• Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
Frank Hovis

Cheesing, Momo, Slenderman

Oh ffs.

"Cheesing" is now filling five minutes for vacuous idiots.  You unwrap a slice of processed cheese and then throw it into a baby or toddler's face.

https://www.cornwalllive.com/news/uk-world-news/cheesing-new-viral-trend-people-2603228

Momo was a hoax that the papers took seriously and that in turn has made it real.

Slenderman was part of an internet game to design an ersatz villain; and iit is now taken so seriously that two young girls in the US killed another girl for the Slenderman and that evil murderer and rapist of the 6 year old in Scotland obsessed about.

Mass person to person communication has become a blight because of social media; by social media I mean people sharing aspects of their life via the internet rather than a discussion forum such as this.

40 minutes ago, Frank Hovis said:

Oh ffs.

"Cheesing" is now filling five minutes for vacuous idiots.  You unwrap a slice of processed cheese and then throw it into a baby or toddler's face.

https://www.cornwalllive.com/news/uk-world-news/cheesing-new-viral-trend-people-2603228

Momo was a hoax that the papers took seriously and that in turn has made it real.

Slenderman was part of an internet game to design an ersatz villain; and iit is now taken so seriously that two young girls in the US killed another girl for the Slenderman and that evil murderer and rapist of the 6 year old in Scotland obsessed about.

Mass person to person communication has become a blight because of social media; by social media I mean people sharing aspects of their life via the internet rather than a discussion forum such as this.

Hmm not even decent cheese, but as least it won't hurt unlike a wedge of a really hard cheese such as Parmesan.

40 minutes ago, Frank Hovis said:

Oh ffs.

Pretty good illustration of just how moronic a lot of the population actually is. Throwing cheese in a babies face then sticking it online for fucks sake, you'd have to be a mental incompetent of the elitest order to think that's a good idea.

As for Momo etc. It's what happens when you lose the art of ignoring something until it goes away. Social media doesn't permit this and all of a sudden it gains traction with paranoid parents and other social media hysterics and then you get letters home from your kids school about it (like we did) and thus it's legitimised and actually does become a phenomenon. It didn't exist before, it does now - I saw a nasty video myself yesterday on youtube masquerading as a Peppa Pig episode. Scared the living shit out of my girl, the cunts.

Social media is an absolute disaster IMO. We'll be feeling the repercussions of it for years.

I'll repeat this until the end of time.

Dance on your "smart"phones right now, and encourage anyone that you meet to do the same - for they truly are the dildos of Satan.

If you don't follow my advice, then you are clearly a biff...

XYY

My son will be pissed off.

He loved processed cheese slices as a baby.

Now if they want to invent Byron burgering young girls, and thats including the chicken wings) itll save me a fortune.

37 minutes ago, Sgt Hartman said:

Pretty good illustration of just how moronic a lot of the population actually is. Throwing cheese in a babies face then sticking it online for fucks sake, you'd have to be a mental incompetent of the elitest order to think that's a good idea.

As for Momo etc. It's what happens when you lose the art of ignoring something until it goes away. Social media doesn't permit this and all of a sudden it gains traction with paranoid parents and other social media hysterics and then you get letters home from your kids school about it (like we did) and thus it's legitimised and actually does become a phenomenon. It didn't exist before, it does now - I saw a nasty video myself yesterday on youtube masquerading as a Peppa Pig episode. Scared the living shit out of my girl, the cunts.

Social media is an absolute disaster IMO. We'll be feeling the repercussions of it for years.

Indeed. If only 30-50% of the household had something to fill up their days. We could call it 'work' or 'a job'

Apparently if you say 'IDS' three times in front of mirror you get called in for a UC re-assessment ...

1 hour ago, Frank Hovis said:

Oh ffs.

No evidence at all presented in court that Aaron Campbell had even heard of Slenderman. Along with gaming, in particular Fortnite, it's the Daily Mail just making it up. 

12 minutes ago, spunko said:

No evidence at all presented in court that Aaron Campbell had even heard of Slenderman. Along with gaming, in particular Fortnite, it's the Daily Mail just making it up. 

My parents have heard about this from the Daily Mirror and are now even more scared of the internet.

1 hour ago, The XYY Man said:

Dance on your "smart"phones right now, and encourage anyone that you meet to do the same - for they truly are the dildos of Satan.

XYY

Recently ditched the smartphone and reverted to India specification nokia, it was surprisingly liberating not lugging the daft and pointless  great thing around anymore. I'll keep the smartphone to use as a camera and mp3 player, but it doesn't have a sim card and never used it to go online anyway. No loss at all and have resolved to be even ruder to customers that send fecking texts instead of calling to talk like a normal human.

Apparently  momo is true. You get sent a link via an app and when you open it a scary gave tells you to kill yourself.

My 16 year old son did it. Said it was scary enough in a horror film sort of way.  Wife knows a woman whose young girl (about 8) did it and it scared her shitless.

4 minutes ago, Caravan Monster said:

Recently ditched the smartphone and reverted to India specification nokia, it was surprisingly liberating not lugging the daft and pointless  great thing around anymore. I'll keep the smartphone to use as a camera and mp3 player, but it doesn't have a sim card and never used it to go online anyway. No loss at all and have resolved to be even ruder to customers that send fecking texts instead of calling to talk like a normal human.

