• Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

onlyme

London - Grenfell House

4 minutes ago, spygirl said:

Oh dear.

POC not great.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7929303/Key-member-Grenfell-Tower-enquiry-QUITS.html

Youd would have thought shed have mrntioned it earlier....

Thing is, the circle of troughers who sit around on enquires and charitee boards is vanishing small. Bound to happen at some point 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-53320082

The Grenfell Tower fire inquiry "must not ignore" the impact of race and poverty on the disaster, a lawyer representing survivors has said.

Leslie Thomas, who is also representing bereaved families, said the 2017 fire was "inextricably linked with race".

And he urged the inquiry to be on the "right side of history" when considering how the issue contributed towards the deaths of the 72 victims.

The inquiry returned this week after a four-month break due to coronavirus.

"The Grenfell fire did not happen in a vacuum," said Mr Thomas in his opening statement.

"A majority of the Grenfell residents who died were people of colour.

"Grenfell is inextricably linked with race. It is the elephant in the room.

How in fuck?

It happened as  bunch of foreign people, mainly brown n black, were taking the piss on UK migration/ asylum/benefits.

leslie-thomas-large-quote.jpg

43 minutes ago, spygirl said:

"A majority of the Grenfell residents who died were people of colour.

"Grenfell is inextricably linked with race. It is the elephant in the room.

I assume it's because any white people killed in the fire are now slightly less dead, or something. 

On 07/07/2020 at 08:29, Roger_Mellie said:

If racism was really an issue that prime piece of London social housing would have been full of white people. 

The fact the victims were mainly foreign is EXACTLY the reason it can't be racist.

I think their point is that it was not prime enough. All brown gimmigrants should be given their own mansion in Chelsea. 

27 minutes ago, sarahbell said:

Hasn’t Khan fucked off yet?  Time he did. Remind me, how many public transport workers were killed (well died with) CV because he didn’t do his job in protecting them?  Was that racist?  Oh, don’t answer that as the virus is very clearly racist. 

country has collectively lost the plot. 

5 minutes ago, eta-carinae said:

Thanks for that Mr Thomas.

FIRE-TRIANGLE-300x300.png

I remember that bloody triangle from Fire Safety mandatory training at a place I worked once when I was much younger.  The guy doing the training was very into it and used to scare us all half to death about things like never putting on your washing machine and then leaving the house or you'll come home to a pile of burnt out rubble.  And never store cardboard boxes in your house.   He was absolutely obsessed.

3 hours ago, stop_the_craziness said:

I remember that bloody triangle from Fire Safety mandatory training at a place I worked once when I was much younger.  The guy doing the training was very into it and used to scare us all half to death about things like never putting on your washing machine and then leaving the house or you'll come home to a pile of burnt out rubble.  And never store cardboard boxes in your house.   He was absolutely obsessed.

That's why I store all my stuff in firelighters.