Jump to content
DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

     

    DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

    Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

     

10M -/+ 2M Europeans in UK


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Coming up for my third week of farm work. Can confirm it is hard labour...made more difficult by the weather we've been having. Sunburn seems to find its way somewhere regardless of how much you lathe

Imho, they should not be able to take anything out of the benefit system until they have paid a substantial amount in. Same should be applied to UK citizens. It should, as we have been saying, be cont

I put a comment on a newspaper website recently which was cheering on the suffragettes in which I basically said hurrah for the long road to allow women today to work 48 weeks a year in jobs they hate

Posted Images

14 minutes ago, Napoleon Dynamite said:

Can anybody find up to date stats on National Insurance Registrations?

Up to 2014 there's data, followed by an upsurge after which they appear to have lost the ability to track or publish the statistics, odd that.

 

 

c4615968.png

c4615968.png

NI barely tell you the full story.

If uks eu immigration was like auf wedersein, like all the gormless mefia n Pols think, then it might come close.

For each NI number theres a non working spouse, few kids in school, grandparents over and an  idiot unclie sleeping in the sofa, working cash in hand.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 09/10/2019 at 10:49, The Generation Game said:

One for @spygirl (even if it is just messing up big scary numbers reviewed by an arts grad)

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/oct/09/two-million-eu-citizens-apply-to-remain-in-britain-brexit

Two million people have asked to stay in the UK after Brexit under the government’s EU settlement scheme, latest figures show.

The number of applications received by 30 September is equivalent to one in six EU citizens in the UK and included nationals and relatives from the EU, the European Economic Area (EEA) and Switzerland, Home Office data published on Wednesday said.

 

Sooooo. 12m?

That 2m is now up to 3.6m.

In 4 months.

Id love to see a time chart of applications, just to see if its levelling off.

Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, spygirl said:

That 2m is now up to 3.6m.

In 4 months.

Id love to see a time chart of applications, just to see if its levelling off.

Im hearing loads of EE accents in Lidl in t’ord spot. Difficult to identify unless they open their mouths. I bet there is a lot and thats in, as you know, a very isolated spot. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Could have gone in several threads.

Best fit here, considering hes Brazilian, sorry, spanish.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/uk-world-news/nhs-worker-struggled-feed-daughter-21482648.amp

A part-time NHS worker struggled to feed his daughter after the DWP had frozen his Universal Credit payments without warning.

Cesar Zanin said he was “depressed” after he was given no notice of his payments stopping on January 20.

 

OMG a dr is in trouble!!!

https://m.facebook.com/waldenzanin

Hotel sevices and interpreter..........

So, teaboy.

Followed by dozens of pointless non jobs.

Hus fb posts take the piss. A brazlian, scamming a spsnish passport, to claim benefuts in uk. And wonders why uk voted brexit.

Ill bet big bucks hes come over after his spanish dole ran out.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, spygirl said:

Could have gone in several threads.

Best fit here, considering hes Brazilian, sorry, spanish.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/uk-world-news/nhs-worker-struggled-feed-daughter-21482648.amp

A part-time NHS worker struggled to feed his daughter after the DWP had frozen his Universal Credit payments without warning.

Cesar Zanin said he was “depressed” after he was given no notice of his payments stopping on January 20.

 

OMG a dr is in trouble!!!

https://m.facebook.com/waldenzanin

Hotel sevices and interpreter..........

So, teaboy.

Followed by dozens of pointless non jobs.

Hus fb posts take the piss. A brazlian, scamming a spsnish passport, to claim benefuts in uk. And wonders why uk voted brexit.

Ill bet big bucks hes come over after his spanish dole ran out.

 

 

When you say dr, you mean medical doctor?  How do we know?  There appears from some cases in the court that for some overseas medics, the qualifications are made up bollox.  Not saying at all that this is the case here. Just asking if anyone has actually done some due diligence on this.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, One percent said:

When you say dr, you mean medical doctor?  How do we know?  There appears from some cases in the court that for some overseas medics, the qualifications are made up bollox.  Not saying at all that this is the case here. Just asking if anyone has actually done some due diligence on this.  

