• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

spygirl

Macron - how long before wheels fall off

9 hours ago, Ina said:

Should be an interesting weekend in France.   GJ are planning a run on the banks from 8am today by encouraging people to withdraw as much cash as possible.  Obviously it will go totally unreported in the UK.

I don't really see how that will work. Last time I was in France you'd be lucky to find a bank open at weekends. If the yellow vests mean pull all the cash from the ATMs they will just end up with empty ATMs which is not all that unusual.

59 minutes ago, Errol said:

Is French Democracy Dead Or Alive? - The Gilets Jaunes In 2019

https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2019-01-11/french-democracy-dead-or-alive-gilets-jaunes-2019

'The Yellow Vests gather in conspicuous places where they can be seen: the Champs-Elysées in Paris, main squares in other cities towns, and the numerous traffic circles on the edge of small towns.

Unlike traditional demonstrations, the Paris marches were very loose and spontaneous, people just walking around and talking to each other, with no leaders and no speeches.

The absence of leaders is inherent in the movement.

All politicians, even friendly ones, are mistrusted and no one is looking for a new leader.

People are organizing their own meetings to develop their lists of grievances and demands.

In the village of Commercy, Lorraine, a half hour drive from Domrémy where Jeanne d’Arc was born, inhabitants gather to read their proclamation. Six of them read in turns, a paragraph each, making it quite clear that they want no leaders, no special spokesperson. They sometimes stumble over a word, they are not used to speaking in public like the TV talking heads.

That objection is answered by what has quickly emerged as the single overriding demand of the movement: the Citizens’ Initiative Referendum (CIR).

The right to a CIR exists in Switzerland, Italy and California. The idea horrifies all those whose profession it is to know best the European political class.

Edited by Chewing Grass

Good old momentum and mcdummy and bbc

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-46851664

People gathered outside the So-Called BBC's New Broadcasting House before marching to Trafalgar Square, many wearing yellow vests - which national organiser Ramona McCartney said was to show "solidarity with the left and working class in France".

France has seen weeks of anti-austerity demonstrations by those wearing the vests, known as the "gilets jaunes" movement.

Addressing protesters in Trafalgar Square, Labour's John McDonnell said eight years of austerity was "tearing apart the very social fabric" of the UK.

Nope. They are proesting about the tax the french state takes off them and hiw its spent.

4 minutes ago, spygirl said:

Good old momentum and mcdummy and bbc

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-46851664

People gathered outside the So-Called BBC's New Broadcasting House before marching to Trafalgar Square, many wearing yellow vests - which national organiser Ramona McCartney said was to show "solidarity with the left and working class in France".

France has seen weeks of anti-austerity demonstrations by those wearing the vests, known as the "gilets jaunes" movement.

Addressing protesters in Trafalgar Square, Labour's John McDonnell said eight years of austerity was "tearing apart the very social fabric" of the UK.

Nope. They are proesting about the tax the french state takes off them and hiw its spent.

The subtle bias is the article is glaring especially when you compare what you highlighted above with this bit.

Transport Secretary Chris Grayling earlier told the Daily Mail that not leaving the EU would cause the 17 million people who voted for Brexit to feel "cheated". He said blocking Brexit could lead to a surge in far-right extremism.

Lord Hattersley dismissed those comments, saying not many would regard Mr Grayling as "an expert in these matters".

Pro-EU former Conservative minister Anna Soubry also criticised Mr Grayling's comments as "irresponsible nonsense".

David Lammy, a Labour former minister, said it was "a desperate attempt by a government minister to use a tiny far-right minority to hold our democracy to ransom", adding: "It is gutter politics."

Now the first bolded bit is correct, the rest has been selected from a bunch of nobodies, I honestly thought Roy Hattersley was dead, Anna Soubry is a certifiable lunatic, and David Lammy is as pro-EU as they come.

The subtle labelling as far-right is as deluded as it gets, as is momentum thinking they are getting down with the working people if they wear hi-viz.

They just make themselves look like complete tossers, with their words and actions.

As I posted in the Macron thread the Gillet Jaunes in France by and large think that all politicians, even friendly ones, are mistrusted and no one is looking for a new leader.

18 minutes ago, One percent said:

Very good 👍

It's in the zerohedge link and I thought it deserved to be highlighted.  It sums up a lot of the stuff going on very neatly and in rather nice and jolly way.

2 minutes ago, Chewing Grass said:

The subtle bias is the article is glaring especially when you compare what you highlighted above with this bit.

Transport Secretary Chris Grayling earlier told the Daily Mail that not leaving the EU would cause the 17 million people who voted for Brexit to feel "cheated". He said blocking Brexit could lead to a surge in far-right extremism.

Lord Hattersley dismissed those comments, saying not many would regard Mr Grayling as "an expert in these matters".

Pro-EU former Conservative minister Anna Soubry also criticised Mr Grayling's comments as "irresponsible nonsense".

