• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
The Masked Tulip

Bus explodes in Stockholm

7 minutes ago, The Masked Tulip said:

Sounds very odd for a bus or coach to have a petrol tank on the roof - anyone know whether such a thing exists?

I was under the impression that the strange aerodynamic pods on bus roofs were for gas cylinders (LPG gas, not gasoline).

1 minute ago, dgul said:

I was under the impression that the strange aerodynamic pods on bus roofs were for gas cylinders (LPG gas, not gasoline).

Where have you seen that? I don't recall seeing any on any of the buses local to me - think they are all diesel.

Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, The Masked Tulip said:

Where have you seen that? I don't recall seeing any on any of the buses local to me - think they are all diesel.

This sort of thing:

citaro-ngt-3-w614xh345-cutout.jpg

There are a few around here (I think I've seen them in Bath), but I've mainly seen them in other countries (perhaps simply a big city thing).

[eds  -- it's Reading that's got the things]

Edited by dgul

1 minute ago, The Generation Game said:

There was an LPG bus here in CZ that effectively spontaneously combusted back in 2010. Again, there were no passengers on board that bus but it happened next to a bus stop of waiting passengers. 

Sounds horiffic.

1 hour ago, dgul said:

This sort of thing:

citaro-ngt-3-w614xh345-cutout.jpg

There are a few around here (I think I've seen them in Bath), but I've mainly seen them in other countries (perhaps simply a big city thing).

[eds  -- it's Reading that's got the things]

They had buzz bombs in WW2, are these buzzes German by any chance.

Posted (edited)
13 hours ago, The Masked Tulip said:

Wow - look at this. Apparently they do have ethanol gas driven buses in Stockholm. Thankfully it appears that, by chance, it was empty.

Single deck bus.  Bridge must be low.  No bridge visible so did the driver continue through it or reverse?

Edited by twocents

Just now, twocents said:

Single deck bus.  Bridge must be low.  No bridge visible so did they continue through it or reverse?

That metal tower, halfway down the bus on the pavement, perhaps is a support for a low barrier to stop high vehicles driving underneath what appear to be tunnels under buildings???

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, The Masked Tulip said:

That metal tower, halfway down the bus on the pavement, perhaps is a support for a low barrier to stop high vehicles driving underneath what appear to be tunnels under buildings???

Yes it looks like the bus didn't get as far as the actual tunnel otherwise the building above might have been set alight.

Edited by twocents