• Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sideysid

Captain Farcical blatant review manipulation

We are officially in 1984. Rotten Tomatoes (or ordered by Disney) pulled down any previous negative reviews and disabled them before the films release.

Not content with that, it now seems <someone> is bot spamming masses of identical positive reviews to combat any negative ones.

Edited by Sideysid

Hmm.  I'm not sure it's Disney.

I think there are a pile of SJW types that have bid the score up entirely because of the message, and these have been countered by a campaign to pull the score down.  This then became a battle and there's been massive numbers of made up reviews thrown in.

[I don't think it is Disney as they're generally much better at misdirecting the public]

I don't get the problem -- it's just a crappy movie.  People will have moved on in a few months (to the next stupid thing).

[I think that these years (about 2010 to 2020) will be regarded as 'crazy times' by the mid 2020's]

I saw about 54,000 audience reviews on there yesterday, the vast majority negative. I went back a few hours later and 50,000 had just disappeared. Incredible.

Doomcock made a video last night where he pontee out that RT just killed their own site.

Interesting how we are seeing any criticism being shut down. The employed critics hardly ever write negative reviews today - either they work for companies owned by the big studios or they are shut out from early screenings and all those luxury trips if they criticise a film. 

That is bad enough but now they are shutting down people on YouTube and, as we are discussing here, allegedly deleting tens of thousands of people's views.

What a world we are now in.

I can already tell whether a film is good or not, by checking whether I would watch it again. These high budget "action" films are always overhyped, and I am quite sick of spandex encrusted superheroes. Just seems to be the fashion. In the 50s it was all cowboy fims.

32 minutes ago, The Masked Tulip said:

I saw about 54,000 audience reviews on there yesterday, the vast majority negative. I went back a few hours later and 50,000 had just disappeared. Incredible.

Doomcock made a video last night where he pontee out that RT just killed their own site.

Interesting how we are seeing any criticism being shut down. The employed critics hardly ever write negative reviews today - either they work for companies owned by the big studios or they are shut out from early screenings and all those luxury trips if they criticise a film. 

That is bad enough but now they are shutting down people on YouTube and, as we are discussing here, allegedly deleting tens of thousands of people's views.

What a world we are now in.

Every time they do something like this, they erode trust in the establishment. 

It has got to the point where I believe nothing at face value and question everything. I am not the only one. They are engineering their own demise. Once that trust is gone, why would anyone believe what the say or their fake reviews? 

Online recommendations are good for some things but not others. I use them often for real ale pubs in towns new to me. Every town has always one good pub minimum, but can be tough to find by walking around. 

Just now, One percent said:

It has got to the point where I believe nothing at face value and question everything. I am not the only one. They are engineering their own demise. Once that trust is gone, why would anyone believe what the say or their fake reviews? 

I now have a policy of avoiding companies who brag about their trustpilot scores. (Other dodgy review sites are available).

2 minutes ago, Option5 said:

I now have a policy of avoiding companies who brag about their trustpilot scores. (Other dodgy review sites are available).

Ah yes, I have misgivings about these sites.

5 minutes ago, Option5 said:

I only buy from recognised companies on the internet.  I do use the ratings for the actual thing I’m buying but beginning to also trust that less. 

51 minutes ago, dgul said:

[I think that these years (about 2010 to 2020) will be regarded as 'crazy times' by the mid 2020's]

Well the 20th Century had the roaring twenties, we've got the Terrible teens no doubt to be followed by the Gullible Twenties

22 minutes ago, Frank Hovis said:

The film was mentioned just now on the radio, he quoted Will Gompertz' review which said it is about as exciting as watching Windows 95 load.

Jesus, that's richer than George Soros.

1 hour ago, MrPin said:

I can already tell whether a film is good or not, by checking whether I would watch it again. These high budget "action" films are always overhyped, and I am quite sick of spandex encrusted superheroes. Just seems to be the fashion. In the 50s it was all cowboy fims.

I enjoyed Marvel Comics as a 12 year old but adults should really be watching something a bit more grown up. I find it interesting that feminists, SJW and the PC brigade are so keen to have this format ideologically made over. Are they trying to brainwash 12 year old boys because I think girls of all ages are going to choose Frozen over Captain Marvel if given the choice. Sad really as Hollywood made some great women’s films in its heyday (All About Eve being one of the best) which covered interesting topics. Now films seem to contain more spandex than the Tour De France.

1 hour ago, One percent said:

All very Soviet era!

28 minutes ago, LC1 said:

Fake Amazon reviews are getting out of hand these days. They're easy to spot, so it's obvious that Amazon just turns a blind eye to it.

As bad as Argos reviews ?

These women are just insane. Dangerous, in fact. If they allowed anywhere near power they will put in place the world envisaged by Orwell in 1984:

Brianna Wu Calls for Government Legislation In Response to Negative Captain Marvel “Reviews”

https://boundingintocomics.com/2019/03/07/brianna-wu-calls-for-government-legislation-in-response-to-negative-captain-marvel-reviews/

1 hour ago, Errol said:

These women are just insane. Dangerous, in fact. If they allowed anywhere near power they will put in place the world envisaged by Orwell in 1984:

Brianna Wu Calls for Government Legislation In Response to Negative Captain Marvel “Reviews”

https://boundingintocomics.com/2019/03/07/brianna-wu-calls-for-government-legislation-in-response-to-negative-captain-marvel-reviews/

yes govt response to shite.

never heard of her, but she looks crazed, and appears to have 4 eyes.

Edited by leonardratso