• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
spygirl

10M -/+ 2M Europeans in UK

6 hours ago, spygirl said:

More of the  BBCs reporting from the 'North'

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-48533109

Radio woman called out about the costs of someone from Scabby working in Leeds, and who the rise in rents have killed the advantages of moving.

Now could the So-Called BBC explain why rents in Leedski have risen so much?

The other significant issue is stagnation of wages and that for many, the minimum wage is the wage for the job. 

42 minutes ago, One percent said:

The other significant issue is stagnation of wages and that for many, the minimum wage is the wage for the job. 

And just because minimum wage is rising the higher pay doesn't go up. 

1 minute ago, sarahbell said:

And just because minimum wage is rising the higher pay doesn't go up. 

Yep, if it keeps going as it it the minimum wage will rise and rise, slowly subsuming the higher wages until we are all on the same wage no matter what we do. 

A marxist’s wet dream “from each according to their ability, to each according to need.”  

Posted (edited)

Anecdotal "a day on the life of LTS

Not a complaint as such more an observation. Other than my kids and mother (excusable as indigenous) all my contact with other humans today has been EE.

After dropping my kids off at school this morning I popped into Lidl for my chocolate croissant and some sun cream served by an Eastern European chap, headed off to Shropshire walking up Haughmond Hill to find the only couple up there were a Romanian couple in their mid-twenties to finally come home to see my new next door neighbour moving in. He introduced himself as Matthew and is in fact Polish in his mid-thirties and actually a thorough nice guy, recently divorced like me as are the other 3 of 6 affordable homes on my new estate 😂

Edited by longtomsilver

Posted (edited)
14 minutes ago, One percent said:

How the hell do you get out of the shop with that much booze without anyone noticing?

Years ago I knew young blokes who hired cars and travelled around doing this. Apparently they just packed stuff into a big sports bag then walked out the door with it and nothing ever happened.

Edited by Panther

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7122989/Albanian-drugs-gang-London-provided-Deliveroo-drugs-Tunbridge-Wells-Kent.html

An Albanian drugs gang in London made £4.2million from a 'Deliveroo for drugs' that provided the residents of leafy Tunbridge Wells with a 24/7 supply of cocaine, a court heard.

Nine men, aged between 19 and 24, operated a '24/7 call centre' to ship drugs from the capital to the quaint Kent town.

The historic spa town is known for its royal patronage and boasts some of the best state schools in the country and an average house price of £500,000.  

Tunbridge residents could easily place orders by phone using the gang's 'simple and consistent business model', their trial heard.

no one has a clue who is here and what they are up to.  

3 minutes ago, One percent said:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7122989/Albanian-drugs-gang-London-provided-Deliveroo-drugs-Tunbridge-Wells-Kent.html

An Albanian drugs gang in London made £4.2million from a 'Deliveroo for drugs' that provided the residents of leafy Tunbridge Wells with a 24/7 supply of cocaine, a court heard.

Nine men, aged between 19 and 24, operated a '24/7 call centre' to ship drugs from the capital to the quaint Kent town.

The historic spa town is known for its royal patronage and boasts some of the best state schools in the country and an average house price of £500,000.  

Tunbridge residents could easily place orders by phone using the gang's 'simple and consistent business model', their trial heard.

no one has a clue who is here and what they are up to.  

Even more surprising as Albanians do not have FOM to the UK.

37 minutes ago, One percent said:

Are you on holiday then?  France?  xD

It was a medium sized UK town, with limited work opportunities.

Thats the issue.

And I got the feelign they were not Drs and engineers, more part-time cleaners and washeruppers.

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, spygirl said:

It was a medium sized UK town, with limited work opportunities.

Thats the issue.

And I got the feelign they were not Drs and engineers, more part-time cleaners and washeruppers.

Which exact town and I'II keep an ear out if it's one on my visiting rota?

Are you getting your car handwashed every time you visit one of these places, or something?

Edited by SNACR

1 minute ago, One percent said:

Did they need work permits do you know?

Im not sure how they did it but most had worked in Italy before coming here. Seemed to have no problem flyimg home and back as well.

Something thats not talked about is the fact the Olympic park was mainly built by Romanians and Alnanians.

1 hour ago, SNACR said:

Which exact town and I'II keep an ear out if it's one on my visiting rota?

Are you getting your car handwashed every time you visit one of these places, or something?

Basingstoke.

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, spygirl said:

Even more surprising as Albanians do not have FOM to the UK.

i've been wondering this for a while. There seem to be a lot of Russians, Chinese (not Hong Kong) and Brazilians about too, and South Americans in general in London. Maybe the latter get in via Portgual/Spain but I suspect many come straight to UK and are just let in.

Edited by The Idiocrat

3 minutes ago, The Idiocrat said:

i've been wondering this for a while. There seem to be a lot of Russians, Chinese (not Hong Kong) and Brazilians about too, and South Americans in general in London. Maybe the latter get in via Portgual/Spain but I suspect many come straight to UK and are just let in.

I’m wondering how it is all facilitated. Apply for a job and you have to produce all kinds of documentation to prove you have the right to work. 

3 minutes ago, The Idiocrat said:

Ah yes. Portuguese, like the Swindon car workers

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/world/uk/thousands-of-goans-to-lose-jobs-as-honda-shuts-shop-in-swindon/articleshow/68070185.cms

File under 'Dutch' of Somali origin.

Id alwsy assume Albanians get here on a visitor basis. Then dont leave.

South Americans - like the night bus lesbian from Uruguay, will come over to Europe normally to Spain, then drifted to the UK as the Spanish economy imploded.

10m +-2m Euers in UK.

Id guess 8M +- rest of world in UK too.

I see multiple family units of Africans in towns where I never used to see any black people. Mam, 3-4 kids with friend, with her 3-4 kids.

I get sit from a few posters on my groundless  anecdotes. But IMHE they are pretty indicative atthe rest of the UK..

4 minutes ago, One percent said:

I’m wondering how it is all facilitated. Apply for a job and you have to produce all kinds of documentation to prove you have the right to work. 

Ah ... I can see where you are going wrong there.

Those are only for legal, PAYE, tax paying jobs.

26 minutes ago, The Idiocrat said:

Labour got rid of embarkation controls within a few months of coming to power in 1997, so we dont know if people are leaving when they should. Tories have been saying they will re-introduce them since 2009. Ten years later, nothing has been done. 

Say what you want about labour, even if their policies are for nefarious ends, at least they get off their arses and enact them. Tories seem to be the 'do nothing' party. The party of stagnation. 

The number of french speaking sub saharan Africans on a council estate where I used to get a bus through exploded around 2003. God knows what happened to them as they seemed to be gone by 2009 ish.