• Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
Rare Bear

I've forgot what company I'm insured with.

4 minutes ago, Rare Bear said:

I know that I'm insured. I've put the paperwork somewhere safe while I redecorated. How do I find out whom I'm insured with?

Transaction detailing  on bank statement if debit card used?

Any follow up emails / marketing emails from an insurance company? Any quotes / policy by email / sign ups for online quoting systems?

Edited by onlyme

45 minutes ago, Rare Bear said:

I know that I'm insured. I've put the paperwork somewhere safe while I redecorated. How do I find out whom I'm insured with?

I think the police could tell you maybe, unless all they can tell is whether it is or isn’t insured. 

Otherwise either wait until the renewal time and see who gets in touch, or trawl through bank statements and emails looking for last years payment, as others have said before me. 

Or, crash into something and see what happens then. 

Wait- no, don’t do any of the above- simply go here :

https://www.mib.org.uk/managing-insurance-data/the-motor-insurance-database-mid/

and they will tell you, for a “small fee”  

That’s according to this bit I read online :

How can I check if my car is insured? 

The easiest way to find out if your car is insured is to check your registration number against the Motor Insurer’s Database (MID). This is a national register of all the cars insured in the UK. The search is free to run, with a small fee for additional details like the insurance provider’s name and general policy details.”

Edited by Carl Fimble
Adding the last paragraph

3 hours ago, Rare Bear said:

It's Royal Son Allianice you daft bugger.  Your policy is AP49871.  Call us on 0330 100 0591 answer some security questions (you do still remember your first pet don't you?) and we'll post you a copy policy.  Hope you've not lost the the keys as well though, or we're paying nowt.

PS: What colour paint?

Edited by Harley