• Welcome to DOSBODS

    Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

spygirl

Macron - how long before wheels fall off

Recommended Posts

36 minutes ago, longtomsilver said:

I'm inclined to agree and the driven wheels are the ones over the edge and there's no backing out. We are going over no doubt about that.

I suspect what Micron (and whatever powers are actually behind his throne) is really afraid of is having to announce a GE as a national vote of confidence, like Heath did in the early 70s, because he knows that this time he'll probably lose and Le Pen will get in. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, longtomsilver said:

I'm inclined to agree and the driven wheels are the ones over the edge and there's no backing out. We are going over no doubt about that.

Yep. The actions of the elites over the past few months make revolution throughout all of Western Europe almost a certainty now I think. Good luck everybody.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Austin Allegro said:

I suspect what Micron (and whatever powers are actually behind his throne) is really afraid of is having to announce a GE as a national vote of confidence, like Heath did in the early 70s, because he knows that this time he'll probably lose and Le Pen will get in. 

There's absolutely no appetite for Le Pen among the Froggies I know. She's as tainted for many French people as Killary was in the US.

Now if the French Nationalists found a decent untainted candidate, that would change the game.

Edit :- But she'd have to recognise her own faults and inability to win people over and make way, can't see that happening.

Edited by swiss_democracy_for_all

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Which policeman is going to gun down the first #yellowvest? This is not where the elite want to go. Could we be seeing the end of the globalist cabal?

Edited by Alonso Quijano

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, swiss_democracy_for_all said:

True.

And they're all tax scammers as far as they can be (which they can't be blamed for, given the amount of tax taken) so I'd imagine this will result in many paying more tax.

I'm not sure that I agree - the annual French tax return already pre-fills the salary with the numbers that your employer has sent to .gov.fr.

The new PAYE is being taken out of salaries (also pensions, I believe) so basically stuff that is already declared and above board.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Alonso Quijano said:

Which policeman is going to gun down the first #yellowvest? This is not were the elite want to go. Could we be seeing the end of the globalist cabal?

THAT will be the tipping point.  Once anyone is killed by the state in this manner all shit will kick off, there will be no holding back, expect to see full on conflict. Let them burn.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This may be an unpopular opinion but I am not 100% sure about the gilets-jaunes. The problem as I see it is that they don't seem to have any official stated objectives, which means that even if it wants to, it is difficult for the lawful government to negotiate with them, and this also makes it easier for anarchists, trouble makers etc to get involved in rioting (we do not seem to have had the radical muslims involved yet, however).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, DeepLurker said:

I'm not sure that I agree - the annual French tax return already pre-fills the salary with the numbers that your employer has sent to .gov.fr.

The new PAYE is being taken out of salaries (also pensions, I believe) so basically stuff that is already declared and above board.

You'll know better than me soon - my payslips are Swiss. What's the reason for the change then, if it's not to get more tax one way or another? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Austin Allegro said:

This may be an unpopular opinion but I am not 100% sure about the gilets-jaunes. The problem as I see it is that they don't seem to have any official stated objectives, which means that even if it wants to, it is difficult for the lawful government to negotiate with them, and this also makes it easier for anarchists, trouble makers etc to get involved in rioting (we do not seem to have had the radical muslims involved yet, however).

Interesting post. I recall reading an interesting post where a “ringleader” yellow vest poster was arrested. Called Drouet?

If the gilet-jaunes really want to make headway in their protest against rulers they have to organise politically and utilise social media to try and form a political party IMO. A ringleaders arrest thwarts this approach.

On the other hand if enough people feel disenfranchised from life mass protests will grow.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, Van Lady said:

Interesting post. I recall reading an interesting post where a “ringleader” yellow vest poster was arrested. Called Drouet?

If the gilet-jaunes really want to make headway in their protest against rulers they have to organise politically and utilise social media to try and form a political party IMO. A ringleaders arrest thwarts this approach.

On the other hand if enough people feel disenfranchised from life mass protests will grow.

Pretty sure there was a list of demands at the beginning.

As we have seen forming parties and using social media is not cutting it as they can be throtled, closed down, funding sources stopped and both maligned by the media and swarmed by SJWs. It is becoming increasingly obvious that most social media platforms are now under control!

Given how shit LibLabCon are is it not surprising how little headway fringe or new parties can make?

Edited by Alonso Quijano

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Alonso Quijano said:

Pretty sure there was a list of demands at the beginning.

As we have seen forming parties and using social media is not cutting it as they can be throtled, closed down, funding sources stopped and both maligned by the media and swarmed by SJWs. It is becoming increasingly obvious that most social media platforms are now under control!

Given how shit LibLabCon are is it not surprising how little headway fringe or new parties can make?

I agree but if all the GJs can offer is disruptions and violent protest, this will just lead to authoritarian clampdown by the government (which will be presented by the media in some sort of acceptable form for SJWs/globalists/Eurocrats).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Alonso Quijano said:

Which policeman is going to gun down the first #yellowvest? This is not where the elite want to go. Could we be seeing the end of the globalist cabal?

or the final act of the takeover? The stakes are high.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, swiss_democracy_for_all said:

You'll know better than me soon - my payslips are Swiss. What's the reason for the change then, if it's not to get more tax one way or another? 

One good reason for the change is that it automatically moves money into government coffers - as opposed to the current system where there's a bill sent out once a year, at which point a good number of taxpayers scream "I've lost my job! I've no money left". So I suppose that yes, it will help ensure more money makes its way to the government :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Another anecdote: I was talking with a Frenchman today. Bordeaux has seen some of the largest street protests so far, which is odd, as this place is notoriously conservative (little c) and bourgeois.

But it's grown enormously over the last few years, successfully attracting businesses wishing to escape the crazy prices of Paris. The downside is that house prices have gone into orbit. A few months ago I was talking with a teaching assistant, who had seen the price of their house double since they bought it - so they were cashing out and moving to a more rural area, and semi-retiring.

I guess that this story sounds familiar to many forum members? :)

Anyway, this Frenchman reckoned (and this is just a theory) that a significant number of le petit peuple were being priced out, or their kids were being priced out and so were being forced to move away. So - like in the UK - there's no specific problem to point a finger at, but rather a general feeling that's it's all going downhill.

Edited by DeepLurker

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Similar Content

    • By Dave Bloke
      One of the ideas being floated around at the moment to tackle the Gilets Jaunes crisis is an immediate hike in the NMW - say 20 to 30% but from TOS I remember the argument that it is a bit of a zero sum game and all this does is push up costs but with the added issue that NMW jobs would begin to pay something close to what I earn as a Senior SW developer, so why would I continue to take responsibility for what I do and not seek an easier NMW job.
      Any thoughts
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.