• Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
sarahbell

Poor governance?

4 minutes ago, sarahbell said:

Sounds like another "Mrs Sofa"?

I reckon bent charities are rife. Good reason not to buy a lotto ticket.

Edited by MrPin

An inquiry report published by the Charity Commission today has found that the trustees of the Khatme Nubuwwat Centre (KNC) (formerly known as the Aalami Majlise Tahaffuze Khatme Nubuwwat) are responsible for a series of failings amounting to misconduct and/or mismanagement.

The inquiry was prompted by the Commission’s engagement with the charity’s trustees after a news article published in April 2016 alleged the charity was displaying literature calling for the killing of members of the Ahmadi community.

90% of the UK muzzers are from the same, narrow Deobandi salafist mindset.

The inquiry found that the charity had no framework or controls in place in relation to the distribution of literature or hosting of speakers at its premises. The charity had also been associated with an organisation in Pakistan, which extended to bearing the same name and using the charity’s contact details on their materials. The inquiry was concerned by this association due to the Pakistani organisation’s alleged connections to terrorist and extremist groups as well as offensive material on its website relating to the Ahmadi community.

Why have control? This reflects the thinking of pretty much the entire UK muzzers,

https://www.rabwah.net/kill-ahmadis-leaflets-found-in-khatm-e-nabuwats-uk-headquarters/

The leaflets which call on Muslims to ‘Kill Ahmadis’ were found at the Stockwell Green Mosque in London. The Mosque which is affiliated with Muslim Council of Britain and serves as the UK headquarters of AMTKN (Aalmi Majlis Tahaffuz Khatm E Nubuwwat), an organization which targets Ahmadi Muslims.This comes just days after the Muslim Council of Britain issued a statement saying Muslims should not be forced to accept Ahmadis.

All affiliated  mosques an the MCB need shutting down as extremist groups preaching violence.

14 minutes ago, spunko said:

This is just another example of the Tory government trying to shame ethnic minorities that run charities. The way they went after the innocent Camila Batmanghelidjh and effectively hounded her out of a job really upset me, she has done so much for impoverished black children in their 30s.

And straight after that happened, Laura Ashley got into trouble (as if curtain sales had fallen through the floor). Coincidence?

2B24028100000578-3187522-image-m-42_1438

57 minutes ago, spygirl 🏆 said:

https://www.rabwah.net/kill-ahmadis-leaflets-found-in-khatm-e-nabuwats-uk-headquarters/

The leaflets which call on Muslims to ‘Kill Ahmadis’ were found at the Stockwell Green Mosque in London. The Mosque which is affiliated with Muslim Council of Britain and serves as the UK headquarters of AMTKN (Aalmi Majlis Tahaffuz Khatm E Nubuwwat), an organization which targets Ahmadi Muslims.This comes just days after the Muslim Council of Britain issued a statement saying Muslims should not be forced to accept Ahmadis.

All affiliated  mosques an  and the MCB need shutting down as extremist groups preaching violence.

There, fixed it for you.

As good a thread as any for this. 

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7025093/Kids-Company-founder-urges-judge-spare-stress-court-case.html

The controversial founder of the defunct Kids Company charity yesterday begged to be spared the ‘stress’ of court proceedings.

Camila Batmanghelidjh asked a judge to help her avoid taking the blame for its financial meltdown.

Her solicitor told the High Court it would be a ‘blessing’ if she was let off, adding: ‘It would save time, cost and stress for her.’

Kids Company, which helped troubled children in south London, was given £42million of public money, including £3million sanctioned by David Cameron just days before its collapse in 2015.

im not convinced they actually helped that many.  Yet she was given 42 million of sap taxpayer money. All the court case is about is stopping here from holding office for six years. Imho, they should throw away the key. 42 million.  Let that sink in. 

2 minutes ago, One percent said:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7025093/Kids-Company-founder-urges-judge-spare-stress-court-case.html

The controversial founder of the defunct Kids Company charity yesterday begged to be spared the ‘stress’ of court proceedings.

Camila Batmanghelidjh asked a judge to help her avoid taking the blame for its financial meltdown.

Her solicitor told the High Court it would be a ‘blessing’ if she was let off, adding: ‘It would save time, cost and stress for her.’

Kids Company, which helped troubled children in south London, was given £42million of public money, including £3million sanctioned by David Cameron just days before its collapse in 2015.

im not convinced they actually helped that many.  Yet she was given 42 million of sap taxpayer money. All the court case is about is stopping here from holding office for six years. Imho, they should throw away the key. 42 million.  Let that sink in. 

I agree with her.

Just let her pay all the money back and she can avoid court.

Otherwise she should sit in prison til she pays it all back. No trial.

3 minutes ago, spygirl said:

I agree with her.

