• Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
One percent

Comic relief

6 minutes ago, One percent said:

Just a heads up folks, it’s on the So-Called BBC. 

I wouldn't want any dosbodder to miss it. 👍 

I would rather stick pins into my eyes, (and if that unfunny fool Lenny Henry is anywhere near it, into other assorted sensitive parts of my body too), but I suspect you already know that.

4 minutes ago, Austin Allegro said:

Somebody (possibly Ricky Gervaise) said he didn't watch Comic Relief because he didn't want to be lectured on famines by Dawn French.

😂 superb response. 

4 minutes ago, TheNoSnowMan said:

Way hey. More money pissed up the wall to help Africa's population become even more unsustainable just so some celebrities can virtue signal.

It should go the same way as ITV's Pratathon did.

It is only virtue signaling if they are white. Lenny is ok doing it. o.O

34 minutes ago, One percent said:

Just a heads up folks, it’s on the So-Called BBC. 

I wouldn't want any dosbodder to miss it. 👍 

Been on my avoid list for a long time due to the lack of comic content 

7 minutes ago, Malthus said:

Been on my avoid list for a long time due to the lack of comic content 

Well the headline is ‘comic relief’.  So I guess that signals that there is no comedic content. 

13 minutes ago, UmBongo said:

Just switched over. That Miranda woman was making some innuendo laden quips about a 'tip' when she folded the end of a loo roll into a point. Ha-de-ha-haaar! 9_9

Fucking desperate isn’t it. o.O

13 minutes ago, UmBongo said:

Just switched over. That Miranda woman was making some innuendo laden quips about a 'tip' when she folded the end of a loo roll into a point. Ha-de-ha-haaar! 9_9

Fucking desperate isn’t it. o.O

IIRC its a vehicle for comedians to offload their below-par scripts and gags that wouldn't pass muster on an ordinary show.

And of course the 'homage' re-enactment of old comedy routines that are conveniently already done to death or out of copyright, so cost nothing to re-use.

I've had it on in the background whilst doing stuff around the house, just to have something different on than the usual background noise. This is the first time since the first one I have seen it, and I have not heard anything remotely funny or seen anything particularly heart wrenching to make me want to donate. It appears to be just a vehicle for "celebs" to get more TV air time.

I did question whether it is me getting older and more cynical, or whether the problems are not as severe as they were, but I am definitely sure the comedy is shite.

2 hours ago, Austin Allegro said:

Somebody (possibly Ricky Gervaise) said he didn't watch Comic Relief because he didn't want to be lectured on famines by Dawn French.

Best described as very rich people haranguing relatively poor people about how they ought to give more money to charity.

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Mirror Mirror said:

I would rather stick pins into my eyes, (and if that unfunny fool Lenny Henry is anywhere near it, into other assorted sensitive parts of my body too), but I suspect you already know that.

I hope he is on, maybe he'll white up, like he did in the movie True Identity, which for some reason the So-Called BBC never shows now.

true-identity-1991-lenny-henry-BKH3EA.jp

Edited by SNACR

Posted (edited)

They must massage the figures to make the donations appear to be more every time it's like tractor production figures or something. I don't buy that donations, certainly from the public, haven't collapsed since its original heyday particularly as the now quite aged Footlights/alternative comedy mob who started it, and still feature heavily must seem almost geriatric to the younger audience of primary school aged children whose enthusiasm it must rely on.

I can't remember which shop I was in but they were asking every customer if they wanted to add a £1 to the total for Comic Relief and everyone, whilst I was there, said no. Although if some had said yes everyone else might have too as people so pathetically easily feel compelled to conform.

Edited by SNACR

5 hours ago, Inoperational Bumblebee said:

I've tried to avoid all charity stuff like this for years, mainly as it's hours of crap, and I'm never going to donate.

Comic Relief is particularly bad, if only because they broke the Toast Clem Fandango thing for me in the last year or so. I was very sad about that.

I can't hear you, press the button.