• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

onlyme

London - Grenfell House

Huge fire, ย looks like fire hazards all round - inside and out. ย Poor sods. Under normal circumstances you'd say this was an accident.

http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/816861/london-fire-grenwell-house-latimer-road-residents-risk-west-action-group-blog-post

Grenfell House residents warned block was fire risk a YEAR before blaze destroyed building

RESIDENTS at the West London building which was completely destroyed by a massive blaze this morning warned that the apartment block was a fire risk more than a year ago.

ย 

Edited by onlyme

I heard on TV on some show a while back that in any building in the UK that has sprinklers fitted has never had a single fatality - ever. They are so efficient.ย 

I've been in many a block of flats and lots don't have sprinklers.ย 

Know one thing concrete doesn'tย burn - if they've used insulated panels on the outside i don't know how fire retardant that stuff can be made and if not fire proof whole outside would go up in short order. Problem with new build/timber frame - firefighters hate the things.

Local councilor just on BBC now talking about it. Area is multi cultural and multi ethnic and I know lots of people who live there who come and go each day to church and their mosques.

Errr - what the fuck has any of that got to do with a fireย o.O

Fuck sake they just can't help themselves.

2 minutes ago, ccc said:

Local councilor just on BBC now talking about it. Area is multi cultural and multi ethnic and I know lots of people who live there who come and go each day to church and their mosques.

Errr - what the fuck has any of that got to do with a fireย o.O

Fuck sake they just can't help themselves.

They had the interviewer talking to residents. Not one spoke decent English.

Why the fck are we housing people who are unlikely to earn much in London. Why the fuck are they here (yes, benefits, i know).

ย 

This was Kensington as well.ย 

Just spoke to another local bod from some church.ย 

Said there were about 140 flats and she would assume 3-4 living in each one.ย o.O

What the fuck is wrong with this country.ย 

Shame for anyone living there of course.ย 

1 minute ago, ccc said:

This was Kensington as well.ย 

Just spoke to another local bod from some church.ย 

Said there were about 140 flats and she would assume 3-4 10-15 living in each one.ย o.O

What the fuck is wrong with this country.ย 

Shame for anyone living there of course.ย 

ย 

https://grenfellactiongroup.wordpress.com/2016/11/20/kctmo-playing-with-fire/

It is a truly terrifying thought but the Grenfell Action Group firmly believe that only a catastrophic event will expose the ineptitude and incompetence of our landlord, the ย KCTMO, and bring an end to the dangerous living conditions and neglect of health and safety legislation that they inflict upon their tenants and leaseholders. We believe that the KCTMO are an evil, unprincipled, mini-mafia who have no business to be charged with the responsibility of ย looking after the every day management of large scale social housing estates and that their sordid collusion with the RBKC Council is a recipe for a future major disaster.

It is our conviction that a serious fire in a tower block or similar high density residential property is the most likely reason that those who wield power at the KCTMO will be found out and brought to justice!

Flicked over to itv. Resident on who lived there and escaped. Muslim woman. 3 kids. Not from the UK.ย 

This may be conflating issues a bit but you ram more and more people into smaller and smaller places and this sort of thing is more likely to happen.ย 

4 minutes ago, GTFO said:

https://grenfellactiongroup.wordpress.com/2016/11/20/kctmo-playing-with-fire/

It is a truly terrifying thought but the Grenfell Action Group firmly believe that only a catastrophic event will expose the ineptitude and incompetence of our landlord, the ย KCTMO, and bring an end to the dangerous living conditions and neglect of health and safety legislation that they inflict upon their tenants and leaseholders. We believe that the KCTMO are an evil, unprincipled, mini-mafia who have no business to be charged with the responsibility of ย looking after the every day management of large scale social housing estates and that their sordid collusion with the RBKC Council is a recipe for a future major disaster.

It is our conviction that a serious fire in a tower block or similar high density residential property is the most likely reason that those who wield power at the KCTMO will be found out and brought to justice!

Sounds like they set alight to it, to make a point.

1 minute ago, ccc said:

Flicked over to itv. Resident on who lived there and escaped. Muslim woman. 3 kids. Not from the UK.ย 

This may be conflating issues a bit but you ram more and more people into smaller and smaller places and this sort of thing is more likely to happen.ย 

Just the 3!. Shed better get her skates on them!

Guy whose sister lives over the roads says it was full of Syrian asylum seekers. Plus the thing has had plastic cladding and UPVC glazing fitted to its exterior which has fuelled the spread of the fire hence the enormous amount of dense black smoke.

11 minutes ago, Chewing Grass said:

Guy whose sister lives over the roads says it was full of Syrian asylum seekers. Plus the thing has had plastic cladding and UPVC glazing fitted to its exterior which has fuelled the spread of the fire hence the enormous amount of dense black smoke.

Flammable plastic cladding and flammable windows on a high-rise building that has no sprinkler system or means of fire prevention? In 2017. Words fail me.ย 

6 minutes ago, Chewing Grass said:

I Would look for the cause of the fire first and would suspect in this case it was deliberately set.

Right wing extremist hate crime/terrorist atrocity?

So we're talking hundreds of dead here? As it seems the majority of resident were muslim/foreign born I 'm just waiting for the links to the so called far right ย  by the So-Called BBC & all the other clusterfuck msm

Eight^^

Edited by mattydread

1 minute ago, mattydread said:

So we're talking hundreds of dead here? As it seems the majority of resident were muslim/foreign born I 'm just waiting for the links to the so called far right ย  by the So-Called BBC & all the other clusterfuck msm

ย 

My own odds are:

1) Terrorist attack.

2) Sectarian attack between different Muslims.

3) Migrant having an indoor BBQ.

4) Insurance job gone wrong.

5) Idiot demonstrating the fire hazard ofthe building.

Have the So-Called BBC mentioned the T word yet?

1 minute ago, spygirl said:

My own odds are:

1) Terrorist attack.

2) Sectarian attack between different Muslims.

3) Migrant having an indoor BBQ.

4) Insurance job gone wrong.

5) Idiot demonstrating the fire hazard ofthe building.

My money's on 1

4 minutes ago, GTFO said:

Guy interviewed on sky news said his neighbour woke him up and it originated from his flat. Said his frigeย exploded.

Isobutane used as refrigerant, it's green, but explosive. Also seen mentioned started on 4th floor, which would support accident more than intentional.

ย 

ย