• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

spygirl

Macron - how long before wheels fall off

2 minutes ago, One percent said:

The only one worth listening to is Steve Allen as he doesn’t do phone ins or politics. All of them, all of them are as bad, if not worse than O’Brien. Iain dale and Tom swarbrick are incredibly nauseating. 

I don't mind Nick Ferrari, but on @Wight Flight suggestion I'm going to try Talk Radio. And I do like Julia

26 minutes ago, One percent said:

The only one worth listening to is Steve Allen as he doesn’t do phone ins or politics. All of them, all of them are as bad, if not worse than O’Brien. Iain dale and Tom swarbrick are incredibly nauseating. 

Nigel is fine- great communicator, and unfailingly polite and generous with all callers, even the ones who disagree with him.

5 minutes ago, Anglepoise said:

Nigel is fine- great communicator, and unfailingly polite and generous with all callers, even the ones who disagree with him.

I lost faith in him with his reaction to TR being brought into UKIP by batters. Establishment stool. 

20 minutes ago, One percent said:

the So-Called BBC now have this on the front page. Only to inform us that these nasty establishment types will be come down on hard though 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-46788751

To what end?

If the cost of policing and locking everybody up in your country exceeds the tax revenue from the thing they are protesting about.... then why bother? xD

Express.co.uk: Macron protest CRACKDOWN: France plots tougher response to undeclared protests.
https://www.express.co.uk/news/world/1068675/emmanuel-macron-protest-france-news-yellow-vest-protests-gilets-jaunes-latest

France wants to clamp down on violent demonstrations after last weekend saw protesters descend on Paris for the eight time in less than two months. Prime Minister Edouard Philippe announced the decision on Monday, saying: "We need to preserve the right to demonstrate in France and we must sanction those who break the law. That's why the Government favours updating the law in order to sanction those who do not respect this obligation to declare protests, those who take part in undeclared protests, those who arrive at protests with balaclavas.” 

I wonder how this will go down.

8 hours ago, XswampyX said:

To what end?

If the cost of policing and locking everybody up in your country exceeds the tax revenue from the thing they are protesting about.... then why bother? xD

Because locking everyone up worked so well in Northern Ireland....

If they are going to do this then by the same token it seems only fair that politicians are made to be legally obliged to declare their agendas and manifestos in advance of us electing them AND are then required to stick to those manifestos otherwise face serious penalties rather than the taxpayer picking up the cost of their failings and dishonesty as is currently the case. Politicians are hiding behind their own balaclavas!

But,  silly me, I forgot that it is one rule for them and another rule for us...

Europe is fast becoming a totalitarian, fascist state. This will not end well.

5 minutes ago, BadAlchemy said:

Europe is fast becoming a totalitarian, fascist state. This will not end well.

I think it was always intended to be this. It's only now with their behaviour regarding Brexit that we're beginning to see how the supposed freedoms and benefits of membership for individual member states is a complete anathema to them.

1 hour ago, Gloommonger said:

I wonder how this will go down.

Yep. IMO It's a fairly obvious attempt to turn the protestors on themselves, pointing to the more aggressive element in the hope that the moderates will distance themselves and the whole thing fizzles out. The old "if you have nothing to hide you have nothing to fear" argument works quite well on decent people who haven't properly understood just how corrupt and anti-citizen a state can become.

On the other hand, I read an article a while back suggesting that there is outside involvement in these protests, as with the Arab Spring and other uprisings. If that's the case I guess there will be some fairly quick and effective counter-arguments to keep the momentum going.

Either way I think we're approaching a tipping point.

8 hours ago, null; said:

They even used the word 'France'. That twitter tweet is starting to look even more fake.

There is no word "France" on the main page. Which means most people won't see anything about what's going on.

11 minutes ago, sarahbell said:

There is no word "France" on the main page. Which means most people won't see anything about what's going on.

Yes, you are correct. From memory it was on the Europe page, nothing on the main homepage.

Posted (edited)
19 minutes ago, Dipsy said:

Beginning to see why those migrants don't think France is a safe country.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6570491/Police-use-shoot-kill-tactics-Yellow-Vest-protesters-former-education-minister-says.html

Thankfully he's not in Govt.

Mr Ferry, once an Education Minister and now a full-time philosopher, said

France sounds more and more brutal by the day.  The migrants might be better off going to Germany.

He sounds like another from the "might is right" school of philosophy.  It usually goes hand in hand and cheek by jowl with usurping democracy.  In his position of high seniority he should be careful in expounding such a philosophy to be used against the people.

Edited by twocents

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Green Devil said:

Not sure if anyones posted this but what a great idea.

Hurt the govern-b(w)ankerment where it will really hurt them,

https://cointelegraph.com/news/frances-yellow-vests-plan-bank-run-to-scare-state-without-violence

Now that is good use the system against them

Next they will stop paying there mortgages and other debts as the money does not really exist (injin mode off) 

Edited by ad_ceng

Posted (edited)

Interesting, but dangerous tactic - it might well work against them if Jacques Sixpack finds he's on the wrong end of a bank run. Also, isn't there a crime called Financial Terrorism, or have I just completely imagined that?

Edit - seems there is no crime called Financial Terrorism, but there may be one by Friday afternoon :)

Edited by Fully Detached

Do we know what Le Pen's views on all this are? The government has accused her of encouraging the protests but far-lefties have also been involved, apparently.

Most of the articles and vids are in French and I'm having trouble understanding them with my GCSE French.

I have heard that as part of long planned tax reforms France is imminently moving to an equivalent of our PAYE system whereas previously tax has not been deducted at source.

This is end of Jan / start of Feb so even if it goes right people will have less money in their paypackets which may act as an additional trigger.

Just now, Frank Hovis said:

I have heard that as part of long planned tax reforms France is imminently moving to an equivalent of our PAYE system whereas previously tax has not been deducted at source.

This is end of Jan / start of Feb so even if it goes right people will have less money in their paypackets which may act as an additional trigger.

True.

And they're all tax scammers as far as they can be (which they can't be blamed for, given the amount of tax taken) so I'd imagine this will result in many paying more tax.

On 08/01/2019 at 08:33, Fully Detached said:

Yep. IMO It's a fairly obvious attempt to turn the protestors on themselves, pointing to the more aggressive element in the hope that the moderates will distance themselves and the whole thing fizzles out. The old "if you have nothing to hide you have nothing to fear" argument works quite well on decent people who haven't properly understood just how corrupt and anti-citizen a state can become.

On the other hand, I read an article a while back suggesting that there is outside involvement in these protests, as with the Arab Spring and other uprisings. If that's the case I guess there will be some fairly quick and effective counter-arguments to keep the momentum going.

Either way I think we're approaching a tipping point.

I'm inclined to agree and the driven wheels are the ones over the edge and there's no backing out. We are going over no doubt about that.

4 minutes ago, swiss_democracy_for_all said:

True.

And they're all tax scammers as far as they can be (which they can't be blamed for, given the amount of tax taken) so I'd imagine this will result in many paying more tax.

Wow.

Moving to PAYE after a lifetime of sorting out your own tax returns nod nod wink wink will be enough to send a number of people incandesantly angry, is my prediction.  

I have been over taxed in error in EVERY country I have lived in, through PAYE type systems, and had a bastard to try and get it back.  It makes me incredibly angry each time it happens, but I'm not starving whilst waiting for the refund.  If I was, I'd be a lot less willing to sit and wait when there is a tax department down the road to burn.....