• Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
stokiescum

is this legal

recently discovered a friend of mine rents 2 bedrooms out in his terrace and basicly has the spare downstares room has his,he only stays one night a week.his logic is that theres no need for all the landlord shit and if they give him grief he can just ring the police no need to piss about geting them evicted.both are paying 300 a month.he says its still under the threshold to declare it has income.

meanwhile he realy lives 2 streets away in another terrace and is on about geting a lodger in there has well.he pays the council tax in both houses and water rates but the first house has gas and lecky cards.is he realy legal doing this or in a grey area.ps he owns the first house outright.

2 minutes ago, stokiescum said:

recently discovered a friend of mine rents 2 bedrooms out in his terrace and basicly has the spare downstares room has his,he only stays one night a week.his logic is that theres no need for all the landlord shit and if they give him grief he can just ring the police no need to piss about geting them evicted.both are paying 300 a month.he says its still under the threshold to declare it has income.

meanwhile he realy lives 2 streets away in another terrace and is on about geting a lodger in there has well.he pays the council tax in both houses and water rates but the first house has gas and lecky cards.is he realy legal doing this or in a grey area.ps he owns the first house outright.

Laws to protect bith parties.

If they are tenants they need rent books.

He has to declare rental income, even if theres no tax due.

Hes also invalidated his insurance.

1 minute ago, spygirl 🏆 said:

ive got a lodger do i actualy need one,has far has i understand it i can get him out within hours if i feel like it.he is basicly doing the same thing has me he told me they think he works away a lot lol.

4 minutes ago, stokiescum said:

ive got a lodger do i actualy need one,has far has i understand it i can get him out within hours if i feel like it.he is basicly doing the same thing has me he told me they think he works away a lot lol.

Youll be ok - rent a room.

Its whrn you are not present in house.

9 minutes ago, spygirl 🏆 said:

He can use the rent-a-room allowance of £7000 p.a. but he will need to declare it on his tax return.

1 minute ago, the gardener said:

He can use the rent-a-room allowance of £7000 p.a. but he will need to declare it on his tax return.

yes thats what he does,i think he said he lets them off for a couple of weeks at christmas to just stay under the declaring it figure.but i very much doubt he is declareing it on a tax return has i dont think he has gone into it in great detail.i think it started off has a lodger ,then the lodgers mate.he realy does work away but not has much has he claims.i think he just saw it has free money.i didnt want to press him to hard on the matter.he has a morgage on the other house where he realy lives he just sees it has a simpler way of renting it out.

14 minutes ago, spygirl 🏆 said:

Youll be ok - rent a room.

Its whrn you are not present in house.

he is regestered has liveing there not sure how that works with council tax,i know he pays the full amount unless he has put just the lodgers down there ,either way both lodgers think its where he lives but he works away.all the furniture etc is his he even takes his turn buying the milk lol.

Edited by stokiescum

Back to 1996... East Finchley, recently divorced landlady living in the lounge, myself and two other tenants occupying the bedrooms, all sharing the kitchen. Landlady has auction property leaflets on the kitchen table - very savy woman!

25 minutes ago, leonardratso said:

are you that bothered? he gets cash, they get cheap accomodation, if its not legal then probably everyone loses all the advantages they currently have if its brought to the fore.

im not bothered at all,in fact i look for the pitfalls before i do anything.ive another friend in telford that rents 3 rooms out in his 3 bed house  and he lives in a boarded out atic.he only rents to people on social btw and declares it.i think the max in telford is the same in stoke 75 a week.

anyway of depriveing the system is good in my book and if you can make a house pay for itself its even better,its not for everyone but if you can tolerate it ,its free cash.ive had my lodger 2 years and in that time he has given me around 5200 tax free which ive knocked off my morgage and im not paying interest on it now.its win win.

1 minute ago, stokiescum said:

im not bothered at all,in fact i look for the pitfalls before i do anything.ive another friend in telford that rents 3 rooms out in his 3 bed house  and he lives in a boarded out atic.he only rents to people on social btw and declares it.i think the max in telford is the same in stoke 75 a week.

anyway of depriveing the system is good in my book and if you can make a house pay for itself its even better,its not for everyone but if you can tolerate it ,its free cash.ive had my lodger 2 years and in that time he has given me around 5200 tax free which ive knocked off my morgage and im not paying interest on it now.its win win.

and is he good at blow-jobs? asking for a friend (XXY).

Edited by leonardratso

9 minutes ago, leonardratso said:

and is he good at blow-jobs?

i doubt it,but i can ask for you.mrs xxy says im good with my tongue though.in a rather gruff voice.in between takeing the tops off newcastle brown bottles with her teeth.

Edited by stokiescum

27 minutes ago, stokiescum said:

i doubt it,but i can ask for you.mrs xxy says im good with my tongue though.in a rather gruff voice.in between takeing the tops off newcastle brown bottles with her teeth.

you should be asking if this is legal. Or even moral, bestiality is still an offence in this country if im not mistaken.

https://vnnforum.com/showthread.php?t=7233

at least it was a couplea decade ago in hull, but hull is a strange place so i wouldnt take that as proof of anything.

Actually i think that might be an early carl fimble blog looking at the rest of it.

Edited by leonardratso

10 minutes ago, leonardratso said:

you should be asking if this is legal. Or even moral, bestiality is still an offence in this country if im not mistaken.

https://vnnforum.com/showthread.php?t=7233

at least it was a couplea decade ago in hull, but hull is a strange place so i wouldnt take that as proof of anything.

Actually i think that might be an early carl fimble blog looking at the rest of it.

it could be worse you could be liveing in a camper van in spain and its heat looking at a bucket of your own piss every morning and saying to yourself im liveing the dream.

Rent a room is pretty much free money - if you count free money as having strange people in your house.

I know a bloke who operates a anupwardly mobile flophouse.

Basically hes got a big - 10 bedroom guesthouse/big house in Scabby.

Hes a self contained flat at the top - what would have been owenrs flats.

The rest of the house is kitted out as soemthing 5 large rooms and a couple of lougers and a large kitchen.

He lts out to poor sod old blokes - sort of like very poor divorced bloeks or just blokes living off social.

He is very very very selective about who gets in.

One, he avoids drinkers. A lot of social housed older bloekrs, even if not tramps, drink enought at times to cause problems.

Drinkings not banned. getting slaughtered and all the shit that comes from is.

And he keeps the balance of the blokes living there in place - going for quieter, jnon idiots.

A few are on social. A few have (crap) jobs.

I think he charges ~200/200ish to 400 month rent, giving him about 2/k month income plus money from his job.

The bloeks get somewhere to live - the house is relatively basic. But theres a group telly, kitchens good, 3 fridges. etc etc.

I was in similar when working in London. Large building, 5 floors of flats, Each flat had 2 beds in the bedrooms and living rooms, so 8 tenants in a 3 bed flat. No bills and only £35 a week, London 1991.