• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

spygirl

Macron - how long before wheels fall off

1 hour ago, DeepLurker said:

One good reason for the change is that it automatically moves money into government coffers - as opposed to the current system where there's a bill sent out once a year, at which point a good number of taxpayers scream "I've lost my job! I've no money left". So I suppose that yes, it will help ensure more money makes its way to the government :)

As an ex PAYE Tax Collector for the Inland Revenue that is precisely why it is popular with governments.  It improves government cash flows, creates less opportunity for default and is normally cheaper to operate.

4 minutes ago, Virgil Caine said:

As an ex PAYE Tax Collector for the Inland Revenue that is precisely why it is popular with governments.  It improves government cash flows, creates less opportunity for default and is normally cheaper to operate.

Precisely, all the work falls on employers and business owners to collect the governments taxes.

VAT is the other one and works on the same principle.

9 minutes ago, Virgil Caine said:

o.O are you allowed on here?  o.O

2 hours ago, Austin Allegro said:

I agree but if all the GJs can offer is disruptions and violent protest, this will just lead to authoritarian clampdown by the government (which will be presented by the media in some sort of acceptable form for SJWs/globalists/Eurocrats).

In my experience people can live with the certainty of misery. It is the misery of uncertainty that usually breaks the system. I suspect the French could probably just about cope with declining living standards and higher taxes . Nor on its own would authoritarian government or corrupt politicians put demonstrators on the streets. Macron's and the French establishments crime is to add extra insecurity to their lives by its rush to embrace neo liberal globalist reforms with all of the associated side effects. It is a vision that has even less going for it than old Soviet Marxist Leninism. All governments, even oppressive ones, need a minimum level of grudging buy in to the system from the mass of the population. Macron clearly cannot muster that at the moment.

There is nothing more difficult to take in hand, more perilous to conduct, or more uncertain in its success, than to take the lead in the introduction of a new order of things. For the reformer has enemies in all those who profit by the old order, and only lukewarm defenders in all those who would profit by the new order, this lukewarmness arising partly from fear of their adversaries … and partly from the incredulity of mankind, who do not truly believe in anything new until they have had actual experience of it.

— Niccolo Machiavelli

Posted (edited)
30 minutes ago, One percent said:

o.O are you allowed on here?  o.O

It was a long, long time ago (and I mean 30 plus years).

The first thing you learned working in a Tax Office is that the intricacies of tax legislation or the niceties of the assessment process  came a distant last to the prime objective of shovelling the average citizens money into the government's coffers as quickly as possible.  As the French statesman Colbert said the art was to pluck the goose with as little squawking as possible from the bird.

Edited by Virgil Caine

38 minutes ago, Stunley Andwin said:

From /pol/, an interesting new propaganda from the Macron regime.

New scandal developing

YVs launched a crowd funding the boxer's legal fees, gov is using him an example and prosecuting him hard and fast, 100k donated in a few hours, everybody calling him a national hero -> gov shut down the crowd funding before it could reach more and seized the money, while also launching a counter-crowd funding in honor of policemen instead. Heavy msm propaganda of course, criticizing the first crowdfunding and propping up the gov-sponsored one. It's almost reached one million this morning. MSM already promoting it and calling it a success, drawing attention to the great numbers of contributors.

During the night, donations kept being sent as regular intervals, phantom donations of 30 euros every second, even at 3 or 4am, etc. We stayed up all night hitting F5 to document it all. Crowd funding platform (which cooperated with the gov and belongs to a bank) tried to justify it as their servers processing the donations with delayed intervals, but this has been debunked, as we tried making random donations throughout the night and they showed up in real time. Google trends results also show the searches don't correspond to the action, with huge spikes for the boxer's and a flatline for the police's. They're using bots and phantom donations to control the narrative. They thought this would help them win the media war but it just further polarizes and exposes their bullshit. This could be the next big push we need but MSM will try to suppress it if exposed.

Blimey. If true that's really scary.

1 hour ago, Stunley Andwin said:

New scandal developing

YVs launched a crowd funding the boxer's legal fees, gov is using him an example and prosecuting him hard and fast, 100k donated in a few hours, everybody calling him a national hero -> gov shut down the crowd funding before it could reach more and seized the money, while also launching a counter-crowd funding in honor of policemen instead. Heavy msm propaganda of course, criticizing the first crowdfunding and propping up the gov-sponsored one. It's almost reached one million this morning. MSM already promoting it and calling it a success, drawing attention to the great numbers of contributors.

During the night, donations kept being sent as regular intervals, phantom donations of 30 euros every second, even at 3 or 4am, etc. We stayed up all night hitting F5 to document it all. Crowd funding platform (which cooperated with the gov and belongs to a bank) tried to justify it as their servers processing the donations with delayed intervals, but this has been debunked, as we tried making random donations throughout the night and they showed up in real time. Google trends results also show the searches don't correspond to the action, with huge spikes for the boxer's and a flatline for the police's. They're using bots and phantom donations to control the narrative. They thought this would help them win the media war but it just further polarizes and exposes their bullshit. This could be the next big push we need but MSM will try to suppress it if exposed.