No, hes a parttime teaboy.

Offering translation services to the nhs.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, spygirl said:

No, hes a parttime teaboy.

Offering translation services to the nhs.

Dont treat

a) those how have not contributed 

b) those who cannot converse in the native language (English) 

 

= he can fuck off, his particular skill set is no longer needed. 
 

how hard is this exactly?  

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Roger_Mellie said:

This is the reason this is the last census isn't it? Massive cover up of EUers staying in the UK Scott free whilst UK in the EU don't get the same treatment. The issue is just too big to handle effectively.

Yes. There is a thread on this, started this aft. It’s an incredibly significant move by the establishment. It significant that we have lost sovereign control of our borders. 
 

did we leave the EU last week?  Just wondering. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Roger_Mellie said:

This is the reason this is the last census isn't it? Massive cover up of EUers staying in the UK Scott free whilst UK in the EU don't get the same treatment. The issue is just too big to handle effectively.

As the number of migrants, eu n elsewhere, and the number who are benefit dependent get to be known, youll prob see uk welfare end.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Not sure if this story belongs here as neither Serbia or Albania are in the EU (yet), am bit conflicted on this one as I don't believe you should make someone stateless on a whim. We don't know what info the Home Office has but I can believe that he lied and he really is from Albania as 20 years ago many Albanians did pretend to be Kosovans and made their way here and to other countries in W. Europe eg Germany, Netherlands, Sweden as refugees.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/british-man-blocked-uk-home-office-passport-brussels-a9332311.html

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Underwhelmed said:

Not sure if this story belongs here as neither Serbia or Albania are in the EU (yet), am bit conflicted on this one as I don't believe you should make someone stateless on a whim. We don't know what info the Home Office has but I can believe that he lied and he really is from Albania as 20 years ago many Albanians did pretend to be Kosovans and made their way here and to other countries in W. Europe eg Germany, Netherlands, Sweden as refugees.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/british-man-blocked-uk-home-office-passport-brussels-a9332311.html

Total bullshit, well it is The Independent

David Lammy, Labour MP for Tottenham, said it was “grossly inhumane” for the government to prevent entry to someone who arrived in Britain as a minor and has called the country his home for the past 20 years.

Mr Lala, who was born in Serbia but moved to the UK as a teenager and naturalised, said he went to the UK embassy in Belgium to seek help, only to be told his British passport – the only one he has ever owned – was no longer valid and have it confiscated from him, leaving him stateless.

 

Naturalise is not a passive step.

Hes fucking lying.

I would assume the passport, if he ever had one, was a forgery.

As far as coming here at 15. Who with? Parents? By himself??

The letter states that his UK passport “should not have been issued”, on the basis that he naturalised with an identity that “conflicts [his] true identity”. It states that he said he was born in 1986 and born in Serbia, but the Home Office believes he was born in 1985 in Albania.

 

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, spygirl said:

Total bullshit, well it is The Independent

David Lammy, Labour MP for Tottenham, said it was “grossly inhumane” for the government to prevent entry to someone who arrived in Britain as a minor and has called the country his home for the past 20 years.

Mr Lala, who was born in Serbia but moved to the UK as a teenager and naturalised, said he went to the UK embassy in Belgium to seek help, only to be told his British passport – the only one he has ever owned – was no longer valid and have it confiscated from him, leaving him stateless.

 

Naturalise is not a passive step.

Hes fucking lying.

I would assume the passport, if he ever had one, was a forgery.

As far as coming here at 15. Who with? Parents? By himself??

The letter states that his UK passport “should not have been issued”, on the basis that he naturalised with an identity that “conflicts [his] true identity”. It states that he said he was born in 1986 and born in Serbia, but the Home Office believes he was born in 1985 in Albania.

