• Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
One percent

Desperate housewives reveal the depths of their desperation regarding their offspring and educashun

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-47543036

Desperate Housewives star Felicity Huffman is among more than 40 people charged in a US college cheating scam, according to unsealed court records.

The alleged scheme involved helping students cheat on entrance exams, as well as getting non-athletic students admitted on fake athletic scholarships.

Elite schools Yale, Stanford, and Georgetown were among the destination universities.

There was no suggestion that the schools were involved in wrongdoing.

The defendants are largely wealthy and also include CEOs of major companies. 

"These parents are a catalogue of wealth and privilege," said US Attorney Andrew Lelling at a news conference about the case on Tuesday. 

According to the charging documents, Ms Huffman made a "charitable contribution" of $15,000 (£11,500) to participate in the scheme on behalf of her eldest daughter. 

She allegedly arranged to use the scheme a second time, for her younger daughter, before deciding not to do so.

Ms Huffman was charged with conspiracy to commit mail fraud and honest services mail fraud. She was secretly recorded discussing the scheme with a co-operating witness.

nepotistic and duplicitous bastards. 

What I find interesting about this are the different sums allegedly being paid / offered. One sum mentioned was $500,000 but another was $15,000 per kid.

So were the 500K ones hugely over-paying or the 15K ones naively under-paying thinking that their money would get their kid a place when it clearly was not enough? Or does celeb status count for a big discount? Probably not in the US where money is everything.

Knowing the US perhaps we will see some of these parents now suing - "We were told that 15K would get our kids a place in X, Y or Z but clearly there was no intention of this because we weren't paying enough. Damages!".

1 minute ago, The Masked Tulip said:

What I find interesting about this are the different sums allegedly being paid / offered. One sum mentioned was $500,000 but another was $15,000 per kid.

So were the 500K ones hugely over-paying or the 15K ones naively under-paying thinking that their money would get their kid a place when it clearly was not enough? Or does celeb status count for a big discount? Probably not in the US where money is everything.

Knowing the US perhaps we will see some of these parents now suing - "We were told that 15K would get our kids a place in X, Y or Z but clearly there was no intention of this because we weren't paying enough. Damages!".

Maybe it was on a sliding scale of stupidity. The thicker the offspring, the higher the cost of gaming the system 

48 minutes ago, Wheeler said:

She should have done it in the traditional way and endowed a library or some such directly with the university she wanted.

I think the traditional way is to suck-off whoever's in charge, especially if you're a Hollywood type.

Posted (edited)

Huffman is interesting. I found her looks very mannish when she was younger.  Whether it is a good surgeon or a good use of hair and make up she looks much different today than she did a decade or so ago IMPO.

Awards show recently.

10885186-6802093-Huffman_is_pictured_here_with_her_daughters_Sofia_and_Georgia_an-a-22_1552454569744.jpg

Bit stressed last night. Almost two different women.

10915310-6802093-Felicity_Huffman_pictured_leaving_court_on_Tuesday_has_been_rele-a-9_1552454569531.jpg

Edited by The Masked Tulip

Some of the figures quoted are ridiculous. If you are a rich parent, what is the point in paying a fortune for your offspring to go to a University? 

Give your own child the equivalent, and tell them to turn a hobby of thiers into a job instead. 

Most of Hollywoods a nepotists dream anyway so they'd just as likely follow Mommy and Pops into that industry. 

14 minutes ago, Sucralose Ray Leonard said:

Some of the figures quoted are ridiculous. If you are a rich parent, what is the point in paying a fortune for your offspring to go to a University? 

Give your own child the equivalent, and tell them to turn a hobby of thiers into a job instead. 

Most of Hollywoods a nepotists dream anyway so they'd just as likely follow Mommy and Pops into that industry. 

It is buying a bong.  So that when they're making £10m a year doing something trivial they can say 'that's what a degree from xxx gets you!', rather than 'that's what rich parents gets you!'.

Felicity's daughter above - the one with the perfectly dropped shoulder strap - probably has a golden future ahead of her in Hollywood.

As you say, why need a degree to get a good education unless being an actor paid millions, attending awards shows and being feited upon is so awful that mum and dad want their kids to go do something else.

44 minutes ago, The Masked Tulip said:

Felicity's daughter above - the one with the perfectly dropped shoulder strap - probably has a golden future ahead of her in Hollywood.

As you say, why need a degree to get a good education unless being an actor paid millions, attending awards shows and being feited upon is so awful that mum and dad want their kids to go do something else.

Many parents view their kids as something akin to fashion accessories. I imagine you can scale that up a factor or two for Hollyweird narcissists. It probably is as much to be able to say: “My daughter is studying Philosophy at Harvard. I wanted her to do something more practical but she’s quite determined and so clever. I don’t know where she gets it from” (faux self-deprecating laugh).

I didn't recognise her from the recent photos, though I quite enjoyed desperate housewives and recognised all the main women in it. Very different now!!!  She was in a few Frasiers,  too.

5 hours ago, The Masked Tulip said:

Blind Gossip has the photo. transformation.

https://blindgossip.com/plastic-surgery-enchilada/#more-97740

I think she looked better before, the filllers? make her look like a tranny. Reminds me of Renee Zellweger they all end up with the same pumped up face.

Here looks like botox but nice face
image.png.2c87ae1a971fb614b6657a9eaf53761f.png

Whereas more recently looks like that Kardashian tranny man
image.png.38cc9bde496659956e7899a00b1aa479.png

image.png.f39e8a7bde040681d8ca607ffaa33880.png

23 minutes ago, maudit said:

I think she looked better before, the filllers? make her look like a tranny. Reminds me of Renee Zellweger they all end up with the same pumped up face.

Here looks like botox but nice face
image.png.2c87ae1a971fb614b6657a9eaf53761f.png

Whereas more recently looks like that Kardashian tranny man
image.png.38cc9bde496659956e7899a00b1aa479.png

image.png.f39e8a7bde040681d8ca607ffaa33880.png

Yes. It's called beauty, but it looks like shit to me!

3 hours ago, Bedrag Justesen said:

Pleads guilty, possible $20k fine and 4 month prison term.

At least she seems to have a grasp of the situation and that she's actually committed a crime, has been caught out and needs to take some responsibility for her actions

... unlike the other person I'd never heard of before at the bottom of the story (Lori Loughlin), this 'actress' has repeatedly said she's not guilty/didn't realise what she was doing etc etc 

I wonder about the sentence.

I'd suggest that any impropriety in exams/qualifications should automatically cancel every single qualification on the assumption that the individual is tainted.  I'd be happy for said individual to redo all their exams and regain their qualifications, on the proviso that there's an independent check at every stage (and that they pay for it, as they appeared to be happy to pay to cheat the system).