Just let her pay all the money back and she can avoid court.

Otherwise she should sit in prison til she pays it all back. No trial.

No money left...  at least it was all spent wisely.  From the article 

Inquiries have previously found the charity gave brown envelopes stuffed with cash to troubled children as a matter of course. 

Some £50,000 was allegedly spent on taxis at the charity’s Christmas party, and Batmanghelidjh had the use of a driver. 

Twelve-year-old clients were given £150 trainers, while others were flown first class to America.

In 2015, one of the youngsters helped by the organisation told how she and her friends would splash the spending money they were given on cannabis.

She told Radio 4's The Report: 'We would queue up and sign our names down and get an envelope with £30 and an Oyster travelcard.

'Then we would go to the shop and buy whatever we wanted with that money. It was weed heaven on a Friday, you could smell it coming down from the landings.'

Other alleged instances of waste included someone's PhD studies being funded, and a stay at Champneys spa for a man with mental health problems who booked a chocolate massage treatment. 

Throw away the key. Those who fawned over her, enabling her to do this should also be locked up.  First time I saw her, I remember thinking, who is this loon?  Why did they not see it? 

It sounds like so many of these social do-gooders..

I'm sure their hearts were in the right place,  but had no feeling of responsibility because to them it was just "free money" to help "poor children".

Reading her story she sounds like a modern day Eva Peron..    take money from the state that it could really ill afford,  and enjoy the power and grandeur of deciding who gets it.

To be fair I'm sure all the recipients were really grateful,   for down and out kids buying £30 of weed and playing X-box with their mates was probably quite a nice bit of entertainment and escapism for them.  And probably just a much use as other patronising charities doing F*** knows what the rest of them do.

Sounds like there were a lot of them involved in the social virtue signalling "I run a childrens charity don't you know darling" but with no actual interest in financially controlling or steering it:

The charity’s former chairman Alan Yentob, an ex-BBC executive, and six others also face three-year bans.

Edited by Libspero

2 minutes ago, Libspero said:

It sounds like so many of these social do-gooders..

I'm sure their hearts were in the right place,  but had no feeling of responsibility because to them it was just "free money" to help "poor children".

Reading her story she sounds like a modern day Eva Peron..    take money from the state that it could really ill afford,  and enjoy the power and grandeur of deciding who gets it.

To be fair I'm sure all the recipients were really grateful,   for down and out kids buying £30 of weed and playing X-box with their mates was probably quite a nice bit of entertainment and escapism for them.  And probably just a much use as other patronising charities doing F*** knows what the rest of them do.

Sounds like there were a lot of them involved in the social virtue signalling "I run a childrens charity don't you know darling" but with no actual interest in financially controlling or steering it:

They should go after people like yentob for the money...

33 minutes ago, One percent said:

And that's just the tip of the iceberg. How many of our billions a year does the govt hand over to these dodgy charities, no doubt there's tens of thousands of them, all based in London and run by foreigners set up purely for the directors gain?

Edited by gibbon

Just now, gibbon said:

And that's just the tip of the iceberg. How many of our billions a year does the govt hand over to these dodgy charities, no doubt there's tens of thousands of them, all based in London and run by foreigners set up purely for the directors gain?

Third sector I think it’s called.  It is difficult to get figures but the below suggests that they are give 50 billion per year  o.O

https://data.ncvo.org.uk/a/almanac18/finance-overview-2015-16/

8 minutes ago, One percent said:

Well,   the money has probably mostly been wasted. 

They could perhaps go after them for what-ever they paid themselves while "managing" it,  but I don't think they should necessarily be on the hook for the £42m.

You really have to question those in government who actually give all of this money to charities without having the slightest clue what they are doing with it.  I presume it's more social virtue signalling "I personally made the decision to give £3m to children's charities because I care so much about children and poor people" 

3 minutes ago, Libspero said:

Well,   the money has probably mostly been wasted. 

They could perhaps go after them for what-ever they paid themselves while "managing" it,  but I don't think they should necessarily be on the hook for the £42m.

You really have to question those in government who actually give all of this money to charities without having the slightest clue what they are doing with it.  I presume it's more social virtue signalling "I personally made the decision to give £3m to children's charities because I care so much about children and poor people" 

In a properly functioning society, there would be no need for charities. Government needs to focus on ensuring the economy is run in such a way that there are jobs for all those who want them.  Those that then choose not to work are on their own. 

53 minutes ago, One percent said:

Surely the wrong person.  That's what politicians are for!

The Establishment has wasted so much of our money and just keep asking for more.

2 hours ago, One percent said:

They cannot go after Yentob as he is a millionaire, Jewish, a luvvie, and ex(?) BBC. He is untouchable. I suspect Batman's choice of apparel is to make her look hyper-foreign and therefore beyond reproach too.