capture the savagery, showing Dettinger using his fists and feet against the police.

On Sunday, he was on the run after investigating sources in the French capital confirmed he was the boxer who won France's Light Heavyweight title in October 2007.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6562097/Yellow-Vest-activists-clash-officers-graffiti-walls-burn-cars.html?ito=video_player_click

He was hitting shields and helmets and in a very controlled way.

"savagery" is a total lie.

Edited by Frank Hovis

3 hours ago, The Masked Tulip said:

I think that tweet is nonsense.

I have never heard of a board, that apparently lights up, that has a number of pre-determined options to follow dependent upon what news possibility happens. If such a thing did exist I doubt that it would be public and nor would a crack sqaud of the social media team be put in charge.

But you never know. Things are getting crazy. Social media teams within media organisations are empires these days. Anticipating the news and having pre-determined reporting styles ready smacks more of 1984 than a democracy.

Having read up on D notices, I'm leaning towards it being fake. The D notices (that we know of) are for the things that you would expect it be for, mostly real national security stuff. It's a credible story and has some truth in it - but that's how these things work. It could be a fake story written to fit with the current BBC reporting. But I would not want to competely discount it as fake.

I'll give it a probability rating of 20%

Next up is that the French government have asked the Uk government to lean on the media to down play events. Quite posible and if done at a high level between trusted parties we may never find out, or only find out many years after the event.

For this one, I go with a rating of 55%

Another possibility is that no one else is really interested or thinks its newsworthy. By our nature, it seems that most on here seek the truth and facts. We believe in working people being treated fairly and not abused by governments so we put a higher importance on what is going on.

This gets a rating of 70%

The final one is that its nothing more than the standard BBC bias and the So-Called BBC being a bunch of cunts.

How could that be anything other than 100%  :)

12 minutes ago, null; said:

Having read up on D notices, I'm leaning towards it being fake. The D notices (that we know of) are for the things that you would expect it be for, mostly real national security stuff. It's a credible story and has some truth in it - but that's how these things work. It could be a fake story written to fit with the current BBC reporting. But I would not want to competely discount it as fake.

I'll give it a probability rating of 20%

Next up is that the French government have asked the Uk government to lean on the media to down play events. Quite posible and if done at a high level between trusted parties we may never find out, or only find out many years after the event.

For this one, I go with a rating of 55%

Another possibility is that no one else is really interested or thinks its newsworthy. By our nature, it seems that most on here seek the truth and facts. We believe in working people being treated fairly and not abused by governments so we put a higher importance on what is going on.

This gets a rating of 70%

The final one is that its nothing more than the standard BBC bias and the So-Called BBC being a bunch of cunts.

How could that be anything other than 100%  :)

I want to see your probablities for the rice krispies, porridge, cornflakes or toast options of a morning.

‘President against his people’: Salvini openly backs Yellow Vest protesters, lashing out at Macron

In an extraordinary public EU feud, Italy’s Matteo Salvini and his coalition partner have thrown their support behind France’s Yellow Vest movement, while Salvini also accused President Emmanuel Macron of being against his people.

“I support honest citizens who protest against a governing president [who is] against his people,” said the Italian deputy prime minister.

https://www.rt.com/news/448247-salvini-backs-yellow-vests-macron/