• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
spygirl

10M -/+ 2M Europeans in UK

3 minutes ago, chicker said:

Lots of rental stuff and no one really cares. That's what the bottom looks like.

Yeah of course. Was thinking, I wouldn’t want them working on my house but if it’s a rental, like you say, who cares 

Posted (edited)
17 hours ago, chicker said:

I know of a long established medium sized property maintenance company that has no english employees. The longest serving employee has been there 9 months ! Another pair of EEs work on insurance repair jobs. An English tradesman subs  the majority of work to them. I'm sure hes making more money per job for doing virtually nothing than they are. Btw the EEs aren't highly skilled (good DIY)  and yes they do electrics and plumbing. Not a qualification between them but nice guys tho.

I know plasterers are being paid less now than 15 years ago. There are now UK trained EE gas engineers and they are even into scaffolding now., once the preserve of the tough local organised grafters.  

You are right, we are at the bottom.

Yep.

I know a builder who takes 50% of the labour cost he charges to the customer, no end of Albanians lining up for the work. Ive seen fights between different EE nationals to try and control that 50%.

I know a few EE gas fitters, they dont know shit about it, i dont even know how they passed the exam.

I once went to a boiler breakdown in a HMO, i was the 5TH gas man, the other 4 (who were cheap plumbers by the way) had failed to find the fault. It took me 5 mins, the regulator on the gas meter was stuck at 9mbar working pressure, less than half that it should be, classed as immediatey dangerous, instant shut down and the gas regulator called in. Everyone could have been killed by carbon monoxide. Fucking mental situation we are in right now.

Edited by Bobthebuilder
ffing spelin

43 minutes ago, Bobthebuilder said:

Yep.

I know a builder who takes 50% of the labour cost he charges to the customer, no end of Albanians lining up for the work. Ive seen fights between different EE nationals to try and control that 50%.

I know a few EE gas fitters, they dont know shit about it, i dont even know how they passed the exam.

I once went to a boiler breakdown in a HMO, i was the 5TH gas man, the other 4 (who were cheap plumbers by the way) had failed to find the fault. It took me 5 mins, the regulator on the gas meter was stuck at 9mbar working pressure, less than half that it should be, classed as immediatey dangerous, instant shut down and the gas regulator called in. Everyone could have been killed by carbon monoxide. Fucking mental situation we are in right now.

No one is allowed to fail anything. 

1 hour ago, Bobthebuilder said:

Yep.

I think the general public now considers every thing is easy to do and therefore cheap. Maybe this is the result of numerous tv house make over shows.

The regulation of gas fitting  and enforcement of most  construction regulations has become worse.  Private building control being the obvious example. 

We have become a country of numerous laws that no one wants to enforce due to the cost. The unscrupulous have cottoned on to this and it's to our detriment. 

Britain is a worn out imperial power and it shows. The place is getting very frayed around the edges.

22 hours ago, chicker said:

Lots of rental stuff and no one really cares. That's what the bottom looks like.

You have hit the nail on the head right there.

I came to the conclusion earlier this year that the current crop breaking the regs either dont know they are or dont know they are and couldnt give a toss anyway.

Posted (edited)

Heartwarming story of a  young refugee ...

London woman trying to trace man who bought bike

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-49322321

Ms Babakar and her parents fled Iraq during the first Gulf war, travelling to refugee camps in Turkey, Azerbaijan, and Russia before spending a year at the one near Zwolle between 1994 and 1995.

The family eventually settled in London.

Funny that.

Like all those 'dutch' somalis.

Edited by spygirl

On 10/08/2019 at 08:47, spygirl said:

A bit of a stretch but .... it shows that where you get two EUers of different nationality, they always seem to move to the UK.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-49303927

The Quoirins, an Irish-French family who have lived in London for 20 years, arrived in the Dusun forest eco-resort in southern Negeri Sembilan state a week ago.

Nora, who has an Irish passport, was last seen on Sunday.

https://news.sky.com/story/nora-quoirin-london-girl-missing-in-malaysia-not-like-other-teenagers-11781325

Nora Quoirin: London girl missing in Malaysia 'not like other teenagers'

Nora Quoirin's family says the teenager is "very sensitive" and has spent a lot of time in hospital during her life.

French or Irish hospital?

Dads some french blokes who retrained and is churnign thru sales jobs.

Mams some made up futurologist.

Now, I really do hope the girl is found. The story itself is very weird, almost McCann-ian.

Cue star

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/latest-news/797167/madeleine-mccann-nora-quoirin-malaysia-ben-needham-disappearances

If you havea kids whos a bit 'special' why the fuck go to Malaysia for a holiday?

Why not a week at Butlins or somewhere where theres a lot of English speakers, just in case she, you know, legs it.

A massive search operation has been underway for Nora Anne Quoirin, who was discovered missing by her family last Sunday morning from the Dusun eco-resort in southern Negeri Sembilan state.