 

 

 

 

I think it's grossly inhumane that someone like David Lammy is able to work to destroy a stable british culture from within, but you don't see me invited to talk about it by the media....

Link to post
Share on other sites

Only just stumbled on this listening to R4 from our own correspondent.

Im surprised the So-Called BBC did not make a massive thing about it, rolling news, sending reporters over to etcetc.

Oppressed Chinese artists, moves to Germany in 2015, escaping political opression and prison bck in China.

Hooray for Mutie!!!!!! A beacon of liberalism and inclusiveness. For you Britain, racists.

Few years later ...

Hes off:

https://www.theguardian.com/artanddesign/2019/aug/22/ai-weiwei-cites-change-in-german-attitudes-as-reason-for-move-to-uk

Accusing Europe of turning its back on refugees and kowtowing to China for economic gain, the artist said: “Europe was a civilised, modern society which was supposed to uphold humanism, democracy, freedom and human rights. Europe may no longer remain Europe beyond geography.”

Wheres he off???

https://www.theguardian.com/artanddesign/2020/jan/21/ai-weiwei-on-his-new-life-in-britain-germany-virtual-reality-film

Devastated by his time in Germany, which he regards as still Nazi, the artist has moved. As he unveils a powerful virtual reality artwork, he talks about needing a monster to fight – and why he’d like to be a barber

Cambridge!!!!

I keep telling the continentals, The UK is the only truly European country.

All continental European countries are small, petty minded, insular little <whatver>ders.

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Post via a FB friend , that IM meant to feel raging at the 'injustice' about:

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2020/feb/17/italian-man-95-resident-in-uk-for-68-years-told-to-prove-it?CMP=share_btn_fb&fbclid=IwAR0hye6w6noUzxkrSXivrdti7usAPQSSyFLsKn3P5u3MUz2BFXWwWgouQ3s

Instead, it just shows the folly low skilled earning immigration, at least in a country with high spending social care/pensions.

A 95-year-old Italian man who has been in the UK for 68 years has been asked to prove he is resident in the country by the Home Office in order to remain after Brexit, despite receiving the state pension for the past 32 years.

Antonio Finelli came to the country in 1952 when he answered an appeal for immigrant labour as part of the reconstruction effort after the second world war ended.

....

“What I find unacceptable is that Mr Finelli has been living here for 70 years. He has been here all his life. He worked for 40 years and [after] 32 years received his pension. He is a good fellow, a good citizen and came before freedom of movement, [but] still has the burden of providing proof of residence.

Came here @ 25. I dont know but I guess hes probably worked in low paid/cash in hand jobs - the fact hes gone to a Italian help centre after 70 years of living here rather than CAB would point to poor english.

Work for 40 then claim pension for 32.

Hes probably claimed more in  pension benefit in 10 eyars then he paid in tax all his working life. Chuck in soicla are in London and the cost-benefits are brutal -against the UKGOV.

Insane.

Patching labour shortages -which probably dont exist - with anything other than shot term work permits say 5 or 10 years, is fucking nuts in countries with high welfare spend.

 

 

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, dooh!, it looks like the dirty scummy voters are more economically adept than Pols n Economists.

Immigration to America is down. Wages are up

Are the two related?

https://www.economist.com/united-states/2020/02/13/immigration-to-america-is-down-wages-are-up

In both 2018 and 2019 nominal wages rose by more than 3%, the fastest growth since before the recession a decade ago. Americans at the bottom of the labour market are doing especially well. In the past year the wages of those without a high-school diploma have risen by nearly 10%. Intriguingly, this has come as America has turned considerably less friendly to immigrants, who are assumed by many to steal jobs from natives and lower the wages of less-educated folk. The two phenomena may be connected—but only for a while.

Oh wow .... like, thats not weve been told.

