• Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Great Guy

How much do you drink?

How many units do you drink a week?  

124 members have voted

1. 1. How much alcohol do you drink a week? (units)

4 minutes ago, Great Guy said:

The NHS says you should limit yourself to 14 units a week spread over at least 3 days..

14 units is circa:

6 pints of beer or 6 glasses of wine or 14 measures of spirits...

It's not a lot...

Theres no scientific basis to those limits. Wimmin with cliboard unscientific wank.

Sure, if youre knocking back 1 bottle of spiits a day you are fucked.

And it depends on what type of booze you drink - spirits bad, beer good, wine bad (sugar).

I tend to have 3/4 dry nights week - not for any reason other than I just dont drink every day.

Maybe a can of beer.

Maybe a whisky.

On rare social ngihts I tend to stick with beer.

At xmas/ny i might through in a few shorts.

I drink almost daily, beers on the way home and a bottle of wine with herself once the kids go to bed. I run 3 mornings a week, referee youth rugby on 90m pitches on a Sunday. My last medical the doc wouldn’t believe my stated alcohol intake. I also have a high flying job and I am in the top 1% in my industry.

Intake is only 1 variable in a complex equation, and how deleterious it is depends on the rest of your lifestyle IMHO.

if there is drink in the house, I tend to drink it, but I can also go weeks without a drink. How much I drink largely depends on how much Mrs Snaga buys in the weekly shop.

On a  good week Guiness or Cider will be on offer and I'll get a good supply :)

I'd say on average, 12 cans/bottles a month and a bottle of wine at home, and 4 or 5 pints at the pub if I'm lucky.

17 minutes ago, Horrified Onlooker said:

I drink almost daily, beers on the way home and a bottle of wine with herself once the kids go to bed. I run 3 mornings a week, referee youth rugby on 90m pitches on a Sunday. My last medical the doc wouldn’t believe my stated alcohol intake. I also have a high flying job and I am in the top 1% in my industry.

Intake is only 1 variable in a complex equation, and how deleterious it is depends on the rest of your lifestyle IMHO.

Aeroflot?

3 pints a day, and usually a couple of scotches after dinner. If there's no scotch, then it's whatever's around.. 

On Friday's I'll go down the pub earlier around 7, but not too early to meet the daytime crowd and leave at 2-3 after a lock-in. I don't smoke though, so it's fine. 

Mon-Wed none

Thursday (not every week) 1/2 bottle of Red

Fri-Sun 4-5 cans of Stella and a bottle of Red each night 

Mon morning - run before work to get head back into a good place (see above)

1 minute ago, Frank Hovis said:

The limits are meaningless IMO.

What you need to look out for are the negative effects which mean that you are drinking too much.

Beer is mostly water, and you have to drink enough of that.:Old:

3 minutes ago, Frank Hovis said:

What you need to look out for are the negative effects which mean that you are drinking too much.

Er sorry, what did you say?

8 minutes ago, Harley said:

Er sorry, what did you say?

Yes.  I'm cutting down myself as I've been having a few downsides from it but if everything's fine then glug away.

Roddy or Dai Llewellyn, I forget, used to merrily put away, as he put it, "half a case" of wine a day.  That's six bottles or twenty four pints in real money and he was absolutely fine on it.

We're all different and the targets seem to exist because some people want to tell others how to live their lives and others have this need to be told how to live their lives.

I don't drink like I used to. At one point I'd have had a few drinks most days, and got properly smashed Thursday, Friday, and Saturday nights.

These days I'll have maybe a single can one night a week in the week (just because I feel like it), and 6 or 7 pints if I go out Friday or Saturday night.

Most weekends I don't go out, so most weekend I don't drink at all.

This weekend by some magnificent quirk of fate I'm actually out Friday and Saturday so I'll smash the government's target for a change. I fully expect to beat the full 14 unit target by some margin each night.

xD

Nothing Sunday to Thursday. If I have arranged plans for Saturday, nothing on a Friday either.. 

Half the time it's constant drinking from clocking off on Friday to bed Saturday night, around 50-60 units. Usually starting at a good pub with real ale and finishing with voddy and diet pop at home. 

10 minutes ago, Wheeler said:

Are you an opening batsman? You must keep the twelfth man busy fetching you drinks.

For some reason, I misread that as FELCHING.