David Lammy, a Labour former minister, said it was "a desperate attempt by a government minister to use a tiny far-right minority to hold our democracy to ransom", adding: "It is gutter politics."

Now the first bolded bit is correct, the rest has been selected from a bunch of nobodies, I honestly thought Roy Hattersley was dead, Anna Soubry is a certifiable lunatic, and David Lammy is as pro-EU as they come.

The subtle labelling as far-right is as deluded as it gets, as is momentum thinking they are getting down with the working people if they wear hi-viz.

They just make themselves look like complete tossers, with their words and actions.

As I posted in the Macron thread the Gillet Jaunes in France by and large think that all politicians, even friendly ones, are mistrusted and no one is looking for a new leader.

Wtf is lamy on about. It was a majority vote to leave. Democracy dictates that we therefore leave. Is he thick? (Rhetorical question) 

Just now, Chewing Grass said:

Whats the option?

Another referendum?

Two outcomes-

Vote to remain. Would eu lets us back in sam terms. Or would we lose rebate? Either way, therell be riots.

Vote to leave. So, no further than before. Do the v pro eu pay for it?

I dont think a 2nd referendum would vote remian. People asking for it are as deluded as they were in 16 when they dudnt do anything for remian, assuming brexi t would never happen.

The issue is tge Pols and media are so far detached from most voters that tgey need to step back and start listening. Weve got this wierd, insulated clique of Pols and media, feeding each other.

6 minutes ago, Chewing Grass said:

Lammy is thick.

Tiny far right ...

Majority voted out. Yes, by 4%. But its not tiny or far right.

16 minutes ago, spygirl said:

Lammy is thick.

Tiny far right ...

Majority voted out. Yes, by 4%. But its not tiny or far right.

Who cares!

Who's going to vote for a bunch of cunts who don't do what they promised to do? Even if they promise to do something that you agree with, they won't do it.

It's not the far right they fear it's politicians doing what they promised. From here it looks like the only people offering to do what they say they will do are labelled far right or populist.

So be it then.

The left could try it and say we want to be an open borders, communist, totalitarian police state... but who's going to vote for that! xD

39 minutes ago, Chewing Grass said:

I think that is the aspect of the Gilet Jaunes which is scaring the bejesus out of established politicians more than anything else. Their whole world view is built on vanguardist principles where a ruling elite or an individual leader run society and everyone else is left to passively follow.  This top down model is welded into the fabric of western society where the idea of finding leaders to fix all problems has become a fetish everywhere from business to sport.  It is interesting that the French are beginning to challenge this concept as it was people like Proudhon who were among the first to challenge the idea that leaders and leadership groups are the answer to all the worlds woes.

Edited by Virgil Caine

1 minute ago, XswampyX said:

Who cares!

Who's going to vote for a bunch of cunts who don't do what they promised to do? Even if they promise to do something that you agree with, they won't do it.

It's not the far right they fear it's politicians doing what they promised. From here it looks like the only people offering to do what they say they will do are labelled far right or populist.

So be it then.

The left could try it and say we want to be an open borders, communist, totalitarian police state... but who's going to vote for that! xD

If by Left you mean Labour then its going to end worse.

Cuntbyns pushing for a GE. To decide what next. Which would be fine if Labour were sgreed and Cuntbyn wasnt using it to get power and bring hus anti EU schemes in.

Uk choices are-

Mays deal brexit

Mays fail, no deal. EU is flapping about this as its non heloful handling strategy is blowing up in their face as a no desl looks likely andit dawns on eu how bad a no deal would be for europe.

Or cuntbyn - marxidt rebolutionary who wants to leave europe.

3 minutes ago, spygirl said:

Cuntbyns pushing for a GE. To decide what next. Which would be fine if Labour were sgreed and Cuntbyn wasnt using it to get power and bring hus anti EU schemes in.

Uk choices are-

Mays deal brexit

Mays fail, no deal. EU is flapping about this as its non heloful handling strategy is blowing up in their face as a no desl looks likely andit dawns on eu how bad a no deal would be for europe.

I was thinking more worldwide than just UK Labour.

The right want us to live in a jungle and the left want us to live in a zoo.

1 hour ago, Wight Flight said:

I heard today that 60% of the French approve of the Yellow jackets.

My guess is that is everyone apart from the top 1% and the bottom 39% living off everyone else.

Wasn't it higher than that previously?

In relation to MSM reporting and politician's responses, they just don't get it do they?

10 hours ago, spygirl said:

Uk choices are-

Mays deal brexit

I think plans are afoot to float a second referendum but try to split the leave vote.

Heard a few talking heads talking about there being three options, Vote May Deal, Vote No Deal, and Vote Remain.

Can remember who it was fronting this but it was on R4 and even Humphries was so gobsmacked by the absolute transparency that he accused the interviewee of taking the electorate for idiots.

I think there will be many attempts at this, if there is a second referendum and it is not two simple choices then i may get of my arse and protest.