Its then goes on to say:

The number of highly qualified immigrants continues to rise. San Francisco airport remains just as crammed with Allbirds-and-gilet-wearing tech investors from all over the world. It appears instead that the overall decline in the foreign-born population is a result of falling numbers of low-skilled migrants. Those numbers slumped a decade ago because of the recession that began in 2007, changing demographics in Mexico and tougher border policing. More recently the number of low-skilled migrants appears to be in decline again. That is probably a consequence of policies implemented by President Donald Trump, as well as the off-putting effects of his rhetoric on foreigners.

I can assure you Joe Sixpack does not have a problem with high earners, high skilled migrants coming over and paying oodles of tax. Now Joe might have a different opinion of the non working Somalis in Minnesota.

 

And this is America, who have lower taxes and lower benefits i.e. you work or die.

IN places like he UK/Europe, the import of low skilled migrants is a a fucking disaster for he bottom 50% of earners/workers.

Wages are lowered, taxes are increased to pay for the extra welfare, housing costs go up, then , tp top it all, txes go up to support all he low skilled migrants causing the fuck up.

 

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, spygirl said:

Well, dooh!, it looks like the dirty scummy voters are more economically adept than Pols n Economists.

Immigration to America is down. Wages are up

Are the two related?

https://www.economist.com/united-states/2020/02/13/immigration-to-america-is-down-wages-are-up

In both 2018 and 2019 nominal wages rose by more than 3%, the fastest growth since before the recession a decade ago. Americans at the bottom of the labour market are doing especially well. In the past year the wages of those without a high-school diploma have risen by nearly 10%. Intriguingly, this has come as America has turned considerably less friendly to immigrants, who are assumed by many to steal jobs from natives and lower the wages of less-educated folk. The two phenomena may be connected—but only for a while.

Oh wow .... like, thats not weve been told.

Its then goes on to say:

The number of highly qualified immigrants continues to rise. San Francisco airport remains just as crammed with Allbirds-and-gilet-wearing tech investors from all over the world. It appears instead that the overall decline in the foreign-born population is a result of falling numbers of low-skilled migrants. Those numbers slumped a decade ago because of the recession that began in 2007, changing demographics in Mexico and tougher border policing. More recently the number of low-skilled migrants appears to be in decline again. That is probably a consequence of policies implemented by President Donald Trump, as well as the off-putting effects of his rhetoric on foreigners.

I can assure you Joe Sixpack does not have a problem with high earners, high skilled migrants coming over and paying oodles of tax. Now Joe might have a different opinion of the non working Somalis in Minnesota.

 

And this is America, who have lower taxes and lower benefits i.e. you work or die.

IN places like he UK/Europe, the import of low skilled migrants is a a fucking disaster for he bottom 50% of earners/workers.

Wages are lowered, taxes are increased to pay for the extra welfare, housing costs go up, then , tp top it all, txes go up to support all he low skilled migrants causing the fuck up.

 

 

 

 

The economist, after over a decade of being mindlessly pro-immigrant, suddenly being a bit more balanced?

Perhaps a return to form, even migrationwatch used to quote the economist in the early 2000s, when they were a little more balanced about immigration, ie

 

The Economist magazine (27 June 02) assessed this as follows:

"The benefits immigration produces are unlikely to be very large. The increase in GDP per head will be smaller than in overall GDP...estimated this at 1/8% per head per year.

https://www.migrationwatchuk.org/briefing-paper/4/the-fiscal-impact-of-immigration-to-the-uk-

 

The Home Office statement that "Migrants Boost the Labour Market" misses the point entirely. Of course migrants add to the labour market. But all authoritative studies (the American NRC, the Economist Magazine, and the European Commission) show that immigration adds very little indeed to wealth per head (Gross National Product per capita)

https://www.migrationwatchuk.org/press-release/7/social-costs-of-mass-immigration-outweigh-small-economic-gain

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...