• Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
sam1994

St Patrick’s day

What a load of bollocks. When I went to New York you had to ask for a shitty bar or you ended up with Irish bars with birds from Newcastle and the clientele were too dumb to pick it up. Guinness looked like an Ian Paseley collar. 

I hope we see the Royals celebrating St George’s Day next month 

I have  Irish in the family and they are embarrassed

Went to the pub today to have my couple of pints and the place was empty. Possibly because everyone is working tomorrow.

S

5 minutes ago, leonardratso said:

well, its back to night sheep raping then.

Nahh come and see me ,everyone thinks i`m a sheep farmer,but i`m really a pimp

2 minutes ago, Chewing Grass said:

We will have less of that ratso (might change my mind if you have a nice avatar) there are sheep present, and a goat, somewhere.

Spunko fucked him off 

Edited by Long time lurking

I'm in Texas at the moment. It's all over the place. Shamrocks, Guinness the full bit. It's pathetic. Texans have their own heritage, and don't need to import a fake Irish one. 

Just to say I fucking love it here. Texans are proud of what they are. They are really friendly, always willing to have a chat. And they all have guns. Beer is good too, great BBQ. You have to like country music though..

I'm in America as well this week, asked for a beer and they brought a pint of radioactive green stuff. Told them to take it back and bring me a non-carcinogenic one but apparently it arrives already green from the distributor and that's all they had. Drank it and no ill effects so far. As popuplights says, everyone is Irish as fuck today.

5 hours ago, Funn3r said:

I'm in America as well this week, asked for a beer and they brought a pint of radioactive green stuff. Told them to take it back and bring me a non-carcinogenic one but apparently it arrives already green from the distributor and that's all they had. Drank it and no ill effects so far. As popuplights says, everyone is Irish as fuck today.

Iv'e never seen that most Irish of things - GREEN LAGER?O.o

14 minutes ago, Virgil Caine said:

My grandmother was Irish so I am entitled to jig uncontrollably around the room on St Patrick’s day. Fortunately, I am able to resist the urge every year.

Remember to carry a piglet, and talk about potatoes a lot.

8 hours ago, The Masked Tulip said:

If you believe Americans they are all descended from the Irish, even the Native Indian ones.

I watched a programme on this, something like 37% of Americans are of German origin which is obvious going by their surnames. Irish was only about 10%.

9 minutes ago, spunko said:

I watched a programme on this, something like 37% of Americans are of German origin which is obvious going by their surnames. Irish was only about 10%.

Is that why they were so reluctant to get involved in the World Wars?

Weren't sure which side to join.

Edited by Fischer

Just now, Fischer said:

Is that why they were so reluctant to join the World Wars?

Weren't sure which side to join.

Pretty much. There was quite a large American Nazi club. Watched a documentary a while back.

9 hours ago, Funn3r said:

You believed that? They just put food colouring in the beer when they pour it, hardly a biggy. You could have just said to the waitress for your next one can you leave the green stuff out please.  Did you also give them the spiel that you're English....?

Edited by A_P

9 hours ago, Popuplights said:

I'm in Texas at the moment. It's all over the place. Shamrocks, Guinness the full bit. It's pathetic. Texans have their own heritage, and don't need to import a fake Irish one. 

Just to say I fucking love it here. Texans are proud of what they are. They are really friendly, always willing to have a chat. And they all have guns. Beer is good too, great BBQ. You have to like country music though..

Best they stick to their own. 

Big German community in Texas so thought I would be OK - but the Octoberfest was alcohol free FFS!  And the schweinhaxe in that Austrian restaurant in Houston was boiled ham!

Yes, people are friendly but maybe because they all have guns!  And dead armadillos!

But the biggest risk in Texas is thinking the culture is similar because of the English language (apart from anything involving cars!).  They have their own, plus a decent amount of history, to be proud of.

Texas was great!  A real place.

Edited by Harley

4 minutes ago, Harley said:

Best they stick to their own. 

Big German community in Texas so thought I would be OK - but the Octoberfest was alcohol free FFS!  And the schweinhaxe in that Austrian restaurant in Houston was boiled ham!

Yes, people are friendly but maybe because they all have guns!  And dead armadillos!

PS: Sort of joke - Texas was great!  A real place.

I'm not going niow!

11 minutes ago, MrPin said:

I'm not going niow!

Quite an interesting history.  The German immigrants were enticed to Texas with claims of free land and a lovely country.  No one told them about the heat, dust, and humidity.  Nothing like Germany.  Must have been hell before the aircon unit arrived.  Credit to them for hacking it and making what they have of the place.

PS: Also Bavaria and Texas share the right to secede from their respective countries.

Edited by Harley