DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

IGNORED

How does Buy to Let END!

macca

What happens when generation rent retire with tiny pensions and massive rent bills!  

137 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

https://www.buy2letcars.com/investments/how-it-works/

Investing with Buy2LetCars gives you a monthly income

Over 70% of our funders have or had links to Buy-to-Let properties, often because our business models are very similar. A funder will simply loan us a lump sum of capital, and with that money we will purchase a brand new car and then lease it out through our sister company Wheels4Sure.

The income from this provides a return on their capital of between 7-11% p.a return, with the added benefit of regular monthly payments. These 36 monthly payments constitute the return of capital, so are also tax-free. The final payment in month 37 constitutes the interest gained during the term of your investment plus the remainder of the capital. If you invest as a private individual, we are obligated to retain 20% for tax purposes. However, if you invest as a limited company, the full gain is paid with zero withholding.

11 hours ago, spygirl said:

Over 70% of our funders have or had links to Buy-to-Let properties, often because our business models are very similar. A funder will simply loan us a lump sum of capital, and with that money we will purchase a brand new car and then lease it out through our sister company Wheels4Sure.

The income from this provides a return on their capital of between 7-11% p.a return, with the added benefit of regular monthly payments. These 36 monthly payments constitute the return of capital, so are also tax-free. The final payment in month 37 constitutes the interest gained during the term of your investment plus the remainder of the capital. If you invest as a private individual, we are obligated to retain 20% for tax purposes. However, if you invest as a limited company, the full gain is paid with zero withholding.

Sneaky - use a limited company avoid some tax while you lose all your protection 

7 hours ago, eek said:

Sneaky - use a limited company avoid some tax while you lose all your protection 

Its not sneaky, its totally gormless, man-in-pub tax planning.

The company was a scam. So was its advice.

• Agree 1

10 hours ago, spygirl said:

Its not sneaky, its totally gormless, man-in-pub tax planning.

The company was a scam. So was its advice.

Yep but saying that to the general public gets a lot of them to follow that advice even when it's an utterly insane thing to do (which it was).

• Agree 1

30 minutes ago, eek said:

Yep but saying that to the general public gets a lot of them to follow that advice even when it's an utterly insane thing to do (which it was).

Fancy a holiday of your lifetime?

Want to give some money to the kids, to get them on the propety ladder?

Have you though about equity release?

Release money from your house - No tax to pay!!!!!!

1 hour ago, spygirl said:

Fancy a holiday of your lifetime?

Want to give some money to the kids, to get them on the propety ladder?

Have you though about equity release?

Release money from your house - No tax to pay!!!!!!

Ever seen an equity release advert - that 's what they offer

48 minutes ago, eek said:

Ever seen an equity release advert - that 's what they offer

Yes.

I watch midsomer on itv3.

If it's not ER, its donkeys or African kids drinking out of a puddle.

• Cheers 1

• 2 weeks later...

Just received this, it has results but no data so it may be a poll of thousands, or may just be 6 folk outside the pub.

30% of surveyed London tennants are planning to move (more rural or out of London totally)

London rents dropping (some 40%+ ) will upset a lot of LL's profit/loss calculations.

Spareroom.jpg

• Informative 1

Updates for info

LL problems that have been building during the "no evictions allowed" lockdown are starting to appear (skip to 10:00 for the meat) https://www.propertytribes.com/landlord-lens-7-fall-out-from-lock-down-t-127651934.html

UC backlog leaves LL's with tennants, no payments, and no idea if the rent owed will ever be backdated (or even paid) https://www.propertytribes.com/universal-credit-scandal-t-127651951.html

The tapered implementaion of "Section 24" tax is now complete, some LL's have moved from paying basic rate tax to 40% https://www.propertytribes.com/section-24-is-hurting-t-127651909.html

Depending on your view it's either great news that LL's are hurting and selling up or it's a nightmare as you can't / won't buy and there are very few places available to rent see https://www.dosbods.co.uk/topic/16687-rental-nightmare-in-coastal-cornwall-and-coastal-devon-iow/?tab=comments#comment-1081661  

Edited by Andersen
  • Informative 1

On 29/03/2021 at 11:23, spygirl said:

https://amp.theguardian.com/business/2021/apr/09/serious-office-conducts-raids-over-scheme-by-buy2let-cars-owner

IO BTLers face investigation from HMRC....

