• Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
Turned Out Nice Again

The Doomer meme

Posted (edited)

I was already aware of the Japanese Hikikomori (socially isolated) and Sōshoku danshi (Herbivore men), the Korean Sampo (giving-up) generation and of course MGTOW/ TFL/ Incel in the West but not until recently the latest meme of "Doomers" - roughly characterized as "depressed blackPilled bachelors".

Basically, a man who has little to no social life, crap job, and has more or less given up on life and is living like a zombie. He wants a girfriend, good job etc., but can't make it happen. As a result he spends his free time wandering the internet, and wandering around outside. 

Worringly close to home.

c13.png

3f3.jpg

Edited by Turned Out Nice Again

Posted (edited)

Well give me some likes you fucking Normie cunts!

(I'm not angry, OK?)

1 hour ago, billfunk said:

So, depression then.

Why the need to invent a new word for it?

It's different, not a mental illness. Also either sex can get depressed but there are no female Doomers. It's more like Satre's "Nausea"

“Nothing happens while you live. The scenery changes, people come in and go out, that's all. There are no beginnings. Days are tacked on to days without rhyme or reason, an interminable, monotonous addition.” 

“The Nausea has not left me and I don't believe it will leave me so soon; but I no longer have to bear it, it is no longer an illness or a passing fit: it is I.” 

“Every existing thing is born without reason, prolongs itself out of weakness and dies by chance.” 
-- Jean-Paul Sartre, Nausea

“The component of male lived experience that is wholly inaccessible to women, more than any other, is the colossal and abyssal apathy of the universe towards you. Women cannot relate to this”

A woman can never know of the consummate coldness of the universe, for man and woman alike feel the overpowering, all-consuming need to care for women; Woman thinks that she has been controlled by man, but in fact there is no difference between control and protection

She never even glimpses the contours of masculine reality. And because she does not feel the coldness of the universe, because man has always put her in the safest, warmest, most interior place, next to the food and the fire, she cannot see the world as he sees it, as mechanism."
[Anon]

Oh so that's the name for the moderately depressed state of mind I've found myself in for the last 10+ years worrying and complaining about things I can't change while the rest of the world hasn't wasted a second thinking about such things as this.

* logs out *

image.png.34121cab1eb220f7eaa00834f8f9114b.png

19 minutes ago, billfunk said:

So, depression then.

Why the need to invent a new word for it?

Indeed.

Dissatisfaction with one’s life is normal for many humans and always has been, IMO.

Personally my dissatisfaction with the state of the uk and wider world has increased markedly over the last fifteen years or so due to the ever obvious deterioration in errrmmm......everything.

The only antidote I have is to limit online time to mainly evenings and get out walking and focusing on my own world to feel contented.

13 hours ago, JoeDavola said:

Oh so that's the name for the moderately depressed state of mind I've found myself in for the last 10+ years worrying and complaining about things I can't change while the rest of the world hasn't wasted a second thinking about such things as this.

* logs out *

image.png.34121cab1eb220f7eaa00834f8f9114b.png

Great Rush Live album. 

1 hour ago, Frank Hovis said:

Brief and powerless is Man's life; on him and all his race the slow, sure doom falls pitiless and dark.

Bertrand Russell

Read that in a Yoda voice.

The graphic in the OP refers to a 'normie'. I'm not sure anyone over the age of about 13 uses that sort of term.

In the anonymous world of the Internet, the narrative can be set by pubescent pre-teens.

(I am 11).

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Happy Renting said:

The graphic in the OP refers to a 'normie'. I'm not sure anyone over the age of about 13 uses that sort of term.

In the anonymous world of the Internet, the narrative can be set by pubescent pre-teens.

(I am 11).

??? That's your 3rd useless virtue-signalling post on this thread HR. You seem hopelessly out-of-touch on this (and triggered). It's patently NOT a <13 meme. Educate yourself.

https://knowyourmeme.com/memes/doomer

1 hour ago, Happy Renting said:

(I am 11).

I know multiple people who use the term in seriousness, in their 20s and 30s.