• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

onlyme

London - Grenfell House

1 hour ago, Bricks & Mortar said:

Had a quick read of production methods, and can't see why you'd need a super-fridge.  As far as i saw, you mix up your chopped plant with solvent, (choose one with a boiling point lower than the plant oil). - Then boil the solvent off.  Job done.

What if they were using it as aircon?  Maybe with the cooling element up at the open window, the door open, and the fan ducted through or over it?

Id go for running a commeericalish kitchen or take away from the falt.

Or having so many people living in it.

27 minutes ago, spygirl said:

From the article in case people don't read it....

14 people have now been convicted of fraud over the Grenfell Fire disaster.

Sharife Elouahbi 

The 38-year-old, claimed to be living with a family of five on the 21st floor of the west London apartment block.

He was given £300 a week in food expenses and was put up in three different hotels, which were funded by the Grenfell disaster fund, before getting kicked out of two for breaking the rules.

The career criminal had 28 previous convictions, including stealing pictures of singer Will Young in drag to sell them to the press, robbery and assault.

Elouahbi was due to receive further resettlement payments worth another £14,730 towards a flat and free utilities before he was caught by police.

He was jailed for six years at Isleworth Crown Court after becoming the thirteenth person to be convicted of 'Grenfell fraud' and the person to steal the most from the fund set up to support victims of the fire that killed 72 people last June.

Abolaji Onafuye

The Nigerian father-of-five claimed Zainab Deen, 32, who perished in the blaze was his sister and he was sharing a flat with her.

He was put up at one of London's top hotels and racked up a total bill of more than £35,000.

Onafuye later admitted he was not staying at the tower block and said he must have been 'hallucinating' when he claimed he was. 

Local taxpayers in Kensington and Chelsea footed the £23,500 bill for Onafuye's stay at the four-star Grosvenor Hotel in Buckingham Palace Road.

Onafuye received another £13,000 in living costs after he was moved to a flat in Gorleston Street, Hammersmith - where two bedroom apartments can cost up to £500,000.

A jury at Isleworth Crown Court convicted Onafuye of two counts of fraud by false representation between 21 June last year and 7 June this year.

Koffi Kouakou

This west Londoner lied about his girlfriend dying in the Grenfell tragedy to swindle the council out of thousands of pounds meant for real survivors. 53-year-old Koffi Kouakou of Westfield Close, Coleridge Gardens claimed he had been living in the tower with his girlfriend, an occupant who died in the tragic fire.

Following his claimed Kensington and Chelsea Council put him up in a hotel for two months before re-homing him in council accommodation.

The council spent more than £30,000 on accommodation for Kouakou who was found to be lying following a Metropolitan Police investigation.

Police confirmed Kouakou had not been living in Grenfell Tower and that he had not been in a relationship with the woman.

He pleaded guilty to fraud by false representation at Isleworth Crown Court on October 17 and was jailed for four years.

Mohammed Syed Rinku

Illegal immigrant Mohammed Syed Rinku, claimed he was in a relationship with a Grenfell Tower Fire victim to try and stay in the country.

The 46-year-old applied to stay in the UK and received more than £5,000 in support while his claims were investigated.

He was found to be lying to try and stay in the country and charged with fraud as well as being ordered to pay back £4,044.36.

Rinku, who is of no fixed address, was jailed for 18 months at Isleworth Crown Court on October 9.

Abdelkarim Rekaya

The 28-year-old conned Kensington and Chelsea Council out of more than £80,000 in financial support after claiming he was a Grenfell Tower resident and had been made homeless by the tragic fire on June 17 last year.

He was re-homed at an address in Lots Road, Fulham where he lived rent free and without paying bills until July 1, 2018 when enquiries found his story was false and that he had never lived in Grenfell Tower.

He pleaded guilty to fraud by false representation and obtaining leave to remain by deception at Isleworth Crown Court on September 21.

Rekaya, of Lots Road, has been remanded to be sentenced at Isleworth Crown Court on November 27.

Jenny McDonagh

Last month the former Kensington and Chelsea Council finance minister admitted to stealing more than £60,000 meant for Grenfell Tower victims.

The 39-year-old took the money meant for survivors using pre-paid credit cards, despite having no personal connection to the tragedy, which she used to fund trips to Dubai and Los Angeles, expensive dinners and online gambling.

She was charged with two counts of fraud by abuse of position, one count of theft by an employee and one count of money laundering.

