• Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
Mihnjeeta

The Moral Dilemma Thread

Couldn't find a thread on this so thought I'd start one up and here's my starter for 10:

A very dear friend of mine suffered a stroke last year and has spent many months in hospital recovering. He was hit pretty hard, although his intellect is completely intact he is unable to speak and his alphabet was tipped upside down onto the floor. At this point, some 12 months on, he is able to say the odd word if he really concentrates hard - it was a deeply moving moment when he was finally able to say the word 'cunt!' again for the first time many months after the stroke, and his writing has gotten much better, but it's still a question of trying to ascertain his meaning from the 2 or 3 scant words he is able to write down to try and express himself (my Catchphrase skills have gone through the roof however).

One thing he's made absolutely clear though is that he desperately wants to have a Mandy session, part of me is like, "...well, if i was in that situation I'd really hope a friend would help me out and grant me the one thing I wanted above all else...", but another part of me is going, "...I really don't want him dying on me, we had a few good sessions in the past let's just be glad of those...". He's 55 next month and has also been diagnosed with a dodgy heart (after being a heavy drinker and smoker his entire adult life). What does the Dosbods hive mind reckon - to ecstasy or not to be, that is the question?

Edited by Mihnjeeta
typo wot i spotted

Would MDMA be the 'right' drug for someone in that position?  (ie, is the 'high' the sort of thing that he'll actually want to have -- I'd have thought that it'd just be depressing, ie, being old and ill on E really isn't at all like the olden days).

LSD might be 'compatible' with stroke, but probably not with heart condition.

I'd also imagine that he'll be on all sorts of stuff that'll have potential interactions with anything you could dream up.

mdma increases the heart beat plus a whole host of other taxing things to the body. Also post stroke his mind will still be in flux as the brain re-adjusts. I would say don't do it as the risk of complications to him (health) and you (legal, responsible person present) are too high.

it's a great drug in moderation but for many people (myself included) the self control is difficult and the tempation on comedown to just have a little bit more to keep the level always gets me.

9 minutes ago, Charles Carter said:

Apologies. I'm not quite up on the drugs lingo. By the way, do you have any spice for sale?

well spice is cheap so is monkey dust,i suspect stoke is arrakis.i concider myself the fremen.

9 minutes ago, Oskar said:

mdma increases the heart beat plus a whole host of other taxing things to the body. Also post stroke his mind will still be in flux as the brain re-adjusts. I would say don't do it as the risk of complications to him (health) and you (legal, responsible person present) are too high.

it's a great drug in moderation but for many people (myself included) the self control is difficult and the tempation on comedown to just have a little bit more to keep the level always gets me.

i got accidentaly cornered by a daft twat who was off his tits on spice or monkey dust within a gated axcess area,my fault for puting the bin out when they were doing drugs out there.id had a few barbed comments with them on previouse occasions.

but it might be a great drug in private and in moderation and with inteligent people to watch your ok,but its not if your being wreckless with it in public with a bunch of mates who think its ok to get silly.mdma spice or monkey dust all the same to me i dont give a fuck what people do,even my lodger likes to bomb some of that shit but he was horrified when one of these zombified fuckers took a swing for me and my reaction.

Just now, stokiescum said:

i got accidentaly cornered by a daft twat who was off his tits on spice or monkey dust within a gated axcess area,my fault for puting the bin out when they were doing drugs out there.id had a few barbed comments with them on previouse occasions.

but it might be a great drug in private and in moderation and with inteligent people to watch your ok,but its not if your being wreckless with it in public with a bunch of mates who think its ok to get silly.mdma spice or monkey dust all the same to me i dont give a fuck what people do,even my lodger likes to bomb some of that shit but he was horrified when one of these zombified fuckers took a swing for me and my reaction.

I think that was spice, speed or maybe something else. mdma is not a violent drug, quite the opposite, it helped kill football hooliganism in the 90s and in my opinion contributed to the NI ceasefire. I agree though I won't do drugs or generally even drink/associate violent idiots. I only do Mandy once or twice (max) a year now and only in good trusted company.

I hate coke with a passion though and think it is causing real damage to the 30-50 age range middle class.

12 minutes ago, stokiescum said:

Well, actually had something a little more private and a lot more comfortable in mind than a public setting by some bins :) but thinking I'll see where he is in another 12 months at this point.

4 minutes ago, Oskar said:

I hate coke with a passion though and think it is causing real damage to the 30-50 age range middle class.

Never been a fan of coke, talking with the younguns at work though they tell me it's the drug of choice for the under 25s, which is worrying - I'm convinced that stuff rewires ones personality (and not it a good way). 

8 minutes ago, Oskar said:

I think that was spice, speed or maybe something else. mdma is not a violent drug, quite the opposite, it helped kill football hooliganism in the 90s and in my opinion contributed to the NI ceasefire. I agree though I won't do drugs or generally even drink/associate violent idiots. I only do Mandy once or twice (max) a year now and only in good trusted company.

well my lodger was fucked for 48 hours after he bombed out on something at a new years eve party,i told his girlfriend how bad he was and she laughed and said are you his dad and i said no im far worse,she stoped laughing then she works at the same place has me,and is studying to be a nurse.the party was at her house and even her parents were doing shit.i pointed out if he died at mine it causes me grief and i pointed out any of us can be randomly drug tested and surgested she would fail on many points she was terrified of looseing her pin number before she even got it.

27 minutes ago, Mihnjeeta said:

Well, actually had something a little more private and a lot more comfortable in mind than a public setting by some bins :) but thinking I'll see where he is in another 12 months at this point.

if it was me id want a bottle of jd and some tablets but your friend is made of sterner stuff im a coward.id hopefully kill myself.