Well done mate - and welcome back to planet Earth. Trust me, you will never regret your decision.

I have one of these - SIM free for £29.95 at Argos.

8243230_R_Z001A?$Web$&$DefaultPDP570$

XYY

1 hour ago, The XYY Man said:

XYY

Posted from XYY’s Samsung S10.

1 minute ago, Horrified Onlooker said:

Posted from XYY’s Samsung S10.

:)

I do hear that the camera is fantastic on that particular model.

But I still wouldn't have one if you paid me to carry it.

Seriously - no amount of money could tempt me.

Even if I were promised daily blow-jobs from all the female members of The Corrs for all of eternity, I would still refuse to have a "smart"phone.

They are that fucking evil...

XYY

20 minutes ago, The XYY Man said:

Well done mate - and welcome back to planet Earth. Trust me, you will never regret your decision.

I have one of these - SIM free for £29.95 at Argos.

XYY

£17.99 freepost from Mo on ebay :ph34r:

Going back to slenderman in the op, I find the paranormal industry propagated online and even on tv fascinating. It's a bizarre mix of really good story tellers and very obviously deluded people masking underlying problems in their lives with involvement in paranormal related activities. It goes back to Art Bell in the nineties and film, radio and literature before that, but it was giving the individual an audience that started with Art Bell that made it take off. The extent to which believing oneself to be a witch, have been abducted by aliens or being 'psychic' becomes central  the daily lives, identities and even making a living of these individuals is incredible and it is reinforced by others talking about it. Having consulted youtube, I am particularly concerned about running into a rebranded werewolf or 'dogman' that people are seeing everywhere now, even in yorkshire. This guy gets a new dogman sighting every week for his youtube channel xD https://www.youtube.com/user/DogmanEncounters/videos

33 minutes ago, Caravan Monster said:

£17.99 freepost from Mo on ebay :ph34r:

Going back to slenderman in the op, I find the paranormal industry propagated online and even on tv fascinating. It's a bizarre mix of really good story tellers and very obviously deluded people masking underlying problems in their lives with involvement in paranormal related activities. It goes back to Art Bell in the nineties and film, radio and literature before that, but it was giving the individual an audience that started with Art Bell that made it take off. The extent to which believing oneself to be a witch, have been abducted by aliens or being 'psychic' becomes central  the daily lives, identities and even making a living of these individuals is incredible and it is reinforced by others talking about it. Having consulted youtube, I am particularly concerned about running into a rebranded werewolf or 'dogman' that people are seeing everywhere now, even in yorkshire. This guy gets a new dogman sighting every week for his youtube channel xD https://www.youtube.com/user/DogmanEncounters/videos

As I've alluded to in other posts, I'm currently fascinated by the Flat Earth "movement". I have some ideas about what's driving it but I'll keep them to myself for now. Needless to say, it's quite bizarre.

5 minutes ago, Panther said:

Let's not forget the scary clowns jumping out of bushes, where are they now?

I'd imagine the thorough kickings that quite a few of them must have received has put them off the idea.

3 hours ago, The XYY Man said:

Even if I were promised daily blow-jobs from all the female members of The Corrs for all of eternity, I would still refuse to have a "smart"phone.

XYY

Oh my. That’s a big call🤤

3 hours ago, The XYY Man said:

:)

I do hear that the camera is fantastic on that particular model.

But I still wouldn't have one if you paid me to carry it.

Seriously - no amount of money could tempt me.

They are that fucking evil...

XYY

That seems like a pretty good deal to me. All the girl Corrs... :x

Hard to see why you wouldn’t go for it. 

Is it because the electrostatic charge off a smartphone does funny things to the synthetic hair in cheap wigs?

Posted (edited)
35 minutes ago, Hail the Tripod said:

That seems like a pretty good deal to me. All the girl Corrs... :x

Hard to see why you wouldn’t go for it. 

Is it because the electrostatic charge off a smartphone does funny things to the synthetic hair in cheap wigs?

I’ll concur with @The XYY Manregarding this issue.

I have never owned a smartphone and do not desire one. Simply because I don’t need one! I’m unsure about the consequences of continually being bombarded with various signals from whatever but I can’t do anything about that aspect.

My mobile phone is basic, pay as I go. It’s handy to have in case I find myself in an emergency situation and for occasionally arranging meetings by text. A £10 credit lasts me months!

The thought of being online 24/7 is a no no for me. I’m happy to try and enjoy my day as much as possible without constant internet connection. Early morning browse then evening surfing is fine for me.

Edited by Van Lady

4 hours ago, NewryH said:

Apparently  momo is true. You get sent a link via an app and when you open it a scary gave tells you to kill yourself.

My 16 year old son did it. Said it was scary enough in a horror film sort of way.  Wife knows a woman whose young girl (about 8) did it and it scared her shitless.

😂

3 hours ago, Panther said:

Let's not forget the scary clowns jumping out of bushes, where are they now?

Obviously scared themselves to death..