• Welcome to DOSBODS

     

    DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

    Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

     

MrPin

MrPin doesn't need a new car

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

Should I continue driving the old bucket into the dirt, or splash out a few hundred quid? Answers and donations on a postcard. Any good suggestions?

Edited by MrPin

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
22 minutes ago, MrPin said:

Should I continue driving the old bucket into the dirt, or splash out a few hundred quid? Answers and donations on a postcard. Any goo suggestions?

What about that old Merc that the bloke on Top Gear had the other night, when the other two chose a Bentley and a Rolls (They were "tasked" with getting a better car for 6k than the Dacia Sandero)??

Supposedly the last great over-engineered Merc, it looked really good, until they wrecked it racing of course. He paid 4k and it was all still working. You'd have to check the programme details to find out what the model was - from memory a 600 SEL or something like that. 

 

Here we are.... A Pinmobile if ever I saw one......

https://www.carandclassic.co.uk/car/C1005867

Edited by swiss_democracy_for_all

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, swiss_democracy_for_all said:

What about that old Merc that the bloke on Top Gear had the other night, when the other two chose a Bentley and a Rolls (They were "tasked" with getting a better car for 6k than the Dacia Sandero)??

Supposedly the last great over-engineered Merc, it looked really good, until they wrecked it racing of course. He paid 4k and it was all still working. You'd have to check the programme details to find out what the model was - from memory a 600 SEL or something like that. 

Ah, the Arican Dictator's special. O.o That would certainly be on my shopping list.

Just now, whitevanman said:

You should get yourself a nice new Vauxhall Adam you should. Would suit a sophisticated man-about-town like yourself.

Is it like a Holden Commodore?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, MrPin said:

Should I continue driving the old bucket into the dirt.

Keep driving it until MOT failure > 

Set a cost as red line then make a decision whether to repair when exceeded.

Replace with sub-2k Volvo D5 S60 or S80, or V70 estate.

Look for 54 or early 55 plate facelift 163bhp not later 185bhp (ideally).

Diesel scrappage when it comes pays your 2k back.

Depends if driving into 'zones' and stuff.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Bedrag Justesen said:

Keep driving it until MOT failure > 

Set a cost as red line then make a decision whether to repair when exceeded.

Replace with sub-2k Volvo D5 S60 or S80, or V70 estate.

Look for 54 or early 55 plate facelift 163bhp not later 185bhp (ideally).

Diesel scrappage when it comes pays your 2k back.

Depends if driving into 'zones' and stuff.

I'm not going to "zones". These are dangerous.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, MrPin said:

Sensible suggestions only please.

£850,  great runner and includes full “wideboy” upgrade kit.  What more could you ask for?

e92d5e71acd4475fb2eae76225c7c83e.jpg

 

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201809050189530?colour=Pink&advertising-location=at_cars&postcode=wa44by&page=1&onesearchad=New&onesearchad=Nearly New&onesearchad=Used

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Libspero said:

For small off roader, these are really quite good. I don't like the colour!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Option5 said:

What you need is a Hillman Hunter GT.

I was actually thinking of splashing out a bit, and having something a bit exotic, like I never had before. Something that gets "keyed" and appears on Police 5.

1 minute ago, Option5 said:

Well it's not exactly a long read :D

Two figures really..... V8.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Option5 said:

If your splashing out it has to be an amphicar.

Mercedes C55 or C63 if you have the readies.

Yes that would be nice, if they made a hearse version. You can't bury people quick enough nowadays.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, MrPin said:

I could go for something like that. The local garage will fucking love me with that. Would need good service history.

I thought it was gothic enough for you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, MrPin said:

Yes that would be nice, if they made a hearse version. You can't bury people quick enough nowadays.

You could try one of these:

E0CCF92C-0672-481E-A9DE-E3834C127BB7.jpeg.575efd402355517e4c3e5739a3b2dffb.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.