• Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
ccc

Why do burds love candles ?

They're usually scented candles. Maybe women are more aware of scents; not necessarily a better sense of smell but more focused upon it.

My house usually smells of nothing (well, hopefully!) as do most single blokes' houses. Women want their homes to smell of flowers and similar.

I appreciate that's only half the answer and doesn't say why women are more focused upon scents.

9 minutes ago, Frank Hovis said:

They're usually scented candles. Maybe women are more aware of scents; not necessarily a better sense of smell but more focused upon it.

My house usually smells of nothing (well, hopefully!) as do most single blokes' houses. Women want their homes to smell of flowers and similar.

I appreciate that's only half the answer and doesn't say why women are more focused upon scents.

Because scented candles mask their smell

Posted (edited)

I used to flog partylite paraffin wax candles and candle holders as a sideline. Candle parties in people’s homes. The bloke of the household was never around it was always all women. Really easy money.

Unfortunately I couldn’t stand the overwhelming, IMO, scent of the candles. I found it nauseating. Eventually I packed it in and developed my own range of soy wax scent free candles. Still done well flogging them locally and online.

It’s marketing and women fall for all the bullshit words used in candle selling .....ambience, relaxation etc. I used those words for my own candles because I know they work but promoted soy wax as cleaner burning and less toxic plus ideal for dinner tables, weddings as they had no scent to spoil eating food.

Without a doubt 95% of my customers were female!

Edited by Van Lady

9 minutes ago, Frank Hovis said:

Interesting logic. Burds do seem to prefer general scents more than blokes. 

Fresh scented smell of washed clothes for example.

I just want them to be clean. I don't want them smelling of roses. :D

Just now, ccc said:

Interesting logic. Burds do seem to prefer general scents more than blokes. 

Fresh scented smell of washed clothes for example.

I just want them to be clean. I don't want them smelling of roses. :D

Part of the strong sexual attraction to a particular woman is their natural smell, which isn't the smell somebody in a cosmetic lab thought they should smell like.

They love the whole idea of permanently being at a spa. Fluffy white dressing gowns, some sort of cocktail, an aromatherapy massage (not necessarily with big Sven) and eveey room smelling of summer breeze or mint sunrise.

P.S. there's a new comfort fabric wash called 'fresh sky'. Wtf is that?

1 minute ago, Van Lady said:

I used to flog partylite paraffin was candles and candle holders as a sideline. Candle parties in people’s homes. The bloke of the household was never around it was always all women. Really easy money.

Unfortunately I couldn’t stand the overwhelming, IMO, scent of the candles. I found it nauseating. Eventually I packed it in and developed my own range of soy wax scent free candles. Still done well flogging them locally and online.

It’s marketing and women fall for all the bullshit words used in candle selling .....ambience, relaxation etc. I used those words for my own candles because I know they work but promoted soy wax as cleaner burning and less toxic plus ideal for dinner tables, weddings as they had no scent to spoil eating food.

Without a doubt 95% of my customers were female!

Good info. 

It's strange as in general terms flames are definitely more of a blokes favourites than burds. 

Camp fires, arson, bbq etc. Very much male dominated. So logically I would expect blokes to be more into candles than burds. But it's actually the complete opposite. 

Ah the mysteries of the universe.:Old:

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, ccc said:

Good info. 

It's strange as in general terms flames are definitely more of a blokes favourites than burds. 

Camp fires, arson, bbq etc. Very much male dominated. So logically I would expect blokes to be more into candles than burds. But it's actually the complete opposite. 

Ah the mysteries of the universe.:Old:

You mean blokes are into big flames and burds prefer little flickers

Edited by Hopeful

13 minutes ago, Frank Hovis said:

Yes, in my experience with selling the scented candles the smell was a major factor in securing candle sales. Some women seemed to be almost addicted to certain candle scents and needed it. I often got texts or phone calls asking if they could order two dozen of .....whatever candle/scent without attending a candle party. Of course you can I responded, no problem, are you sure two dozen is enough? Those scented partylite candles were expensive but no shortage of female buyers!

9 minutes ago, The XYY Man said:

Why do burds love candles...?

Because they crave for my wick...!

;)

XYY

Ah well could be worse.

At least no-one has stooped to the level of the joke about the convent...

It's 10:00pm and the mother superior calls out, "Candles out, girls!"

...accompanied by the sound of, "pop ... pop ... pop ... "

Yes, no-one at Dosbods would be so crude to recount that one!

32 minutes ago, sarahbell said:

all these candles and wax melts will presumably have been tested to show long term regular exposure doesn"t cause cancer

I haven’t looked for several years but research on burning scented paraffin candles in the home was on the fringes, just the same as research from indoor toxins like paint, furnishings etc.

When I did look at researchers of indoor pollution I wasn’t surprised that they couldn’t get funding to explore the issue!

Big pharma will not give research grants to anything that will stop the masses buying products that may increase their chances of breathing indoor toxic air. IMO that includes paint, a majority of home furnishings, air freshener, cleaning products, pest control products, scented candles.....

No, they dont like candles - ive tried tossing a bulk pack of ikea tea lights at mrs spy.... they like fucking expensive candles  which stink like knocking shop house douche.

1 hour ago, The XYY Man said:

Why do burds love candles...?

Because they crave for my wick...!

;)

XYY

Short, stringy, greasy....

1 hour ago, Van Lady said:

I haven’t looked for several years but research on burning scented paraffin candles in the home was on the fringes, just the same as research from indoor toxins like paint, furnishings etc.

When I did look at researchers of indoor pollution I wasn’t surprised that they couldn’t get funding to explore the issue!

Big pharma will not give research grants to anything that will stop the masses buying products that may increase their chances of breathing indoor toxic air. IMO that includes paint, a majority of home furnishings, air freshener, cleaning products, pest control products, scented candles.....

This is a pretty good example of legislators (particularly the EU) looking in the wrong place. 

Acouple of years back there was a massive flap about nickel levels in synthetic wax candles, until somebody pointed out that beeswax had way more nickel in it than synthetic wax. But filling the air full of VOC.... Not a problem.

"Where's the candle?"

"Yes it does doesn't it" said the other nun.

Don't mind a candle on the go when the weather is rough outside it's pretty relaxing - don't know why.

Nothing fancy, just a few tealights in some nice metal holders is fine. 

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Frank Hovis said:

I think women do have a better sense of smell then men, significant differences in the olfactory bulb and in sensitivity to smells at low concentrations in women of reproductive age. When pregnant you get super sense of smell, perfume and cleaning products smelt like poison to me and some smells would cause instant vomiting. Might be so we can avoid disease and feed young children safely? Or for mate selection.

My husband hates me going into his room because I complain it doesn't smell fresh and open all the windows.

Edited by maudit
Format