• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
Dave Bloke

Dosbots

Apparently Web traffic is majority "bots" talking to each other. I'd only noticed this because I've been messing around with instagram. You post a pic with certain tags and it is instantly liked by a number of people. There can't be people online 24/7 liking shit so I looked into it and it appears that the traffic are bots (a compute program probably run as an online paid for service). You set them up to monitor certain #hashtags and like the content. Beyond the configuration there is no human interaction.

On Instagram it seems like there is a huge swarm of these bots liking content in some huge, silicon circle jerk.

Completely and utterly pointless and madness really. Humanity really has jumped the shark.

At least dosbots are real people.... or are they?

#like #heart #hugz

David Bot

https://www.theatlantic.com/technology/archive/2017/01/bots-bots-bots/515043/

This isn't surprising, what the article fails to mention is that 90% of them are from China. Anyone with a Linux web server can monitor the number of requests easily, it's actually quite scary. In the time it has taken to write this post I'd say 2-3 bots have tried to login to the Admin Panel or tried port scanning.

1 hour ago, spunko said:

This isn't surprising, what the article fails to mention is that 90% of them are from China. Anyone with a Linux web server can monitor the number of requests easily, it's actually quite scary. In the time it has taken to write this post I'd say 2-3 bots have tried to login to the Admin Panel or tried port scanning.

No!

CHinese are our friends.

A fair, lawful country, looking to get ahead by hard work ....

1 hour ago, spunko said:

What do they gain if successful? Is it so they can blackmail to get money?

11 minutes ago, maudit said:

What do they gain if successful? Is it so they can blackmail to get money?

Hack first, see what you can get after.

Posted (edited)

I have a website getting 5 million page views per year. Cool I thought.

Only 70% of the traffic was from Injah. Not so cool. No idea whether it was bots or idibots.

With the Indians they click on a page and that's it, you never see them again. Like there are people randomly clicking on shit then moving on.

Edited by Dave Bloke

6 hours ago, Dave Bloke said:

At least dosbots are real people.... or are they?

: Tell me more about your feelings for dosbots real people

This why Skynet will take over.

After being forced to like the trillionth picture of someone’s legs on a sun lounger, by a hotel pool, it’ll lose its shit and nuke us all. 

Posted (edited)
17 minutes ago, Captain Cavey said:

#metoo. I found dettol and a wire brush the most effective. You?

:)

I didn't realise that the "love-juice" from a moose's fanny trapped under your helmet required such extreme medical intervention...!

Respect...

;)

XYY

Edited by The XYY Man