Bit of a thread crosser, this one.

Sad but not unexpected outcome.

Again, Butlins would not have impressed your posh friends but youd have come back with your kid - if that was the plan.

On 12/08/2019 at 17:58, Bobthebuilder said:

You have hit the nail on the head right there.

I came to the conclusion earlier this year that the current crop breaking the regs either dont know they are or dont know they are and couldnt give a toss anyway.

Had another one today. A chap called Polish Andy had fitted a boiler and gas hob in a kitchen re fit, that night customer could smell gas, emergency services called out and gas shut down. Anyone can make a mistake but it turns out Polish Andy holds no Gas safe licence. More illegal work with no one to police it.

Posted (edited)

It was the weirdest thing, the other day an early evening knock at the door, a couple asking if I knew any Hungarians in the area! Surprised I got them to repeat their question. As they replied across the street another couple were knocking on another door!

Made a change from Charity chuggers, Windows and Utilities annoyers.

Edited by Alonso Quijano

11 hours ago, Bobthebuilder said:

Had another one today. A chap called Polish Andy had fitted a boiler and gas hob in a kitchen re fit, that night customer could smell gas, emergency services called out and gas shut down. Anyone can make a mistake but it turns out Polish Andy holds no Gas safe licence. More illegal work with no one to police it.

If Gas Safe were as motivated as the RSPCA there would be convictions all over the place. If you look at the stats , the number of boilers sold doesn't tally with the numbers of boilers reportedly fitted. There is no desire to rectify this situation, the usual lip service when someone dies is all we get. 

Make the home owner responsible for checking the fitter is qualified and fine them if they allow unqualified people to work on their property. 

Worked with waste. I no longer get streams of pikeys knocking on my door to clear my  rubbish when work is going on in my house. 20 years old it was 3 or 4 a day.

Only 1 million have applied to stay so far...

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/one-million-granted-status-under-the-eu-settlement-scheme

The Home Office has today published the latest statistics on the EU Settlement Scheme up to 31 July 2019, showing that the highest number of applications has come from Polish, Romanian Gypsies, Italian Nigerian and Portuguese Angolan people

Theres a hoohaa as its rumoured that FOM will end dead on 31 Oct.

Theres this org

https://www.the3million.org.uk/about-us

Niw 3m is the number of euers living in uk before ee ascension.

Even with tgat laughably low fugure, thats still 3x more than ukers living in eu.

The issue is purely about access to benefits n public services and the sheer number of lw paid eeers in the uk.

If neither side correct that tgan brexit will roll on n on.

Just now, spygirl said:

I do, as its a massive stick the uk has.

Eu register and stop access to benefits  ar jsa.

Well I think you are wrong. If they are legal, they can stay. If not, they won't be found often, so there!

33 minutes ago, MrPin said:

Well I think you are wrong. If they are legal, they can stay. If not, they won't be found often, so there!

Yes they can. But if they no longer have access to benefits, will they? 

There is no need to deport anyone. The unproductive will leave of their own accord once the magic money tap is turned off.

1 hour ago, Wight Flight said:

Yes they can. But if they no longer have access to benefits, will they? 

There is no need to deport anyone. The unproductive will leave of their own accord once the magic money tap is turned off.

I'm very doubtful access to stuff like tax credits, child benefit etc. will be withdrawn. It will be untenable to make them pay uk tax then exclude them from the tax credits a UK worker in the same job would receive.

The real question is that of political will to do anything and I just don't see it. I'm also very doubtful you could starve the benefits dependent part of the indigenous UK population into replacing them across the NMW job sector particularly as there's clearly no political will to trial that experiment now and it doesn't require a departure from the EU to do so.

People get massively over-optimistic on what a post Brexit political landscape, if it ever comes, will look like. They seem to confuse leaving the EU with swapping the whole UK political class and government machinery for something strongly right leaning and socially conservative when we'll, in reality, still have exactly the same as before.

5 hours ago, SNACR said:

I'm very doubtful access to stuff like tax credits, child benefit etc. will be withdrawn. It will be untenable to make them pay uk tax then exclude them from the tax credits a UK worker in the same job would receive.

The real question is that of political will to do anything and I just don't see it. I'm also very doubtful you could starve the benefits dependent part of the indigenous UK population into replacing them across the NMW job sector particularly as there's clearly no political will to trial that experiment now and it doesn't require a departure from the EU to do so.

People get massively over-optimistic on what a post Brexit political landscape, if it ever comes, will look like. They seem to confuse leaving the EU with swapping the whole UK political class and government machinery for something strongly right leaning and socially conservative when we'll, in reality, still have exactly the same as before.

The numbers are so big youd be an idiot not to.