It's an extension of the might is right and master-slave philosophy.  They could be just printing off the donations from their central bank's printing press - as usual using taxpayer's money against taxpayers.  It's all gone way way beyond corrupt.

Then they effectively ask British people to effectively choose beween aligning with the policies of a leader like Trump or like Macron and similar (that is if you can call Macron a leader).  Unless you like might is right and master-slave policies and leaders like banker Macron then the choice has to be Trump - and by implication leaving the eu even under No Deal circumstances.

Edited by twocents

1 hour ago, Stunley Andwin said:

New scandal developing

It's truly pathetic, what a desperate little despot.

27 minutes ago, Harley said:

Why would such things be limited to France?

They probably aren't but I've not seen a story about a govt setting up a crowdfunding appeal before. In this country it's called the Finance Act and you don't get a choice to contribute!

17 hours ago, Austin Allegro said:

This may be an unpopular opinion but I am not 100% sure about the gilets-jaunes. The problem as I see it is that they don't seem to have any official stated objectives, which means that even if it wants to, it is difficult for the lawful government to negotiate with them, and this also makes it easier for anarchists, trouble makers etc to get involved in rioting (we do not seem to have had the radical muslims involved yet, however).

An observation rather than criticism:  It's academic if they have objectives as the French Establishment, by their own actions, will establish these and/or replace the exisiting coherent/incoherent ones.  How many uprisings started over something superficially "small"?  Most.  "The Establishment only have to scr*w up big once" Sun Tzu (sort of).  This is why I hold such people in disdain - their financial and intellectual greed has crowded out their common sense.  Always was, always will be, eventually.

Edited by Harley

7 minutes ago, Dipsy said:

They probably aren't but I've not seen a story about a govt setting up a crowdfunding appeal before. In this country it's called the Finance Act and you don't get a choice to contribute!

True, no story.  I'm thinking more broadly, but with similar aims and effect.

16 hours ago, DeepLurker said:

One good reason for the change is that it automatically moves money into government coffers - as opposed to the current system where there's a bill sent out once a year, at which point a good number of taxpayers scream "I've lost my job! I've no money left". So I suppose that yes, it will help ensure more money makes its way to the government :)

All tax is theft, good on them for avoiding it. Tax collectors are the lowest of the low. 

5 hours ago, Frank Hovis said:

Successive European governments have been cowed by street protests / riots from immigrant communities and have changed their policies so as to benefit such communities.

When you benefit one community others suffer and for forty years these have been:

• Working people - who are taxed more to pay for the largesse (nb - all working people - not just the inidigineous, though 16 hour tax credit nail bar people are not included)
  • Indigineous people - who are discriminated against because of positive discrimination for non-indigineous peopls

These protests are swerving politicians perspectives of these two groups from seeing them as uncomplaining beasts of burden who will just continue to fund every new policy and giveaway towards being groups in their own right that not only need consideration but should actually be given preferential treatment because they are either paying for everything or suffering as immigration reduces their quality of life.

It has put the agenda of most ordinary working people upon the politicians' desk in France and rippling across Europe.

It is the wealth from our labours that the state is spending so it can start both taking less and directing more back to those who work.

If they can make Macron fall then a populist party will arise as in Italy that will actually serve its people rather than a globalist agenda.  I'm 100% backing the motivation behind the protests and if criminal elements are taking advantage of them to loot stores then that still helps as it deprives the French government of revenue and puts more pressure upon them from corporations.

Top analysis frank 👍

7 minutes ago, null; said:

2nd most read currently on the So-Called BBC:

Yellow vests knock out 60% of all speed cameras in France

Just this once I'l include a link, just on the off chance it helps get it to number 1 most read:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-46822472

Can confirm have seen two of these out-of-action speed cameras, both on fairly remote roads in the Alps. They'd just put a board across the front of them. Didn't associate it with the Yellow Vests until I saw this story.

11 minutes ago, null; said:

Just this once I'l include a link, just on the off chance it helps get it to number 1 most read:

From the article 

Members of the "yellow vests" protest movement have vandalised almost 60% of France's entire speed camera network, the interior minister has said.

Christophe Castaner said the wilful damage was a threat to road safety and put lives in danger.

its hardly vandalism, they’ve wrapped some tape around it. 

3 minutes ago, One percent said:

From the article 

Members of the "yellow vests" protest movement have vandalised almost 60% of France's entire speed camera network, the interior minister has said.

Christophe Castaner said the wilful damage was a threat to road safety and put lives in danger.

its hardly vandalism, they’ve wrapped some tape around it. 

Struggling to understand the threat to road safety as well.

48 minutes ago, null; said:

Good this is exactly the right action. 

I have a feeling this will get very bad the establishment is desperate 

55 minutes ago, ad_ceng said:

Good this is exactly the right action. 

I have a feeling this will get very bad the establishment is desperate 

Yes, its something the majority of the population will either support, or not be too bothered about - I assume a majority don't like speed cameras.

Doing aything that negatively impacts on people will not win hearts and minds.

They need to be French Robin Hoods.