McDonagh who was described in court as a 'serial fraudster' who 'lived beyond her means' has been bailed and a sentencing date has yet to be set.

She was jailed for five and a half years on September 28.

Derrick Peters

Homeless Derrick Peters, 58, lied about living in Grenfell Tower to get a shorter sentence for burglary.

He was put behind bars after falsely telling a judge he had lost all his belongings in the blaze.

His lies meant he put up in free four-star hotel accommodation worth £38,784, courtesy of Kensington and Chelsea Council .

Now Peters, who pleaded guilty to two counts of fraud and perverting the course of justice will spend the next six years in jail.

This includes a three year and four month sentence for two counts of fraud by false representation, 20 months for one count of perverting the course of justice and 12 months after being resentenced for previous count of burglary - all to be be served consecutively.

Tommy Brooks and Elaine Douglas

Tommy Brooks, 52, and Elaine Douglas, 51, were described as 'parasitic' after they claimed to be victims of the devastating fire in order to freeload a combined £125,000 in financial support.

The duo claimed they had lived on the 19th floor of the building but they had been staying with friends the night of the tragedy.

Douglas had claimed £67,125.35 and Brooks had received £58,396.89 in financial support after the fire as well as free hotel accommodation by the time their fraud was discovered by the authorities.

They were sentenced at the same court on July 13, with Douglas receiving three years imprisonment and Brooks receiving three years and three months.

Mohammed Gammota

Gammota pretended his dad died in the fire to get hundreds of pounds in cash and a free hotel stay, where he racked up a large room service bill.

The 31-year-old was sentenced to 18 months in prison after pleading guilty to two fraud charges in June this year.

He claimed he had been living on the 24th floor of the tower with his dad, who he pretended had died in the devastating fire.

In reality he was living with his mum in Croydon and his dad was living abroad.

To make his fraud more convincing, Gamoota researched a newspaper article about one of the 71 real victims of the fire, and used their name and details - pretending they were his dad - to make his claims for free hotel accommodation and cash sound more convincing.

He also made Internet searches using the words 'Grenfell Tower Fraud'.

Gamoota was able to receive £500 in cash, although he had applied for £5,000 and he received £910 worth of free hotel accommodation over nine days, and a £354 room service bill.

He was sentenced to three years and two month's imprisonment at the court.

Antonio Gouveia

Antonio Gouveia fraudulently claimed more than £50,000 after pretending to be a victim of the Grenfell Tower disaster.

The 33-year-old homeless man came forward days after the disaster, claiming to have lived in Flat 42 on the seventh floor of the tower.

Gouveia claimed nine months free accommodation at a Marble Arch hotel, worth £155 a night, as well as £260 in emergency cash, a £249.99 Google Chromebook laptop.

His hotel stay alone was worth a total of £53,456.76.

The cash and hotel accommodation were given to him after he turned up at Westway Centre, a hub for the emergency efforts at the time of the fire.

The 'disgusting' fraudster was jailed for three years at Isleworth Crown Court on 6 September.

Joyce Msokeri

Posed as the widow of a fire victim to claim accommodation and goods worth £19,000.

The 47-year- old Londoner filled her free room at Kensington's Hilton hotel with donated items including handbags and dresses.

When officials began to suspect she was lying, she told them she had just found out her husband had in fact survived and had been living in a cave in Margate, Kent, where he was fed by tourists.

In April, she was jailed for four-and-a-half years.

Yonatan Eyob

The 26-year-old nabbed £87,000 worth of cash and hotel accommodation after claiming he had lodged in a flat where a family of five died.

It is the largest sum scammed by any single Grenfell fraudster.

CCTV footage proved Eyob had never actually been in the block, and when cops raided the Hilton hotel room he had been given, they found a stash of MDMA and cocaine.

It lead to him being convicted of drug offences in addition to fraud. He was jailed for a total of six years and eight months on September 7.

Anh Nhu Nguyen

The 53-year-old was the first fraudster caught for falsely claiming he had lived in the tower.

He said he had lost his wife and son in the blaze – giving an elaborate account of his dramatic escape to Sky News.

The con artist, of Beckenham, South East London, was even comforted by Prince Charles at a meeting with victims.

He collected nearly £12,500 from charitable and council funds before being rumbled after giving multiple different flat numbers as his address.

Nguyen was jailed for 21 months after admitting fraud in February 2018.

I'll save you the bother of checking them all out, only a single UK born person among them.