• Cheers 1

3 hours ago, Andersen said:

A website I'd not seen before advertising tennanted rental properties for sale - could be useful to track trends and see if the number of properties goes up https://www.vestaproperty.com/investment-property-marketplace?searchSessionId=c71e0489-6ff5-44d4-84d7-9ad62e0496a2&longTermTenant=true

At those yields - 5% 8% - why are selling???

Oh yeah s24.

These people cannot afford to have an empty house whilst the place sells.

https://www.vestaproperty.com/investment-property-for-sale/london-sw17-9tr/ves-sw17-002?searchSessionId=c71e0489-6ff5-44d4-84d7-9ad62e0496a2&longTermTenant=true&sortBy=Latest&pageNumber=1

Eho buy a place with a 3.5% gross yield??

And whod pay 18k to rent it?

• 2 weeks later...

In the last week, Ive seen two posters on the local FB going on about being kicked out of rented accommodation.

Both have kids.

One was asked to leave after Xmas. and the idiot did. I did not want to tell him that he should have sat tight for 6 months.

The other one has actually been told by the rental agent that the LL has to give 6 month notice rather than the 2 the LL told her.

This is the reason why a bunch of leverage amateur cretins should not be let near other peoples lives - well down Brown, you total cunt.

Both appear to be selling. The timing is suspicious. I reckon theyve used an accountant for the first time - the HMRC rental ad campaign must have finally sunk in and theyve had the harsh S24 reality pointed out to them.

• Agree 3

• 3 weeks later...
sancho panza
1 hour ago, spygirl said:

https://amp.theguardian.com/money/2021/may/08/rent-arrears-put-thousands-at-risk-as-end-of-eviction-ban-in-england-looms

LL will never record those voids on sub 5% yields.

Banks will be repoing.

Given how many of the LL's are levered to the nth degree,it likely creates a huge source of instability.

I suspect the £730 is an underestimate

'Citizens Advice found that in January, half a million private-sector renters were behind with rent, with an average debt of £730, and that 58% of them had no previous rent arrears.

Debt charity StepChange reports a similar number of struggling tenants, and estimates that 150,000 are at risk of eviction. It says £370m of arrears has been built up as a result of Covid, with some tenants managing to keep up by borrowing or cutting back elsewhere, as Austin’s family has done.'

Wight Flight
1 hour ago, sancho panza said:

Given how many of the LL's are levered to the nth degree,it likely creates a huge source of instability.

I suspect the £730 is an underestimate

'Citizens Advice found that in January, half a million private-sector renters were behind with rent, with an average debt of £730, and that 58% of them had no previous rent arrears.

Debt charity StepChange reports a similar number of struggling tenants, and estimates that 150,000 are at risk of eviction. It says £370m of arrears has been built up as a result of Covid, with some tenants managing to keep up by borrowing or cutting back elsewhere, as Austin’s family has done.'

It is an interesting thing.

Landlords think that if 150k of them sell their houses, there will be 150k homeless people.

Despite that thinking, they don't seem to understand that if 150k families are made homeless, there will be 150k landlords without a tenant.

Funny thing, logic.

• Agree 2
  • Lol 2

On 08/05/2021 at 23:31, Wight Flight said:

It is an interesting thing.

Landlords think that if 150k of them sell their houses, there will be 150k homeless people.

Despite that thinking, they don't seem to understand that if 150k families are made homeless, there will be 150k landlords without a tenant.

Funny thing, logic.

Where will the 150k buyers come from? and what will they buy the houses for? renting out?

At this point the Corruption is too large and there will be massive hurt, pain, suffering and suicide..

Man who owns a bed shop near me been there for years, committed suicide the other day as the landlord pushed his rent up and the guy had no money.. So he killed himself.

