• Welcome to DOSBODS

     

    DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

    Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

     

Sign in to follow this  
sancho panza

Trump Blackmails Germany With Sanction Threats Over Nord Stream 2

Recommended Posts

EU US trade war?

 

https://moneymaven.io/mishtalk/economics/trump-blackmails-germany-with-sanction-threats-over-nord-stream-2-tvWVjwRnrEGS2XEk4AWceg/

Nord Stream 2, a gas pipeline project connecting Germany to Russia beneath the Baltic sea, hasTrump hopping mad.

Angela Merkel and her advisers, before a visit to the White House last spring, agreed on a priority: Avoid talk of Nord Stream 2. The German-Russian pipeline project had been a bone of contention between Berlin and Washington, which fears it will make Europe’s largest economy excessively reliant on Russian energy.

When the German chancellor took her seat at the Oval Office table, though, President Trump left her nowhere to hide. “Angela,” he said, according to people in the room, “you got to stop buying gas from Putin.”

The dispute is coming to a head, in a graphic example of how Russia’s estrangement from the West, far from bringing its members closer, is driving a wedge between the closest of allies.

“A Russian gas molecule remains a Russian gas molecule,” Ms. Merkel said last month at a Munich conference attended by Vice President Mike Pence, “irrespective whether it comes from Ukraine or from underneath the Baltic Sea.”

Fuel for Discord

https%3A%2F%2Fs3-us-west-2.amazonaws.com
 

Several U.S. officials said Nord Stream 2 sanctions would follow an amendment to existing measures against Russia, the Countering America’s Adversaries Through Sanctions Act. These would target investors and companies contracted to lay pipes, they said.

Russian officials have told Ms. Merkel’s aides U.S. sanctions would prompt Gazprom to buy off the Western companies and complete the pipeline on its own, said German and EU officials and Gazprom representatives.

Gazprom officials said the project’s most complex part had been completed. Should specialized pipe layers be forced out, the project would be delayed and costs would rise, but Gazprom would be able to complete the work, they said. Without Western investors, Russian state-controlled banks would take over, possibly with some Chinese financing, a Gazprom spokesman said.

Blackmail

https%3A%2F%2Fs3-us-west-2.amazonaws.com
 

Germany Correct On All Counts

  1. Trump is blackmailing Germany
  2. A molecule of Russian gas is a molecule of Russian gas
  3. Germany, not the US should decide German security concerns
  4. US LNG would cost a minimum of 20% more
  5. The US cannot be counted on to deliver gas in a timely manner
  6. Nord Stream 2 makes sense.

Disastrous US Foreign Policy

US foreign policy is both a disaster and an embarrassment.

Lost in the discussion is the fact that the US meddled in the internal affairs of Ukraine, propping up a corrupt and fascist regime. That is what started the Ukraine civil war.

This is the culmination of yet another US foreign policy error.

Mike "Mish" Shedlock

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, sancho panza said:

EU US trade war?

 

https://moneymaven.io/mishtalk/economics/trump-blackmails-germany-with-sanction-threats-over-nord-stream-2-tvWVjwRnrEGS2XEk4AWceg/

Nord Stream 2, a gas pipeline project connecting Germany to Russia beneath the Baltic sea, hasTrump hopping mad.

Angela Merkel and her advisers, before a visit to the White House last spring, agreed on a priority: Avoid talk of Nord Stream 2. The German-Russian pipeline project had been a bone of contention between Berlin and Washington, which fears it will make Europe’s largest economy excessively reliant on Russian energy.

When the German chancellor took her seat at the Oval Office table, though, President Trump left her nowhere to hide. “Angela,” he said, according to people in the room, “you got to stop buying gas from Putin.”

The dispute is coming to a head, in a graphic example of how Russia’s estrangement from the West, far from bringing its members closer, is driving a wedge between the closest of allies.

“A Russian gas molecule remains a Russian gas molecule,” Ms. Merkel said last month at a Munich conference attended by Vice President Mike Pence, “irrespective whether it comes from Ukraine or from underneath the Baltic Sea.”

Fuel for Discord

https%3A%2F%2Fs3-us-west-2.amazonaws.com

Several U.S. officials said Nord Stream 2 sanctions would follow an amendment to existing measures against Russia, the Countering America’s Adversaries Through Sanctions Act. These would target investors and companies contracted to lay pipes, they said.

Russian officials have told Ms. Merkel’s aides U.S. sanctions would prompt Gazprom to buy off the Western companies and complete the pipeline on its own, said German and EU officials and Gazprom representatives.

Gazprom officials said the project’s most complex part had been completed. Should specialized pipe layers be forced out, the project would be delayed and costs would rise, but Gazprom would be able to complete the work, they said. Without Western investors, Russian state-controlled banks would take over, possibly with some Chinese financing, a Gazprom spokesman said.

