• Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
spygirl

10M -/+ 2M Europeans in UK

Why has eastern Europe suffered less from coronavirus than the west?

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/may/05/why-has-eastern-europe-suffered-less-from-coronavirus-than-the-west

The coronavirus map of Europe makes one thing clear: the richer nations of western Europe have suffered more from the virus than countries in the eastern half of the EU, almost without exceptions.

Comparing figures from different countries can be fraught with difficulty, and many factors can potentially skew the numbers. But the comparison between western Europe on the one hand, and central and eastern Europe on the other, shows a difference in coronavirus rates that is too stark to ignore.

Even the worst-hit central and eastern European countries have infection and death rates per million inhabitants much lower than western European nations, and in some the statistics are truly remarkable: Slovakia has recorded just 1,413 confirmed cases and 25 deaths. Neighbouring Austria, widely regarded as having tackled the challenge of the virus successfully, nevertheless has more than 10 times the number of infections and 20 times the deaths as Slovakia, with a population less than twice the size.

Errr could it be most EE are in Western Europe?

Just now, spygirl said:

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/may/05/why-has-eastern-europe-suffered-less-from-coronavirus-than-the-west

The coronavirus map of Europe makes one thing clear: the richer nations of western Europe have suffered more from the virus than countries in the eastern half of the EU, almost without exceptions.

Comparing figures from different countries can be fraught with difficulty, and many factors can potentially skew the numbers. But the comparison between western Europe on the one hand, and central and eastern Europe on the other, shows a difference in coronavirus rates that is too stark to ignore.

Even the worst-hit central and eastern European countries have infection and death rates per million inhabitants much lower than western European nations, and in some the statistics are truly remarkable: Slovakia has recorded just 1,413 confirmed cases and 25 deaths. Neighbouring Austria, widely regarded as having tackled the challenge of the virus successfully, nevertheless has more than 10 times the number of infections and 20 times the deaths as Slovakia, with a population less than twice the size.

Reporting.

1 hour ago, spygirl said:

There's undoubtedly something word about this. I need to find numbers to confirm but I'm almost certain it's hit richer countries harder than poorer countries. Not hearing much about Africa and I've already mentioned India - I'm no epidemiologist but I still find India odd, even accounting for the fact that people living their have decent immune systems due to it being a disease ridden shithole.

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, Roger_Mellie said:

but I'm almost certain it's hit richer countries harder than poorer countries. Not hearing much about Africa and I've already mentioned India

The infection has largely killed old, ill, fat people with too little vitamin D.

The UK is full of these people.

If you look around the streets you see fat people everywhere.

If you look around the streets you will see lots of (ill ?) people riding electric disabled chariots.

If you look around the streets you will see that there are too many people.

When you think about the lifestyles of a lot of city dwellers, they don't really have access to open spaces and sunlight, hence vitamin D levels are not what they should be, and to make matters worse, lots of people living in the UK are beige, brown or black whose skin prevents them producing Vitamin D.

Have you ever been inside an old peoples home ?

Now compare all that with the Eastern Europeans, lower population density, not as fat, not as disabled, not as many old people (this is an assumption) more sunshine and open space, and finally most people are an appropriate colour for the lattitude.

Which population would you expect to have a higher death rate ?

Edited by Bornagain

7 hours ago, Roger_Mellie said:

There's undoubtedly something word about this. I need to find numbers to confirm but I'm almost certain it's hit richer countries harder than poorer countries. Not hearing much about Africa and I've already mentioned India - I'm no epidemiologist but I still find India odd, even accounting for the fact that people living their have decent immune systems due to it being a disease ridden shithole.

Africa is much yonnger than Europe and the US. Median ae is in the 20s. Europes in in the mid 40s.

Plus Africa has much higher rate of infant mortality - all the wheezing asthmatics are eaten by lions and shit like that.

Eastern Europe has similar demographics - bar a bit of a drop off for 65+.

I think the the reao n or low EE is really  down to ~30-50% being in h West . Much lower population density and now kids/young adults around to pass virus onto older, housebound people.

As far as India goes, Id guess the dath rate per capita is already very high.

7 minutes ago, Bornagain said:

The infection has largely killed old, ill, fat people with too little vitamin D.

The UK is full of these people.

If you look around the streets you see fat people everywhere.

If you look around the streets you will see lots of (ill ?) people riding electric disabled chariots.

If you look around the streets you will see that there are too many people.

When you think about the lifestyles of a lot of city dwellers, they don't really have access to open spaces and sunlight, hence vitamin D levels are not what they should be, and to make matters worse, lots of people living in the UK are beige, brown or black whose skin prevents them producing Vitamin D.

Have you ever been inside an old peoples home ?

Now compare all that with the Eastern Europeans, lower population density, not as fat, not as disabled, not as many old people (this is an assumption) more sunshine and open space, and finally most people are an appropriate colour for the lattitude.

Which population would you expect to have a higher death rate ?

I did look at EE mortality stats, pre -C19.

Although theres similar health outcome, the bulk of the people being hit by C19 in the UK - the frail old, the fat and the generally weak tend to die much earlier than i nthe UK - 10 - 20 years older.

