• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
Wight Flight

Stained Bath

Question

8 answers to this question

21 minutes ago, Wight Flight said:

Got a bit of staining on my bath - it is old and I think enamel.

Any ideas of the best product to get rid of it?

TIA

Bath.jpg

Don’t use anything that has limescale remover, it’ll take the surface off the enamel. (Has someone before you used this kind of product?)

The bit at the bottom looks like limescale. I would gently scrape that off with a sharp object. 

1 hour ago, Long time lurking said:

T cut 

Was going to suggest scratch recover, gone off T Cut as hard work removing the smear from the chemcials in it, just plain cheap scratch remover seems just as good nowadays. Barman's friend is pretty good too.

On 14/03/2019 at 18:59, onlyme said:

Was going to suggest scratch recover, gone off T Cut as hard work removing the smear from the chemcials in it, just plain cheap scratch remover seems just as good nowadays. Barman's friend is pretty good too.

Thanks. Would give it a try but worried about supporting a virtue signalling company.

It is now called 'bar keepers friend.'

FFS

On 14/03/2019 at 14:33, Wight Flight said:

Got a bit of staining on my bath - it is old and I think enamel.

Any ideas of the best product to get rid of it?

TIA

Bath.jpg

Fill it with water to cover the staining (minimum 100 mm) and add a whole box of biological washing powder (or bottle of liquid) and leave overnight, rinse thoroughly, should do the trick.

5 minutes ago, Option5 said:

Fill it with water to cover the staining (minimum 100 mm) and add a whole box of biological washing powder (or bottle of liquid) and leave overnight, rinse thoroughly, should do the trick.

Also very goof for stained cups/mugs - powder, boiling water, leave for an hour.

On 16/03/2019 at 09:09, Wight Flight said:

Thanks. Would give it a try but worried about supporting a virtue signalling company.

It is now called 'bar keepers friend.'

FFS

Brasso  will do the same :Old: proper hard stuff is that :D

On 14/03/2019 at 18:59, onlyme said:

I`m sure the first use of the bath will make short work of that

3 hours ago, Long time lurking said:

I`m sure the first use of the bath will make short work of that

If only! Going to be months or even a year before I have access to one of those! Bloody poxy cramped shower cubible only at the moment too. Oh well it will be worth it in the end.