Blackmail

https%3A%2F%2Fs3-us-west-2.amazonaws.com

 

Germany Correct On All Counts

  1. Trump is blackmailing Germany
  2. A molecule of Russian gas is a molecule of Russian gas
  3. Germany, not the US should decide German security concerns
  4. US LNG would cost a minimum of 20% more
  5. The US cannot be counted on to deliver gas in a timely manner
  6. Nord Stream 2 makes sense.

Disastrous US Foreign Policy

US foreign policy is both a disaster and an embarrassment.

Lost in the discussion is the fact that the US meddled in the internal affairs of Ukraine, propping up a corrupt and fascist regime. That is what started the Ukraine civil war.

This is the culmination of yet another US foreign policy error.

Mike "Mish" Shedlock

Well Trump is certainly the bully in the playground, and we all know what happens to them...initially the easily intimidated are divided but then one courageous soul stands up for himself giving the bully a bloody nose whilst the crowd cheers...lets just hope the crowd supports him when he decides to do this, but knowing politicians I very much doubt they will!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, MrXxx said:

Well Trump is certainly the bully in the playground, and we all know what happens to them...initially the easily intimidated are divided but then one courageous soul stands up for himself giving the bully a bloody nose whilst the crowd cheers...lets just hope the crowd supports him when he decides to do this, but knowing politicians I very much doubt they will!

Trumps not really abully.

Hes just saying stuff hes heard in US giv, at full volume, in a less diplomatic way.

Germany *is* compromised by Russia and Nordstream.

Europe *is* abusing eu - us trade - eu tarrifs are much higher than us.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Nordstream II will be operational by December 2019. They've already completed 70% of the pipeline. Far too late to stop it now and in any event the Germans aren't (that) stupid.

TurkStream is basically finished as well.

Edited by Errol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, spygirl 🏆 said:

Trumps not really abully.

Hes just saying stuff hes heard in US giv, at full volume, in a less diplomatic way.

Germany *is* compromised by Russia and Nordstream.

Europe *is* abusing eu - us trade - eu tarrifs are much higher than us.

Trumps not a bully?...tell that to the people of Balmedie where he built his golf course and I think you'll be lynched! :-) :-) :-)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, Errol said:

Nordstream II will be operational by December 2019. They've already completed 70% of the pipeline. Far too late to stop it now and in any event the Germans aren't (that) stupid.

TurkStream is basically finished as well.

Gernpmsns are tgat stupid.

Germany was tge majir cause for balkan war.

Germany fucked up Euro , europe, migration etc.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, spygirl 🏆 said:

Gernpmsns are tgat stupid.

Germany was tge majir cause for balkan war.

Germany fucked up Euro , europe, migration etc.

 

I think they also started two world wars and were guilty of mass genocide in the second. Wouldn’t trust the fuckers as far as I could throw them. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's a vicious, vicious world.

A nylon-haired reality tv diva told me.

Quote

Reporter: "Who should be held accountable?" [for Jamal Khashoggi's murder]

Trump: "Maybe the world should be held accountable because the world is a vicious place. The world is a very, very vicious place." -- November 22, 2018.

"The world is a vicious and brutal place. We think we're civilized. In truth, it's a cruel world and people are ruthless. They act nice to your face, but underneath they're out to kill you." Think Big and Kick Ass in Business and in Life, Donald Trump & Bill Zanker, 2007, p. 71.

"Life is not easy. The world is a vicious, brutal place. It's a place where people are looking to kill you, if not physically, then mentally. In the world that we live in every day it is usually the mental kill. People are looking to put you down, especially if you are on top. When I watched Westerns as a kid, I noticed the cowboys were always trying to kill the fastest gun. As a kid, I never understood it. Why would anyone want to go after the fastest gun?

"This is the way it is in real life. Everyone wants to kill the fastest gun. In real estate, I am the fastest gun, and everyone wants to kill me. You have to know how to defend yourself. People will be nasty and try to kill you just for sport. Even your friends are out to get you!" Think Big and Kick Ass in Business and in Life, Donald Trump & Bill Zanker, 2007, p. 139.

"Well, not all people. But it's a vicious place. The world is a vicious place. You know, the lions and tigers, they hunt for food, we hunt for sport. So, it can be a very vicious place. You turn on the television and you look at what's happening." Interview with John Barton, Golf Digest, October 13, 2014.


"This is the most deceptive, vicious world. It is vicious, it's full of lies, deceit and deception. You make a deal with somebody and it's like making a deal with-- that table." Interview with Lesley Stahl, CBS 60 Minutes, October 15, 2018.

"This is a r-- this is a vicious place. Washington DC is a vicious, vicious place. The attacks, the-- the bad mouthing, the speaking behind your back. --but-- you know, and in my way, I feel very comfortable here." Interview with Lesley Stahl, CBS 60 Minutes, October 15, 2018.

105mjt.jpg&f=1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.