In the UK the inform and the non work and old are given loads of money, which they spend on booze n fags.

In EE they get much less money, so are much less prone to be become idle and fat.

10 minutes ago, spygirl said:

I did look at EE mortality stats, pre -C19.

Although theres similar health outcome, the bulk of the people being hit by C19 in the UK - the frail old, the fat and the generally weak tend to die much earlier than i nthe UK - 10 - 20 years older.

In the UK the inform and the non work and old are given loads of money, which they spend on booze n fags.

In EE they get much less money, so are much less prone to be become idle and fat.

Which is basically my point, our nations wealth has allowed a population to form who are very vulnerable to this condition - you could form an argument that a high death rate from this disease is a marker of a succesful country.

The better we do as a country, then the longer (and more vulnerable) our old people will live. Until something comes along that targets the old and weak, then kills large numbers of them.

'Milestone moment' as Amazon opens North-east warehouse creating over 1,000 permanent jobs

The technology company, which has been fitted out with advanced robotics technology, has today opened a fulfilment centre

https://www.gazettelive.co.uk/news/teesside-news/milestone-moment-amazon-opens-north-18231447

Associates Dovile Surdokaite, Paul Bainbridge and Michal Kupczyk are part of the new team and were the first people to have picked, packed and shipped a customer order from the site which was a hot tub cleaner. 

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8344583/Carers-jailed-stealing-OBE-medal-dementia-hit-90-year-old.html

Two men working as carers at a nursing home have been jailed after they stole a terminally ill man's OBE medal as well as jewellery from a dying cancer patient. 

The pair, Nicolae Malinche and Gabriel Cachit were working for Royle Care in Reading when they targeted at least ten of their elderly clients. 

Edited by One percent
Forgot the text

On 07/05/2020 at 06:46, spygirl said:

Africa is much yonnger than Europe and the US. Median ae is in the 20s. Europes in in the mid 40s.

Plus Africa has much higher rate of infant mortality - all the wheezing asthmatics are eaten by lions and shit like that.

Eastern Europe has similar demographics - bar a bit of a drop off for 65+.

I think the the reao n or low EE is really  down to ~30-50% being in h West . Much lower population density and now kids/young adults around to pass virus onto older, housebound people.

As far as India goes, Id guess the dath rate per capita is already very high.

Sheer comedy genius!

14 minutes ago, One percent said:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8344583/Carers-jailed-stealing-OBE-medal-dementia-hit-90-year-old.html

Two men working as carers at a nursing home have been jailed after they stole a terminally ill man's OBE medal as well as jewellery from a dying cancer patient. 

The pair, Nicolae Malinche and Gabriel Cachit were working for Royle Care in Reading when they targeted at least ten of their elderly clients. 

Robmanians?

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8343509/Professional-Burglar-jailed-stopped-Romania-haul-stolen-British-homes.html

2 minutes ago, spygirl said:

Saw that one too. 

A burglar has been jailed after being intercepted on a Romanian motorway while attempting to make off with a host of stolen goods, picked up across southern England.

A vast collection of goods were found in the packed car, including silverware, jewellery and priceless war medals.

Claudiu Popa, 23, operated within a professional criminal network of thieves who specifically targeted homes in Britain and plotted break-in operations.

wtf is government doing allowing all these criminals in?  

Just now, One percent said:

Saw that one too. 

A burglar has been jailed after being intercepted on a Romanian motorway while attempting to make off with a host of stolen goods, picked up across southern England.

A vast collection of goods were found in the packed car, including silverware, jewellery and priceless war medals.

Claudiu Popa, 23, operated within a professional criminal network of thieves who specifically targeted homes in Britain and plotted break-in operations.

wtf is government doing allowing all these criminals in?  

WTF are Europeans government letting the Balkans countries in?

Bar a few (Estonia, Czech,  Slovenia) the rest of EE countries were too poor or too both or both, to be given access to the rest of Europe.

Clusterfuck.

30 minutes ago, spygirl said:

WTF are Europeans government letting the Balkans countries in?

Bar a few (Estonia, Czech,  Slovenia) the rest of EE countries were too poor or too both or both, to be given access to the rest of Europe.

Clusterfuck.

I guess someone has to pick the fruit. xD  banging on about this on the radio today including an interview with a woman (British) who had tried it. Said, and her description confirmed, that it was akin to slavery. 

1 hour ago, One percent said:

I guess someone has to pick the fruit. xD  banging on about this on the radio today including an interview with a woman (British) who had tried it. Said, and her description confirmed, that it was akin to slavery. 

Whingers daily had a spokesman saying they've got enough Labour now.

What they wanted was an excess 9f workers to fuck down the wages n force them un caravans.

2 hours ago, spygirl said:

Whingers daily had a spokesman saying they've got enough Labour now.

What they wanted was an excess 9f workers to fuck down the wages n force them un caravans.

Woman on the radio said that even though she was local, the fruit picker employer insisted that she lived in a caravan on site. Wonder why?  o.O