• Welcome to DOSBODS

     

    DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

    Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

     

Harley

Jackboot Britain!

Recommended Posts

So I go to look at my email and there's an on-screen banner advert:

DVLA: "We're clamping untaxed cars in your area........"  and "If yours isn't taxed it could be next...."

Regardless of the subject, this just sums up the nature of the State's increasingly authoritarian relationship with it's citizens.  Totally inappropriate and unecessary language.  That they think it is acceptable just shows how bad things have become in their relationship with us and the lost idea of thier power being granted through delegation and consent.  Surely something that'll only get worse. 

Have you seen any similar examples?

Edited by Harley

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The trouble with these things is that they'll always end up going after the easy targets.  In this case there'll be loads of stories of cars  impounded where the tax wasn't paid after hospitalisation etc.  The sub-community which never pays will continue to get away with it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, ashestoashes said:

I don't get these, had you been searching for something about tax avoidance ?

It appeared when I was reading my (free) email.

8 minutes ago, One percent said:

I’m ok with this. It’s a tax that the law abiding pay. They can knock themselves out going after those that don’t. 

I'm referring to the manner, not the merits of the subject.  Many ways to approach the problem without such threatening language to all, mostly law abiding citizens.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, The XYY Man said:

E-mails from British Gas demanding that I provide them with readings from my meters within seven days.

Fuck off you cheeky cunts - I'll read them when I can be fucking arsed..!

And believe me, that's not going to be any time soon...

XYY

......And the badgering and (a lot) worse I've had from ANO about getting a smart meter.  Problem solved - complaint with Ofgen and I switched.

Edited by Harley

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, The XYY Man said:

E-mails from British Gas demanding that I provide them with readings from my meters within seven days.

Fuck off you cheeky cunts - I'll read them when I can be fucking arsed..!

And believe me, that's not going to be any time soon...

 

XYY

Don`t tell me the hoover is stuck on the meter again

 

Edited by Long time lurking

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Harley said:

So I go to look at my email and there's an on-screen banner advert:

DVLA: "We're clamping untaxed cars in your area........"  and "If yours isn't taxed it could be next...."

Regardless of the subject, this just sums up the nature of the State's increasingly authoritarian relationship with it's citizens.  Totally inappropriate and unecessary language.  That they think it is acceptable just shows how bad things have become in their relationship with us and the lost idea of thier power being granted through delegation and consent.  Surely something that'll only get worse. 

Have you seen any similar examples?

It tells me that more and more people are opting out of paying taxes, TV licences, and ignoring private parking charges etc, and so the demanding letters are getting more and more 'desperate' as the money is no longer rolling in.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Hopeful said:

It tells me that more and more people are opting out of paying taxes, TV licences, and ignoring private parking charges etc, and so the demanding letters are getting more and more 'desperate' as the money is no longer rolling in.

It was easy to winkle money from Arthur Dent at 42 Acacia Avenue, Wilmslow.

He worked at the bank, had a wife, 3 kids, a mortgage, and a golf club membership.

There were local papers delivering shame from magistrates through every letter box.

Now not only have the papers gone so has Arthur.

Mohammad Mohammed rents a flat for six months at a time, then moves on. He doesn't have a wife and kids, he doesn't play golf.

He doesn't give a fuck about paying fines.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Bedrag Justesen said:

It was easy to winkle money from Arthur Dent at 42 Acacia Avenue, Wilmslow.

He worked at the bank, had a wife, 3 kids, a mortgage, and a golf club membership.

There were local papers delivering shame from magistrates through every letter box.

Now not only have the papers gone so has Arthur.

Mohammad Mohammed rents a flat at 42-1G Acacia Ave. for six months, then moves on. He doesn't have a wife and kids, he doesn't play golf.

He doesn't give a fuck about paying fines.

Edited to be closer to the craphole we've created.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, stokiescum said:

Saw 3 in my street last week clamped but playing devils advocat to be taxed don’t u need to be insured and mot Ed maybe if your not insured your tax is invalid so they can clamp you 

That is the LAW citizen. Three months iso-cubes!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Frank Hovis said:

All the So-Called BBC licence threatening letters telling you what will happen in court despite their not knowing whether you have committed an offence.