Edited by gilf

This is on channel 4. The nasty nasty nasty fire brigade basically forced people into the burning building.

How much do I hate channel 4? The fire brigade done their best in a fairly unique situation but channel 4 are laying in them. Fuck off channel 4.

5 minutes ago, Great Guy said:

This is on channel 4. The nasty nasty nasty fire brigade basically forced people into the burning building.

How much do I hate channel 4? The fire brigade done their best in a fairly unique situation but channel 4 are laying in them. Fuck off channel 4.

More or less than the So-Called BBC. A difficult choice 

24 minutes ago, One percent said:

More or less than the So-Called BBC. A difficult choice 

I just don't get legacy media. On one hand they attack the fire service after Grenfell. On the other hand they turn a blind eye to the RoP after Manchester and Rotherham.

It's become clear that the media are happy attacking white people and not brown people. How can anyone really trust what the legacy media tell us? I can come on dosbods and I think I get more rational debate from people here than professional journalists.

1 minute ago, Great Guy said:

I just don't get legacy media. On one hand they attack the fire service after Grenfell. On the other hand they turn a blind eye to the RoP after Manchester and Rotherham.

It's become clear that the media are happy attacking white people and not brown people. How can anyone really trust what the legacy media tell us? I can come on dosbods and I think I get more rational debate from people here than professional journalists.

They're full of activists who've come straight out of "university" with a Victim Studies degree. They'll invariably have a far left agenda to push.

Long gone is the time they were manned by journalists with an interest in the objective truth.

6 minutes ago, Great Guy said:

Destruction of the first world. They have brainwashed into thinking it’s a good thing 

1 hour ago, Great Guy said:

Time for this one again?

21 hours ago, Great Guy said:

It would be a terrible business if the Channel 4 studios caught fire, forcing the fecking fools to fight their faculties over phoning the fallacious firemen.

It seems to me that there is some truth in the Dispatches program and I know that had I lost family in the Grenfell fire I would have found it impossible to cope with the fact that people were told to stay in their flats until it was too late.  I was awake on the night and watched the tragedy unfold on the TV. Along with the Bradford City fire in 1985 and the Corporal killings in 1988 it produced and left that tremendous feeling of frustration and futility of witnessing such an event. 

In the report "Facing the Future" report Sir Ken Knight in May 2013 said

"I have found inexplicable differences in the expenditure of different fire and fire and rescue authorities in England. It’s apparent that we spend almost twice as much in some areas as others and yet there seems to be little relationship between expenditure and the reduction in demand for operational response in different fire and rescue authorities. Differences in operational practices, including minimum crewing levels and the ratio of senior managers to firefighters further show that there are savings to be made without reducing the quality of outcomes for the public. This report looks to give a sense of the scale of this, though these numbers are simple calculations for discussion, not targets in themselves. There are some good examples from fire and rescue authorities that show the potential for savings and there is much to be done at a local fire and rescue authority level."

"Deaths from fires in the home are at an all time low; incidents have reduced by 40 per cent in the last decade, but expenditure and firefighter numbers remain broadly the same. This suggests that there is room for reconfiguration and efficiencies to better match the service to the current risk and response context."

This suggests complacency to me and spending on the fire service then fell by 6% from 2012/13 to 2016/17. 

I have dealings with the fire service myself. This has not been a positive experience with jobsworth inspectors making irrelevant points to self justify. It is clear that they are filling their time with trivial inspections and recommendations. The process has moved away from a working with owners to a box ticking exercise. It is easy to see how this could have resulted in the levels of incompetence seen at Grenfell where the building was effectively clad in fire lighters. I have no doubt too that there was some corruption involved.

On a personal level the fire fighters were heroes and worthy of great praise on the night and so often in incidents. However systematically the fire service and others failed at Grenfell, failing in terms of supervision of the building process, inspection and recommendations but also in terms of sytems and actions on the night of the fire. This failed not only those who were in Grenfell Tower but also those in the fire service itself whose lives were put at risk that night.

fire spend.JPG

Edited by man o' the year

Having read quite a few of the witness statements to the enquiry, in my view the emergency services didnt known how to cope with a fire that spread in the way that it did. There's numerous reports from fire officers saying they hadn't seen a fire behave like that. Plus they had a lack of equipment to deal with a building of that height and even if they did have they were hampered by burning debris falling from the building. One fireman operating a turntable said they had to abandon it after a while as too much burning cladding was falling. The police had to use riot shields to protect fire officers with breathing equipment when they were trying to enter the building.

