• Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
One percent

Best get used to chewing vedge and great big slabs of meat - no knives for you

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/uk/asda-to-remove-kitchen-knives-from-sale-by-end-of-april-amid-concerns-over-knife-crime-a4087146.html

Asda has announced it will stop selling kitchen knives by the end of April in response to concerns over knife crime.

The supermarket chain confirmed knives will be removed from all stores.

“The decision to stop selling these items comes in response to rising concerns about knife crime in the UK, particularly those involving children and young people,” a spokesman for the supermarket chain said in a statement. 

It follows a recent spate of fatal stabbings, with five people killed by knives in London in the past week alone.

So how long will it be before we, the general public cannot buy a knife?

Again, a little bit of our freedom is eroded.  

I'm a bit of a keen cook and have some expensive kitchen knives which are sharpened and honed regularly.  They are coming for my Wusthof knives  o.O

It is a bonkers reaction.  The problem has absolutely nothing to do with the easy availability of knives, and won't be resolved by restricting access by any amount.

8 minutes ago, dgul said:

It is a bonkers reaction.  The problem has absolutely nothing to do with the easy availability of knives, and won't be resolved by restricting access by any amount.

IT serves the purpose though - makes it look like they are doing something.

Call it either virtue signalling or burning whilst Rome burns.  Take your pick  O.o

50 minutes ago, dgul said:

So the crims will just go to Tesco instead.

And failing that, they will just make them from scraps of steel.

How about addressing the real issue - why is it that these young people are going around stabbing others?

That's a joke surely?

It's like a Not the Nine O'clock News story.

I'm not an expert but things like bread knives, for example, are far too thin and flexible to be chosen as a stabbing weapon of choice. I heard a policemen say on the radio that anyone using a bread knife to stab somebody stands a good chance of having the bread knife bend and snap so that they end up stabbing themselves.

1 minute ago, Frank Hovis said:

That's a joke surely?

It's like a Not the Nine O'clock News story.

I'm not an expert but things like bread knives, for example, are far too thin and flexible to be chosen as a stabbing weapon of choice. I heard a policemen say on the radio that anyone using a bread knife to stab somebody stands a good chance of having the bread knife bend and snap so that they end up stabbing themselves.

Half true news as perverted by click obsessed media.

Single kitchen knives are the most frequently stolen knives, Asda said, prompting the decision to stop their sale by the end of April.

The store said it would continue to sell multipacks of knives.

Bearing in mind ASDA stores are generally in what have become shittier locations this is quite revealing as to the mentality of some of the clientèle.

6 minutes ago, Chewing Grass said:

Half true news as perverted by click obsessed media.

Single kitchen knives are the most frequently stolen knives, Asda said, prompting the decision to stop their sale by the end of April.

The store said it would continue to sell multipacks of knives.

Bearing in mind ASDA stores are generally in what have become shittier locations this is quite revealing as to the mentality of some of the clientèle.

Thanks, that makes a lot more sense.

1 hour ago, One percent said:

The government has announced it will stop importing kitchen knife abusers by the end of April in response to concerns over knife crime.

The government confirmed third worlder knife wielders will be removed from our shores.

“The decision to stop bringing these people in is in response to rising concerns about knife crime in the UK, particularly those involving children and young people,” a spokesman for the government said in a statement. 

It follows a recent spate of fatal stabbings, with five people killed by knives in London in the past week alone.

....said no one ever. 

Posted (edited)

they could have pool knives, you know with the id number ground off and the ownership documents altered professionally by an underworld forger,

or rentals. maybe.

Edited by leonardratso

Stop and search had a big impact on knife crime ,it was deemed to be racist because it was mainly black people being stopped and searched so it was stopped ,now we have mainly black people stabbing each other left right and centre....if there was ever a case of you reap what you sew  

Why not just ban them in the stabby areas? I’m sure shoppers at  Asda Bodmin and 99% of the rest of the country want to buy knives to cut food, not stab each other.

7 minutes ago, Reck B said:

Why not just ban them in the stabby areas? I’m sure shoppers at  Asda Bodmin and 99% of the rest of the country want to buy knives to cut food, not stab each other.

Mind if you want a decent knife, the last place to go would be Asda. 

I ordered one of these a few years back from the local hardwear store to create some woodland paths, I got it home in a backpack. I think I would probably have to think twice about carrying such a weapon these days.

GT56.jpg.26d35743478a87b33434ac1532888356.jpg

Posted (edited)

There must be hundreds of millions of knives in kitchens all over the UK not to mention workplaces 

its like guns in the US 

they'll never collect them all in 

edit to add:

they never seem to display the types of blades used in all these street murders? my guess is common or garden kitchen knives are not being used at all ,

because the non survivabilty traits being exhibited in these daily stabbings are not comensurate with cheap bendy bread & kitchen carving knives, its more like machetes and axes tbh 

these are "hacked" rather than stabbed outcomes 

Edited by WorkingPoor

10 minutes ago, WorkingPoor said:

There must be hundreds of millions of knives in kitchens all over the UK not to mention workplaces 

its like guns in the US 

they'll never collect them all in 

They will have to prise  my wusthof from my cold dead hands  o.O

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, One percent said:

They will have to prise  my wusthof from my cold dead hands  o.O

when the police have a "knife amnesty" its little old ladies who turn up with a ww2 bayonet they had in the loft looking for a chat with a nice police sargeant 

Edited by WorkingPoor

Just now, WorkingPoor said:

when the police have an "knife amnesty" its little old ladies who turn up with a ww2 bayonet they had in the loft looking for chat with a nice police sargeant 

Hey who you calling a little old lady?  o.O

My then 23yo daughter was refused sale of plastic picnic utensils because she could not prove she was over 18.

When I looked into it, I saw that the shop was acting correctly in accordance with UK law.

Thanks to this sensible legislation many cucumber sandwiches were saved from butchery.

18 minutes ago, Errol said:

They will just use sharpened bits of metal or screwdrivers. Or a hammer, which is also a decent enough weapon.

This is the simple truth 

People get stabbed in prison. If the prison authorities can't keep a lid on that under prison conditions, then we know that we can make day to day life as controlled and limited as being in prison and people will still be being stabbed.

43 minutes ago, SpectrumFX said:

This is the simple truth 

People get stabbed in prison. If the prison authorities can't keep a lid on that under prison conditions, then we know that we can make day to day life as controlled and limited as being in prison and people will still be being stabbed.

Ain't dat da truf...

People who supply illegal drugs across the uk by importing them from Columbia will now have to kill each other with rocks because ASDA will only sell them knives two at a time.

Really. WTF! xD