Yes. They are extremely quick to send these letters once a licence fee payer moves out of a property. I was extremely annoyed at the tone of these standard letters on my last two moves.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, One percent said:

I’m ok with this. It’s a tax that the law abiding pay. They can knock themselves out going after those that don’t. 

Unless your Muslim, and then you can register all the cars in your illegal taxi firm, plus all of your family and local community, to some poor 95 year old 250 miles away, who doesn't know he owns 600 cars. Beyond this you can then drive and park with impunity, and without any tax or insurance (because car insurance is banned under Islamic law anyway).

The authorities will never chase you because A) they can't find you, and B) they're scared of being called racist. Far easier to go after Jo Bloggs the honest tax payer, when he/she runs over on their VED or insurance by a few days, because Mr/Mrs Bloggs is easy to trace, as they're on "the system". Whilst Achmed the terrorist came in on the underside of a 44 tonne truck and whilst they know he's here illegal and living in a large flammable tower block, they'd rather the public didn't find out.

Don't even get  me started on community driving license services, why learn when someone who also looks vaguely like a post box, can do your test for you?

Edited by Snark

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Bedrag Justesen said:

It was easy to winkle money from Arthur Dent at 42 Acacia Avenue, Wilmslow.

He worked at the bank, had a wife, 3 kids, a mortgage, and a golf club membership.

There were local papers delivering shame from magistrates through every letter box.

Now not only have the papers gone so has Arthur.

Mohammad Mohammed rents a flat for six months at a time, then moves on. He doesn't have a wife and kids, he doesn't play golf.

He doesn't give a fuck about paying fines.

I've learned a lot from multiculturalism,

every clould has a silver lining, 'n all

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Sgt Hartman said:

Yup. I've had that when dealing with Housing Association clowns. They dropped more than one serious bollock when we were trying to get them to sort out their shitbag of a tenant however when we asked to have the recordings replayed they were magically nowhere to be found. 

Quelle surprise.

Professionally I don't think I've ever been to a company and the whole call recording thing isn't a total mess. Lost tapes or more often than not the system simply not working at all. 

If you were ever making a call that was potentially important record it yourself, not sure how you stand legally there, would be interested to know... I don't mean you recording calls generally but recording the call in the knowledge that a prompted has already been given by their side.

So come the inevitable issue and "we have lost the tape" you can say no problem I recorded it as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, gilf said:

Professionally I don't think I've ever been to a company and the whole call recording thing isn't a total mess. Lost tapes or more often than not the system simply not working at all. 

If you were ever making a call that was potentially important record it yourself, not sure how you stand legally there, would be interested to know... I don't mean you recording calls generally but recording the call in the knowledge that a prompted has already been given by their side.

So come the inevitable issue and "we have lost the tape" you can say no problem I recorded it as well.

There's free and effective call recording app on Android and must be on iPhone too. Work's seamlessly logging and ID'ing calls as they occur in the background.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Bedrag Justesen said:

It was easy to winkle money from Arthur Dent at 42 Acacia Avenue, Wilmslow.

He worked at the bank, had a wife, 3 kids, a mortgage, and a golf club membership.

There were local papers delivering shame from magistrates through every letter box.

Now not only have the papers gone so has Arthur.

You made that up but guugle reckons you are right and 42 Acacia Ave, Wilmslow exists (or does it?)

846064341_Screenshotfrom2019-03-1118-15-28.png.8335f3c9a35259f7574149f184aa909c.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We returned to Stansted after a few days in Amsterdam. After being fleeced for about £12 for two stale baguettes and orange "juice" that was nothing of the sort, the announcer piped up:

"Please do not let your children ride on the luggage trolleys. Luggage trolleys are for luggage."

I mouthed the words "I'm not fifteen years old. Why don't you just f*** off"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, gilf said:

Professionally I don't think I've ever been to a company and the whole call recording thing isn't a total mess. Lost tapes or more often than not the system simply not working at all. 

If you were ever making a call that was potentially important record it yourself, not sure how you stand legally there, would be interested to know... I don't mean you recording calls generally but recording the call in the knowledge that a prompted has already been given by their side.

So come the inevitable issue and "we have lost the tape" you can say no problem I recorded it as well.

In the UK, you can record calls that you are a party to. You are not obliged to form the other party/parties, it is just a courtesy.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.