There was no separate fire escape, the stairwell was narrow and they had problems pumping water in. Was the order to escape rather than wait given too late when they realised that the fire was spreading too quickly, possibly but I suspect that many had already been overcome by smoke long before that (which was about 2 hours after the first 999 call went in).

• On 18 February 2019 at 20:15, Great Guy said:
    • This is on channel 4. The nasty nasty nasty fire brigade basically forced people into the burning building.

13 hours ago, man o' the year said:

It seems to me that there is some truth in the Dispatches program and I know that had I lost family in the Grenfell fire I would have found it impossible to cope with the fact that people were told to stay in their flats until it was too late. 

fire spend.JPG

It's easy to be wise in hindsight. However it was "standard procedure" for residents of a high rise to stay in their flats during a fire. If a senior fireman told people to leave their flats and they died from smoke inhalation he'd be absolutely crucified. 

In ideal conditions it would probably take me a couple of minutes to walk down ten flights of stairs. If the stairwell was covered in smoke and dead bodies it could probably take ten minutes. How long can people hold their breath? Maybe a minute or two?

I think after the fire reached a certain level the people on the top floors were going to die no matter what the fire service did.

I think there are lessons to be learned. However i don't actually think the fire brigade did much wrong on the night of the fire.

Thankfully, due to modern building regulations etc there are very few house fires. I don't see much wrong with the fire service budget being cut.

2 hours ago, Great Guy said:

I think there are lessons to be learned. However i don't actually think the fire brigade did much wrong on the night of the fire.

Thankfully, due to modern building regulations etc there are very few house fires. I don't see much wrong with the fire service budget being cut.

I don't think they did very much wrong on the night.
Their standard "stay where you are" is needed else they can't access the stairs if people are coming down, and they'd spend all their time knocking on doors to get people awake and out. Not fighting fires.
If politicians want to be on call to go and do the knocking up business in future that's fine.
In 99% of cases their policy works. Probably in 99.99% of cases it's fine.
When your block of flats is covered with rubbish which burns then it's a horrendous situation which isn't going to be down to fire brigade unless they get to sign off all building work. 

Whichever building control officer allowed the cladding without querying it properly needs looking at.
Whoever had an odd fire in his flat needs looking at. 
Don't be tough on the fire brigade, be tough on the reasons they had to be there that night.

I don't want politicians putting fires out, I want properly trained and well equipped fire fighters doing that.

Some of the cuts mean they don't sleep in the places any more. They went to chairs not beds a number of years ago. 

On 18/02/2019 at 20:54, Fischer said:

They're full of activists who've come straight out of "university" with a Victim Studies degree. They'll invariably have a far left agenda to push.

Long gone is the time they were manned by journalists with an interest in the objective truth.

I mostly ignore the MSM now. They just want to push 'controversy' and 'issues' but only if this is against safe targets, ie, white British people. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-47898652

A family who survived the Grenfell Tower fire has said they are set to be moved out of their temporary home, as the council will no longer pay for it.

Mahad Egal and Jamie Murray and their two young children want to stay in the property, but Kensington and Chelsea Council has said it is "no longer suitable" and will not renew it.

It has offered the family alternative temporary housing instead.

The council says that it has not threatened anyone with eviction.

The couple has previously been offered a permanent home, but declined it over fears about the use of aluminium, although the council said that all its homes for survivors were safe.

On 20/02/2019 at 15:49, sarahbell said:

I don't think they did very much wrong on the night.

Whichever building control officer allowed the cladding without querying it properly needs looking at.

Maybe look at whoever thought it a good idea to house the third world in one of the most extensive cities in the planet 

3 minutes ago, Dave Bloke said:

Maybe look at whoever thought it a good idea to house the third world in one of the most extensive cities in the planet 

Or even the most expensive B|

2 minutes ago, Chewing Grass said:

Kerching, landlord bailout.

The UK government and you, the gift that keeps giving.

£200m bill to replace Grenfell Tower-type cladding on 150 private high-rise blocks in England is to be met by the government.

Give me some money you fucking wankers.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-48211833

I guessed it was so that landlords and construction companies would not have to sue the fire service for giving them false information on cladding. £200m to sweep it under the carpet.

We must know by now who was responsible for the issuing of safety certificates on the faulty cladding. Why has no-one been prosecuted for corporate manslaughter yet?