• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
spygirl

Word of the day - bariatric–cremator

20 minutes ago, spygirl 🏆 said:

I have relatives that are funeral directors (no surprise there then) and this is not what the clients pay for.O.o

1 hour ago, MrPin said:

I have relatives that are funeral directors (no surprise there then) and this is not what the clients pay for.O.o

I bet they’ve never been offered the option so how do you know they wouldn’t go for it? Imagine a wake where all the lighting was provided by a huge wick stuffed into the belly of “fat” uncle bob. It could be quite atmospheric!

1 minute ago, TheBlueCat said:

I bet they’ve never been offered the option so how do you know they wouldn’t go for it? Imagine a wake where all the lighting was provided by a huge wick stuffed into the belly of “fat” uncle bob. It could be quite atmospheric!

I feel it would detract from the gravity of the situation.

4 minutes ago, MrPin said:

I feel it would detract from the gravity of the situation.

One of the best first lines in a book, "it was the day my grandmother exploded", The Crow Road, they'd forgotten to remove grandma's pacemaker before cremation.

Just now, Dipsy said:

One of the best first lines in a book, "it was the day my grandmother exploded", The Crow Road, they'd forgotten to remove grandma's pacemaker before cremation.

I'm afraid funny things happen at funerals. A straight face is required.

19 minutes ago, MrPin said:

At my dad’s funeral my kid sister recited the Yarn of the Nancy Bell. Dad knew it off by heart and often performerd it for us when we kids. Quite a few of the congregation had never heard it before and there were quite a few stifled giggles despite the situation. The old fucker would definitely have approved!

1 hour ago, MrPin said:

At my aunt's funeral they couldn't get the coffin in the hole. We had to stand around making small talk whilst they made the hole bigger.

I had a friend who was a huge “The Doors” fan. At his funeral, they were supposed to play “The End” and slow, haunting, melancholy piece. Somehow a different track played him out, the rather more upbeat and optimistic “Break on through”. Weirdly it seemed strangely appropriate.

Posted (edited)
21 minutes ago, Hail the Tripod said:

I had a friend who was a huge “The Doors” fan. At his funeral, they were supposed to play “The End” and slow, haunting, melancholy piece. Somehow a different track played him out, the rather more upbeat and optimistic “Break on through”. Weirdly it seemed strangely appropriate.

(Come on Baby) Light My Fire, for cremations.

Edited by Happy Renting