Really nice guy, actually lent me a bed when my uncle was dying of cancer and could not get up the stairs.. You wont get that from Dreams 

• Informative 2

Wight Flight
1 minute ago, macca said:

Where will the 150k buyers come from? and what will they buy the houses for? renting out?

The logic often given here is that the current tenants will buy the houses.

I don't think that is necessarily true.

• Agree 2

AlfredTheLittle
6 hours ago, Wight Flight said:

The logic often given here is that the current tenants will buy the houses.

I don't think that is necessarily true.

So clear that with current levels of population it's just not viable for some people to have more than one house, with the spares sitting empty or only used for holiday lets. Got to be one of the government's biggest failures to allow this (combined with net immigration).

It would be very easy to whack a huge annual tax on any house which isn't someone's long term residence, that would go a long way towards resolving the housing problem.

• Agree 2

Wight Flight
2 hours ago, AlfredTheLittle said:

So clear that with current levels of population it's just not viable for some people to have more than one house, with the spares sitting empty or only used for holiday lets. Got to be one of the government's biggest failures to allow this (combined with net immigration).

It would be very easy to whack a huge annual tax on any house which isn't someone's long term residence, that would go a long way towards resolving the housing problem.

Or have zoning. Build some areas as designated holiday homes.

8 hours ago, macca said:

At this point the Corruption is too large and there will be massive hurt, pain, suffering and suicide..

Man who owns a bed shop near me been there for years, committed suicide the other day as the landlord pushed his rent up and the guy had no money.. So he killed himself.

Really nice guy, actually lent me a bed when my uncle was dying of cancer and could not get up the stairs.. You wont get that from Dreams 

Markets clear at t he marrket price.

~15 eyars ago that price was a LL with an IO mortgage.

Today is a ~30yo with an MMR checked repayment mortgage.

25 minutes ago, Wight Flight said:

Or have zoning. Build some areas as designated holiday homes.

FHL need to be removed from SBRR - they were doing this pre Covid.

And they need planning from the LA.

Thats all.

16 hours ago, AlfredTheLittle said:

(combined with net immigration).

record high non EU immigration in 2019// Tories need slaves to keep the housing ponzi scheme and low wages going.

We don't have any real jobs that's for sure. More Uber drivers and cleaners.. Wheres the real jobs? In China!

• Agree 1

9 hours ago, macca said:

record high non EU immigration in 2019// Tories need slaves to keep the housing ponzi scheme and low wages going.

We don't have any real jobs that's for sure. More Uber drivers and cleaners.. Wheres the real jobs? In China!

No, Ccrap civil service/home office.

The non EU migration turned out to be EU migration.

Shit civil service/public sector pissing the countries wealth away on their Guardian lefty fantasies.

Wight Flight

I am struggling to see how buy to let manages to finance itself going forwards.

Try this site for maximum mortgage. Lenders are asking for a 140% coverage based on a 5.5% interest rate.

https://www.rightmortgageadvice.co.uk/calculators/buy-to-let-calculators.php

I am paying £1,150 on my home, so a LL could borrow a maximum of 180k.

To rent at £1,150, I need an income of 30 times that, so £34,500. This would get me a mortgage of maybe £155k, so not actually far away from what a LL can borrow anymore.

Except that my home appears to be worth £600k.

None of it adds up.

• Agree 2
  • Informative 1

39 minutes ago, Wight Flight said:

I am struggling to see how buy to let manages to finance itself going forwards.

Try this site for maximum mortgage. Lenders are asking for a 140% coverage based on a 5.5% interest rate.

https://www.rightmortgageadvice.co.uk/calculators/buy-to-let-calculators.php

I am paying £1,150 on my home, so a LL could borrow a maximum of 180k.

To rent at £1,150, I need an income of 30 times that, so £34,500. This would get me a mortgage of maybe £155k, so not actually far away from what a LL can borrow anymore.

Except that my home appears to be worth £600k.

None of it adds up.

It never has.

The few IO BTL that Im unfortunate enough to know are having to draw more n more equity out of their OOO to be bale to remortgage at 'the best rates'