Mrs spys class last year had ~5 EEer, drawing ~ 1.5/m cash + 5k schooling per ki + NHS - you are getting towards ~200k just for mrs spy class. So 2k to 5k x 4m to 6m

As far as work, none were doing anything useful - one sold Big Issues, the rest did the usual 16h, mainly at a Sklep.

The idea that the UK will lose millions of essential workers is nuts - they are all doing TC make work scams.

As fasr as polictal will on Brexit, May n team just dragged their feet.

Im not  saying Boris is some sort of saviour .. however, they are actually progressing stuff at a rapid clip.

As it stands the EU can hold various threats over the UK.

But the UK holds a massive threat, niether side have really acknowledged it - there are so many EUers inthe UK. In fact, going by the number of different EUers you could argue that the UK is he only European country in Europe.

8 hours ago, spygirl said:

I do, as its a massive stick the uk has.

Eu register and stop access to benefits  ar jsa.

I’m wondering whether this is linked to the retire after you are dead thread. Game plan

1. leak a report from a think tank about the rise in pension age
  2. report it as government policy
  3. on leaving EU, really tighten access and o bennies and services (ie, you don’t get if you are not british
  4. await the sjw backlash 
  5. put it to the population, we can’t afford both.  What do you want?  A pension or free stuff for foreigners?  

Problem, reaction, solution. 

32 minutes ago, spygirl said:

The numbers are so big youd be an idiot not to.

Mrs spys class last year had ~5 EEer, drawing ~ 1.5/m cash + 5k schooling per ki + NHS - you are getting towards ~200k just for mrs spy class. So 2k to 5k x 4m to 6m

As far as work, none were doing anything useful - one sold Big Issues, the rest did the usual 16h, mainly at a Sklep.

The idea that the UK will lose millions of essential workers is nuts - they are all doing TC make work scams.

As fasr as polictal will on Brexit, May n team just dragged their feet.

Im not  saying Boris is some sort of saviour .. however, they are actually progressing stuff at a rapid clip.

As it stands the EU can hold various threats over the UK.

But the UK holds a massive threat, niether side have really acknowledged it - there are so many EUers inthe UK. In fact, going by the number of different EUers you could argue that the UK is he only European country in Europe.

What prior behaviour makes you think any of them are interested in stopping tax credits to any nationality?

2 minutes ago, SNACR said:

What prior behaviour makes you think any of them are interested in stopping tax credits to any nationality?

Pols are lazy and are operating under Browns TC ignorance of the wider pop.

Theres getting harder as pretty much everyone has graps of how much TC pay outr.

What they dont know is the how much is being claimed by EUers.

52 minutes ago, One percent said:

I’m wondering whether this is linked to the retire after you are dead thread. Game plan

1. leak a report from a think tank about the rise in pension age
  2. report it as government policy
  3. on leaving EU, really tighten access and o bennies and services (ie, you don’t get if you are not british
  4. await the sjw backlash 
  5. put it to the population, we can’t afford both.  What do you want?  A pension or free stuff for foreigners?  

Problem, reaction, solution. 

Oh to be a beneficiary of the EU teat and not a net contributor. It changes the situation somewhat. Great when you can get the benefit of higher earnings and massive tax breaks and none of the associated costs. The more that arrived the higher housing and land costs became and the more manufacturing was stripped from the UK and shipped off to eastern europe and elsewhere many companies couldn't;t resist the one off asset strip. Brownfield sites were an oh so popular term under Blair/Brown.

https://uk.reuters.com/article/uk-poland-pension/polish-cut-in-retirement-age-comes-into-force-bucking-european-trend-idUKKCN1C60ZD

Polish cut in retirement age comes into force, bucking European trend

Lowering the age to 60 for women and 65 for men is popular in particular among supporters of the governing right-wing Law and Justice (PiS) party, and reverses an increase to 67 approved in 2012 by the former centrist government.

6 hours ago, SNACR said:

Untenable???

You really are a lefty of the worst kind. 

Ive just been to work in Norway for 2.5 weeks and will be paying circa £3000 in tax ... and i won't be able to claim any benefits. My stay onshore in Norway was merely waiting for a train and plane.

Come on SNACR stop commenting on everything when you're uninformed. 

https://www.skatteetaten.no/en/person/foreign/are-you-intending-to-work-in-norway/continental-shelf-workers-seafarers-artists-and-sportspersons/continental-shelf-workers/

https://www.skatteetaten.no/en/business-and-organisation/foreign/foreign-companies/

Edit - When sportsmen and woman come here along with musicians they're not entitled to benefits.

Edited by Tdog

1 hour ago, spygirl said:

Pols are lazy and are operating under Browns TC ignorance of the wider pop.

Theres getting harder as pretty much everyone has graps of how much TC pay outr.

What they dont know is the how much is being claimed by EUers.

That's a rather disparaging statement about the Poles. However many claim to be plumbers, when they have no certificate whatsoever. I can do plumbing, and I have no training it it either.