• Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

My favourite word is "fungible". Though I've never used it in conversation or email... One day though...

"Fungibility is the ability of a good or asset to be interchanged with other individual goods or assets of the same type. Assets that are fungible are ...exchangeable for each other and simplify the exchange and trade processes, as fungibility implies equal value between the assets."

Posted (edited)
25 minutes ago, dgul said:

Peccadillo.

noun  A small nocturnal insectivorous mammal native to Central and South America.

It's a minor sin,

Edited by Byron
site merged separate posts in error

Verisimilitude - Verisimilitude (or truthlikeness) is a philosophical concept that distinguishes between the relative and apparent (or seemingly so) truth and falsity of assertions and hypotheses. The problem of verisimilitude is the problem of articulating what it takes for one false theory to be closer to the truth than another false theory.

Cockwomble

Male-directed insult. Also describes the tendency to rummage in your underwear massaging ones genitals as if looking for litter to pick up (hence womble )

I like the words "coloured" and "woman". I quite like the word "black" too in certain circumstances. I really like the word "actress".There are a lot of words like this I like.  I am old fashioned I know and I am none of those words but some people don't like those words. In fact anyone who is not offended by certain words seems to run a minefield nowadays everytime they open their mouth.

Other people who may be offended by such words are not. But then again some people who I expect will be offended by any of these words seem court being offended. I tend not to respect these people.

The word "amber" I like a little more today although the word "abbot" (sic) has long since been less favourable.